Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 10:37 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Healing Day

SlowSure, thank you for alerting me to this thread, and thank you for starting it.

I have been so inspired by all the posts here! I couldn't be more delighted that my "Healing Day" rather than down day approach is something that others can relate to. It has made a great difference in my attitude this time. I'm healing not starving! I'm not deprived, I'm regaining my health.

I'm a major league switcher/healer. JUDDD has been the best WOE for me in the past and is now my present and future WOE. The healing aspects of JUDDD are what kept me going for over a year. Lower BP, lower BG, less arthritis pain, asthma flare ups, and digestive issues. Not to mention better self esteem. I've been on all the diets, most of us have. I can no longer sustain pure LC, I end up gaining. I gave up wheat this year and that has helped a lot. I love the way JUDDD makes me feel, like I have control over my health.

Like some of you I'm a s-l-o-w loser. I know that I will lose with JUDDD, albeit slowly, it will happen. I'm post menopause. I have a cyst on my thyroid but no blood work in that area yet. I try to eat good healthy food on either day.

I'm thrilled with a thread that addresses the healthy, good feeling aspects of JUDDD, not just the weight loss.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad you've (re)joined us here Blonde! And I really do love the Healing Day mindset. I used it on myself yesterday and felt great through one of my lowest calorie DDs ever (291). The health benefits are one reason I don't want to ever give up IF even when I've reached goal. I want to keep those little SIRTs running around doing their thing forever!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Thanks for posting this! I am doing 4:3 and leaving room for 5:2 as well. I think the term healing days are really good, and it motivates me to stick with it. I have a couple of health issues at the moment and I think years of yo yo dieting definitely means I need healing!

I'm doing a healing day today BTW....
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Glad you've (re)joined us here Blonde! And I really do love the Healing Day mindset. I used it on myself yesterday and felt great through one of my lowest calorie DDs ever (291). The health benefits are one reason I don't want to ever give up IF even when I've reached goal. I want to keep those little SIRTs running around doing their thing forever!
Thanks LCG! That is a wonderful healing day! Me too, I love the mindset of healing. It turns the deprivation into something positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
Thanks for posting this! I am doing 4:3 and leaving room for 5:2 as well. I think the term healing days are really good, and it motivates me to stick with it. I have a couple of health issues at the moment and I think years of yo yo dieting definitely means I need healing!

I'm doing a healing day today BTW....
Awesome! One of the great benefits of JUDDD is being able to turn the yo-yo mechanism off. People that are maintaining on JUDDD need only get back a day or two of healing to remove any unwanted pounds that might creep back on. Nips it right in the bud.

Healing day for me today. I'm taking the grand girls to lunch so I will more than likely have one meal today, at lunch. I don't like to do it that way normally but it will help me stay motivated to stick to my allotted calories. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Healing Today

Hey, good morning! Happy Monday!

I had a rough weekend, how about you? I'm going to try rotating M-W-F and keep one of my weekend days a medium day. It's taking me a bit longer to get into the rotations than last time, but I'm pushing through it. I am determined.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
I started JUDDD back in December because I had read about the benefits of IF. I began with a combination of JUDDD, 16/8, and LC. I didn't really need to lose any weight since I was maintaining between 125-128, but thought it might help keep me closer to 125.

In just a few days I noticed that I was feeling really high, almost manic, so my husband suggested maybe I cut back on my anti-depressant. I started taking a dose every other day, and after about a month, I went to every third day. I only stayed with JUDDD two weeks because I couldn't stand being hungry and stuck with LC instead. When I told my doctor that I had cut back on my anti-depressant, he suggested I just go off it altogether. In two weeks I was feeling depressed again. I remembered the initial high I had felt in December and went back in my journals to see what I was doing then and it was JUDDD, so I restarted April 29th and the high returned right away.

That makes me a healer. I love not having to take the anti-depressant and will stick with this from now on.

Interestingly, there was a study that discovered an anti-depressant effect of the body's hunger response to ghrelin. However, when the appetite was suppressed, despite the presence of ghrelin, there was no anti-depressant effect. This makes me very happy now to welcome the hunger I feel on DDs because I know that's what's keeping me off the anti-depressant. (I don't use anything that suppresses the hunger.) The more DDs for me, the merrier!

Incidentally, maintenance has been a breeze and a complete pleasure, and I can have all the carbs I want!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolina~what a fabulous testament to JUDDD! I'm so happy for you. Many of us are looking forward to getting off some medications. This is huge!