Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
Normal to feel weak day after DD? Newbie

Yesterday was my first 500-cal DD. I felt fine and had more energy than I normally do. Not that that's a lot.

However, today I'm quite weak. I'm also quite hungry but I expected that. My weakness could also be my hypertension med I'm adjusting to, but I wanted to ask if others felt fine on DD but weak on the next UD in the beginning.
tandc90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I think in the beginning you could expect to feel almost anything on either day. This is such a huge adjustment for our bodies to start IFing. You would expect to feel weak on a DD, but maybe that's not how it works for you. Think about all the changes your body is going through in those first 2 weeks, with the reduced and then increased food, your digestive system figuring out what the heck it's supposed to do, your metabolic chemicals (hey, I'm not a scientist so bear with me here), the SIRTs ramping up.

I'd say as long as you are aware of what you're feeling, and don't feel horrible or so weak you might pass out, just know that your body is saying a great big "HUH???" and then as it figures it out a big "Ohhhhhh!"

I know I would get really lightheaded when I stood up for several weeks when I started. I've always sort of had that, but it was way worse. I still get it occasionally but it's pretty mild. I am one that pops up real fast after sitting for a long time - probably shouldn't do that anyway!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
What Carol said!

Plus, don't forget you can always start out a bit higher on your DD (30-35%) and work down. Some have even found (I'm toying with this), that a higher DD might result in better losses.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It is an adjustment in the beginning, but what I learned is that I'm sluggish on UD if I eat early in the day. I try to never eat before 1pm on UD and often later, because once I eat something substantial - more than a yogurt- I start to slow down and get tired. Don't know if that may be what you are feeling since you said you were energetic on your DD.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
What they said. Really, what LCG said is so true. It's a huge adjustment, especially if you've never done a very low calorie diet, or fasted before. I hadn't, and it was eye-opening to say the least. I had headaches that last for a while, and some other symptoms that I cannot recall now. It passes rather quickly and you'll find that you don't really remember the early days so well either. If it's a UD and you feel weak, the best solution is to eat! Welcome, and have a great UD!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Definitely agree with Cindy & Carol.

Also, make sure you're drinking enough water on your UDs. I think y
the focus tends to be mainly on staying hydrated on DDs but it is equally important to stay hydrated on UDs. I find that if I don't drink four to five bottles of water on UDs I have migraines and low energy on my DDs.
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
T&C - it seems you and I are on a similar wavelength today!! I was just asking similar questions on the thread. Today is my 2nd UD and I've been FAMISHED all day!!! Before I eat, while I eat, after I eat, all the time. I've already consumed just over 1900 cals and I'm wondering if I should eat some more, or just ride it out.

I'm relieved to read from so many wonderful JUDDDers that the adjustment time can be a little rough. I can hang on knowing things will get better.

I was not HALF this hungry on either DD!

Beth

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
To begin, just go with the flow, when I restarted I was ravenous on my first couple of DD ( once I'd started to eat) so just ate, as necessary - it becomes less of a problem after the first week or so.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
Thanks everyone! I figured this was just my body adjusting. I've fully fasted before but the suffering was so great I don't remember what the next day was like besides I GOT TO EAT, lol.

DoggyGirl, yes, my husband caught me on the floor chewing on the baseboards and lured my frothing self over to the table with a Cheeto and coke, lol. Seriously, I'm with you in that as long as I know it gets better I can hang on. I probably should have started my day off with some protein and fat. I know I do well that way.
tandc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandc90 View Post
Thanks everyone! I figured this was just my body adjusting. I've fully fasted before but the suffering was so great I don't remember what the next day was like besides I GOT TO EAT, lol.

DoggyGirl, yes, my husband caught me on the floor chewing on the baseboards and lured my frothing self over to the table with a Cheeto and coke, lol. Seriously, I'm with you in that as long as I know it gets better I can hang on. I probably should have started my day off with some protein and fat. I know I do well that way.

Yep, I do much better with fats on a DD, too. Proteins, not so much. But fats .. oh yeah.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandc90 View Post
I am continually lured by my DH's peanuts and peanut butter.

Today is my....4th?? (or 3rd? 4th I think...) DD and it has been easier than the previous ones. Still trying to sort out which types of foods work best. I'm definitely doing well waiting as long as possible to eat my first meal. Today I made it until 4PM I hope I can get in a groove until waiting at least that long or maybe even later.

Hope you are having a good day!!

Beth
Doggygirl is offline   Reply With Quote