Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Hi Juddd Buddds! I'm Still Here..alive and Fasting!

Just wanted to say Hi to all my juddd buddds, old and new!

I reached goal with Juddd in august 2011, and havent been here as much as I used too, but still kept on Judding..and popping in every so often to see what you all were up too. There is just no forum so wonderful and supportive as this one..it is really something special!

I just answered a question from carolinacoast as to how I was doing on the MUddd thread, and I thought I would repost it here, for anyone who remembers me

"Yes, I am still in maintenance...I weigh every friday, and as of last friday I was 134lbs.

I did juddd for my weightloss, and for most of my maintainance, then did a month or two of 5:2, but was starting to feel a little depressed on DD mornings..and found I was eating a bit much on UD evenings, in preperation for my DD.

I was still maintaining, but didn't feel my behavour was healthy, and my depression was not good for me, or DH!
I tried muddding, which is very similar to Eat Stop Eat...fasting from say 4pm one day, to 4pm the next.

I kept a diary of my progress, and found I fine on the days I had to wait till 4pm to eat...but on the days I had to STOP eating at 4pm...I was overeating again!
Then one day DH and I had a day out planned...and I thought, I will do 16/8 today, as I knew with getting ready, travelling etc, I wouldn't have time to do my days eating by 4pm....and that DH would be wanting a nice dinner out too!

And I loved it! My window was 3-11pm, and it was a breeze. After judding, the hunger was no problem, the day flew by, and I didnt end up eating till after 4 anyway...so ended up with a 7 eating hour window.

I have always been a delayed gratification type of girl...and have always ate the majority of my food later on in the day, so waiting to eat really suits me fine.
Food tastes so much better after a 16-17 hour fast, and you just cant eat as much in the shorter window as you can over the day.

I am much less depressed too...each day I know I will get something nice to eat later, so no feeling deprived on a DD...or going mad on an UD.

I have been doing 16/8 for 2 weeks now, and my weight is holding steady...I have just introduced a morning bulletproof coffee into my routine, and I am watching with interest to see if I can keep maintaining with it in my diet...it makes fasting a doddle...fills you up, but had no effect on insulin levels.

For some reason, the extra fat in my diet is really reducing the amount of crap I want to eat too!

I love playing with numbers, and from my calculations, I am fasting only a few hours less on a weekly basis than I did on Juddd, and I would say I am eating a bit less food, as I could really eat my fill on those UUAA days!

I am planning to buy the 8 hour diet book, as I love to read, and I am really hoping I can hold my weight steady with this woe, as it makes me feel calm and content.

Although my routine has changed, I dont think I could ever give up fasting..it really is a part of me now, a way of life...and a brilliant way to maintain your weight without being deprived."

hugs

Jo

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Jo! I was just thinking about you. I'm glad you're doing well. I'm playing with the idea of 16/8 or similar for my next phase of maintenance. I maintained from January until just a few weeks ago with 5:2, then with just daily calorie counting at TDEE - 15%. I'm always playing with the numbers. I just decided to lose a few more pounds, and then will look at all the options again. Great to see you.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #3

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Hi Jo! I'm really glad to hear that you are maintaining so well, and that you've found 16/8 to be working. I'm just like you, being a delayed gratification girl. I too save most of my calories for later in the day, both UD and DD, so your post makes me think that could work for me once I get to maintenance too, if I decide I need a break from EOD.

Thanks so much for popping in to see us! I would love to hear from you no matter how often you want to visit. You have a lot of good stuff to share with us, as I remember.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Hi Jo! That plan sounds great for you. I was thinking of fast 5 for every day, but I will probably eat more than I should on some of those days since I pretty much fast 5 now with 2 DDs. I'm going back to 4:3 since I want to get down to 115.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Hi there, lovely to see you! I have read many of your earlier posts and was just reading your "goal" post earlier today, in fact! Awesome that you have found something else that works great for maintenance. I find that I am rarely hungry before 2-3pm so your plan sounds fabulous to me. So happy to hear that YOU are so happy and maintaining so well still! Please pop in when you can! Love to hear from those that have paved the way and are happily maintaining today!!! Hope to be there soon myself.
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
Hey Jo !
I am thinking of coming back to JUDDD... It would be good to see you stop in!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: CarolinaCoast
Stats: 155/124.2/122-125
WOE: Chronic Experimenter
Hi Joedi! Great to hear from you! Love to hear your success story. Thanks for sharing what works. It's very encouraging!
CarolinaCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:05 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
Hi Jo! Glad to hear from you. I am so happy that maintenance is working great for you.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Jo - like Melinda, I've never 'met' you but have seen your posts about the boards. I especially noticed them because of the UK, of course.

It's good to read that you're experimenting with a schedule that brings you peace of mind that can be preserved throughout the days.

also to Low Carb Librarian - lovely to see you here. Been wondering how you are.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Joedi, thanks for your post! I've seen earlier posts from you. You can only imagine how motivating it is for our JB's to drop in and share their successes with us! Please pop in regularly. Your AVI is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Low Carb Librarian, we're happy to see you back! C'mon in..the water is fine!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #11

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/187/164 5'8"
Finding what works for YOU is great. I love reading about the varying ways people lose with "JUDDD" and also with the maintenance part. Thanks for sharing.
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote