Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Okay, I'm gonna do it (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/806488-okay-im-gonna-do.html)

tandc90 06-20-2013 08:44 AM

Okay, I'm gonna do it

I tried JUDD a few months ago and gave up almost immediately, so this time I'm doing either 5:2 or even 6:1. At 5' 3" and 224 lbs I have a lot of weight to lose so I think even 6:1 will create some loss.

I've lost and regained so much weight over the years :annoyed: and frankly I'm tired of all the suffering for nothing so I'm taking this slowly. If I lose slowly on 6:1 but still lose that's fine. I may switch back and forth between 5:2 and 6:1. Whatever. I just want this to be a forever thing rather than history repeating itself and I think limiting my suffering is the key to that.

Today is my first DD at 500 c. Please wish me luck!:)

SlowSure 06-20-2013 08:49 AM

In that case, :hiya: tandc90 and Good Luck on your first DD.

Once you're accustomed to a DD, who knows what you'll do or what you'll feel capable of - very best wishes. :)

Goner 06-20-2013 08:49 AM

Good Luck on your first DD. I hope you find what works for you. I'm new to JUDDD (since May 1), so I have to ask. If you don't do induction for two weeks, do you get the benefits from SIRT1? Or does 5:2 or 6:1 just mean a reduced calorie diet and not JUDDD? At any rate, slow is good - anything DOWN is good in my book!

KeirasMom 06-20-2013 08:52 AM

:welcome: back. I agree that once you get a few DDs under your belt, so to speak, you may find they're not as grueling as you once thought, and may be able to do 5:2 with ease, or even 4:3 or JUDDD. It's all about finding what will work for you, keep you satisfied, and make this doable long term. I'm interested to see how you do. Good luck!

Flutter 06-20-2013 09:29 AM

Yes, whatever you can do without feeling too much deprivation & resentment is key!!!

Remember, DDs do get easier!!!

Welcome and you can do it!!! :heart:

Doggygirl 06-20-2013 09:31 AM

Hi there! I'm brand new to JUDDD and "down days" so have no suggestions there, but I just wanted to welcome you and say that I feel your frustration about losing and gaining multiple times, and just being so tired of that roller coaster! I too am searching for a way to make peace with food and achieve a healthy body weight and lifestyle. This is such a supportive group I have hope this is "the one."

Good luck to you! My first down day was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be and I hope yours goes that way too.

Beth

tandc90 06-20-2013 11:10 AM

Thanks everyone. I looked for some forums specific to 5:2/6:1 but none are as active as this one and all (that I saw) are in the UK. I don't feel like figuring out mL and kg and stones and all that, lol.

It's now 1 p.m. and so far so good but then I hardly get hungry during these hours. I'm dreading the afternoon, which is my snacky time. I'm currently drinking Lipton chicken noodle soup for 50 calories per serving. Mmmm.

You know, I hadn't thought ahead far enough to think I may eventually work into full blown EOD. That's encouraging!

LoCarbGal 06-20-2013 11:33 AM

:welcome: tandc90! The DDs are quite scary when you're first starting, but for me, the actuality was never as bad or uncomfortable as I imagined it would be. And it most certainly does get easier as you go along. Once you're humming along, you'll have a bad/hungry/hard one out of the blue, but usually the next one is just fine again.

Good luck with whatever variation you try. And yes, you may actually find you want to do it EOD for the faster results. Just see what works for you. And good luck!

zipp2play 06-20-2013 12:04 PM

You may be surprised at how easily you transition into this. Good luck with however you choose to follow it!

FairyWren 06-20-2013 12:27 PM

:welcome: tandc90 wishing you good luck with your first DD, as everyone says, they are no so bad when you get used to them :)

tandc90 06-20-2013 01:59 PM

Thank you all!

Just had another cup of soup with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge melted in it, which made it extra creamy.

Aside from a headache I feel decent, and I definitely don't feel sluggish and tired like I normally do (I'm a big carb eater normally).

pooticus 06-20-2013 03:00 PM

welcome back! you can do it!

Librarygirl 06-20-2013 04:15 PM

Welcome back!! I think higher DDs might make it easier to do more of them in a week. Consider doing 800-900 DDs to get into the spirit again, and maybe you can handle it a little easier. Just a thought, and good luck to you!

tandc90 06-21-2013 08:43 AM

Thanks Pooticus and LibraryGirl.

LibraryGirl, I'll keep that higher DD count in mind. I hadn't thought of that at all. Well, yesterday I thought of it a couple of times, lol, but not in the way you're talking about.

First DD went fine. I kept myself going several times by reminding myself it's just a single day. Can't believe what a huge psychological help that is!

Flutter 06-21-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tandc90 (Post 16480693)
Thanks Pooticus and LibraryGirl.

LibraryGirl, I'll keep that higher DD count in mind. I hadn't thought of that at all. Well, yesterday I thought of it a couple of times, lol, but not in the way you're talking about.

First DD went fine. I kept myself going several times by reminding myself it's just a single day. Can't believe what a huge psychological help that is!

Yep, it really helps! Plus, you can eat whatever you choose on those UDs. :heart: I'm glad your DD went well!!