Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Wednesday - Let's get it done! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/806408-dd-wednesday-lets-get-done.html)

Kissa 06-19-2013 07:53 AM

DD Wednesday - Let's get it done!
 
Did a Zumba class this morning.

B -
L - at 2.30 can of tuna with green onions and some LF mayo. I don't usually use LF dressings. But felt the need.

Hoping to go with tea and coffee for the rest of the day.

Scarlett46 06-19-2013 07:58 AM

I've got coffee & celery (with a little bit of ranch dresing) at work. Probably hold off on the celery until around 2:30.

Not much food in the house yet after vacation, but my easy peasy typical dinner from the freezer: chicken & veggies. Might cook both on the grill if it's nice out!

Flutter 06-19-2013 08:41 AM

<waving> Hey guys!! :heart:

Not sure, but probably my usual. (coffee w/ sf creamer all morning, then fast the rest of the day) If I really feel the need, I'll get a skinny frapp this afternoon. It's nice to have options!

Have a great day girls!

MintQ8 06-19-2013 09:14 AM

Very full today!

B nothing
L 2x Linda Macartney veggie burgers, mountain wheat bread, pickled onions, gherkins & 1/2 tbsp of salsa 211 cals
D hot & sour soup with 200g of fish balls 292 cals
S cup of tea 18 cals

Yes I'm over but I've eaten so well today it's amazing! Too much salt for eating often but amazingly filling.

Librarygirl 06-19-2013 09:56 AM

I am doing a MD, or trying yet again lol. I have a meeting in town during my lunch hour, so that will help, plus there's a coffee shop right beside where I'll be meeting! Ha, hope to get a HWC coffee to tide me through the afternoon.

B-coffee - 90
crackers - 200
turkey w/LC-85

at 375, and hopefully will get 150 cals of coffee in town. Plan on 1100-1200 total today. Wish me luck JBs! MDs are difficult for me. ;)

ohcmb 06-19-2013 10:10 AM

Checking in for a HWC DD for me!

Possible snack this evening but this HWC thing really has helped me get through the daytime so far!

AndyBFK 06-19-2013 10:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Ugh, well after a total UUAD yesterday, I feel gross, bloated, full and just plain yucky today. I didn't mean to have a UUAD. I woke up starving (I really need to examine this, I ate all my calories the day before, but I have woken up hungry on several DD's & UDs lately, and I have never, ever, ever in my life been a breakfast eater), then had a client lunch, traveled in the afternoon, room service dinner (from a limited menu). It just wasn't good choices.

So anyways, I'm jumping on this HWC bandwagon now too. :) Actually, I really just want to fast all day today which I think I can do. But, if the HWC helps me, then it's all the better! So for today

B: Coffee with powder creamer (not HWC on the room service menu)
L: Starbucks HWC
D: Starbucks HWC
S: Decaf Earl Grey HWC

I can do it!!!

Cienna 06-19-2013 10:32 AM

Going to try posting on DDs again to keep myself more on track.

B - coffee w a splash of almond milk - 20

L - DD Mac & Cheese - 170

D - spicy tuna roll - 300

Total - 490 cals.

desertgirl 06-19-2013 10:55 AM

I did THREE UDs in a row (for no good reason other than stress :( ) and I need a good DD.

Going to try to do a HWC/coffee only day - and, man, I need it.

At the same time..... I am the exact same weight I've been for the last couple of weeks - I go up and down with DDs and UDs, but haven't dropped below this weight in several weeks. So, at least I haven't gained (yet).

deedee 06-19-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Possible snack this evening but this HWC thing really has helped me get through the daytime so far!
Same here! I think knowing I can't start picking at my usual low-calorie snacks (sf jello, gluc pudding, etc) helps a lot. Might do a HWC-diet cola float later today though.

ohcmb 06-19-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16477487)
Same here! I think knowing I can't start picking at my usual low-calorie snacks (sf jello, gluc pudding, etc) helps a lot. Might do a HWC-diet cola float later today though.


I don't know if I can bring myself to try that! I never have liked cream sodas or ice cream floats or any of that anyway though. I would like to have an alternative to coffee though so I am not drinking multiple cups of coffee a day.

I am going to try it in my tea I think. I gave up coffee in January and until about a month ago hadn't had one cup in months. And now with this I am drinking it daily. I don't mind having it but I really like my tea and its easier and quicker. So maybe a coffee in the morning and a tea in the afternoon.

I think something about the beverage being hot also adds to the satiety for me at least.

CarolinaCoast 06-19-2013 11:22 AM

B-HWC coffee
L-2 eggs fried with nonstick spray, baby carrots, pickle
D-2 eggs fried with nonstick spray

Goner 06-19-2013 11:25 AM

b/ coffee w/hnh, 2 bacon
l/broth and V8
d/ cabbage salad w/sausage

deedee 06-19-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

I don't know if I can bring myself to try that! I never have liked cream sodas or ice cream floats or any of that anyway though. I would like to have an alternative to coffee though so I am not drinking multiple cups of coffee a day.

I am going to try it in my tea I think. I gave up coffee in January and until about a month ago hadn't had one cup in months. And now with this I am drinking it daily. I don't mind having it but I really like my tea and its easier and quicker. So maybe a coffee in the morning and a tea in the afternoon.

I think something about the beverage being hot also adds to the satiety for me at least.
Have you ever had a vanilla coke? I tend to get a plain diet cola (I like Zevia) and add some vanilla sf syrup and then a bit of HWC. It's such a delicious treat, but if you're not a cola fan it might not be good.

HWC in tea is yummy too though! And I mix it up and have it in both iced and hot coffee. I've had creamy iced tea beverages before, I wonder if there is a way to make something like that. It's nice to have options!

vanilla_latte 06-19-2013 01:34 PM

B: Coffee w/1T HWC
L: Coffee w/1T HWC
S: YoCheese Pudding, which I'm yummily partaking of now. :yummy: :D
D: Small BLT salad w/homemade honey mustard dressing

tobelowcarber 06-19-2013 01:39 PM

B: 1 tsp CO
L: 2 HB eggs, cucumber, steamed asparagus
D: same as lunch

340 cal

Kissa 06-19-2013 01:43 PM

Just had a 50 Cal Cup of Soup.

Under 300 today. Wasn't hungry but felt out of sorts. Better now.

LoCarbGal 06-19-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MintQ8 (Post 16477257)
Very full today!

B nothing
L 2x Linda Macartney veggie burgers, mountain wheat bread, pickled onions, gherkins & 1/2 tbsp of salsa 211 cals
D hot & sour soup with 200g of fish balls 292 cals
S cup of tea 18 cals

Yes I'm over but I've eaten so well today it's amazing! Too much salt for eating often but amazingly filling.

Wonderful that you're feeling so satisfied!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16477343)
I am doing a MD, or trying yet again lol. I have a meeting in town during my lunch hour, so that will help, plus there's a coffee shop right beside where I'll be meeting! Ha, hope to get a HWC coffee to tide me through the afternoon.

B-coffee - 90
crackers - 200
turkey w/LC-85

at 375, and hopefully will get 150 cals of coffee in town. Plan on 1100-1200 total today. Wish me luck JBs! MDs are difficult for me. ;)

Good luck Cindy! I don't like/do well with MDs either. Not sure why. I just loathe them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissa (Post 16477776)
Just had a 50 Cal Cup of Soup.

Under 300 today. Wasn't hungry but felt out of sorts. Better now.

Glad your day got better Cindy!


I'm so glad so many of you are trying the HWC trick. I just love it so much. I agree that the hot beverage helps with satiety for me. But sometimes I have iced coffee or tea with HWC. I still haven't tried the root beer or soda, but I'm going to soon. Yesterday after my 2nd huge mug at about 2:30 I couldn't stomach any more coffee, and wound up having a couple of ounces of cream cheese for dinner. Same difference?

Librarygirl 06-19-2013 05:26 PM

I hate the MD! What a waste lol. I have done it though, my friends. At least so far. Frickin starving all day, not wanting to eat so I could at least have 500 calories tonight (I have a little over 600). To make it infinitely worse, at my meeting with Friends Group today, a lady brought in a bowl of Thai food and sat right beside me. I had chewing gum for lunch. :D Anyway, it was thoughts of you guys that helped me through!

pinacoladas 06-19-2013 05:31 PM

B - small cup coffee with minimal hwc
L - arugula/spinach mix with slivered red onion, sunflower seeds and garlicy greek dressing
D - will be very late ~1030ish due to a late floor hockey game. Will be a portion of slow-cooked whole chicken with salt and pepper
S - Club soda with Margarita Crystal Light for afternoon pick-me-up
I justified a piece of home made grain free LC banana bread because I didn't want it to go bad. :yummy: Still within calories so not to worry!
If anyone is like me and prefers to eat their calories in the evening, the salads for lunch are really helping! You feel satisfied but light after eating too. :)

Librarygirl 06-19-2013 05:46 PM

pina, share your salad dressing recipe or brand, please? :)

Carly 06-19-2013 05:47 PM

6:30am- coffee with SF creamer= 30
8am- coffee with SF creamer (only had half the cup)= 15

It's 7:45pm. I should make some cucumber salad for later, but I'm tired. OK, I'm getting up to make it...

pinacoladas 06-19-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16478104)
pina, share your salad dressing recipe or brand, please? :)

I don't make it myself... I've tried, but it's just not the same :) I recommend going to an authentic greek restaurant and asking to purchase a small container of their house dressing. Mine is from a family restaurant called Philo's in Ontario. It's creamy and garlicy and oily and definitely not low cal, so measuring it out is key! The restaurant should have the calorie info as well. Also, there are lots of recipes for homemade garlic greek salad dressing, however I found it to be a long, messy process that never is quite as good as the real stuff. IMO, the salad dressing quality is SO important in getting me to eat my salads regularly. HTH :shake:
I only paid 5$ CAD for a container the size of a large container of greek yoghurt

Carly 06-19-2013 06:59 PM

Also the ranch dressing from Buffalo Wild Wings is awesome! I put a tsp in my walden farms bacon ranch dip for my celery.

Kissa 06-20-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinacoladas (Post 16478071)
B - small cup coffee with minimal hwc
L - arugula/spinach mix with slivered red onion, sunflower seeds and garlicy greek dressing
D - will be very late ~1030ish due to a late floor hockey game. Will be a portion of slow-cooked whole chicken with salt and pepper
S - Club soda with Margarita Crystal Light for afternoon pick-me-up
I justified a piece of home made grain free LC banana bread because I didn't want it to go bad. :yummy: Still within calories so not to worry!
If anyone is like me and prefers to eat their calories in the evening, the salads for lunch are really helping! You feel satisfied but light after eating too. :)

Now you have my attention Pinacolada! Oh how I wish this was available in the UK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16478060)
I hate the MD! What a waste lol. I have done it though, my friends. At least so far. Frickin starving all day, not wanting to eat so I could at least have 500 calories tonight (I have a little over 600). To make it infinitely worse, at my meeting with Friends Group today, a lady brought in a bowl of Thai food and sat right beside me. I had chewing gum for lunch. :D Anyway, it was thoughts of you guys that helped me through!

Poor you Cindy that really does sound like a grim MD. But you did it.:clap::clap::clap:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 AM.