Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday: menu and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/805876-ud-tuesday-menu-plans.html)

SlowSure 06-10-2013 10:41 PM

UD Tuesday: menu and plans
 
It's day 2 of bed rest with as many bruised and swollen bits elevated and iced as is practical.

B coffee with MCT oil and lecithin: 158kcals

L seaweed crackers with 2 Dairylea wedges: 250kcals.

D braised goat shank (140kcals) with steamed cabbage, braised peas and mushrooms (150kcals).

558kcals which is 1000kcals light. I could have an MCT boosted cocoa for approx 230kcals and supplement potato starch for an additional 160kcals. It's a nuisance having a disrupted routine. Plus, a house full of food and I have no way of getting downstairs until some of the swelling decreases. :)

FairyWren 06-11-2013 03:29 AM

Take care and have a good restful day SS!

B: Black coffee
L: Omelette then fruit and yoghurt
D: Eating out tonight :) Will probably go for steak.... maybe.... will have to see, it's a restaurant i haven't visited before so i'll see what they've got - perhaps some local seafood...

Total = somewhere around 1700 to 1800 hopefully

FairyWren 06-11-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 16465060)

D braised goat shank (140kcals) with steamed cabbage, braised peas and mushrooms (150kcals)

Mmm, yum, your dinner sounds interesting!

Silverrain 06-11-2013 04:29 AM

Hello, all!! I slept better last night, though I am still hacking away. Let's hope today is better than yesterday, eh? SS, I hope your injuries heal quickly. Keep resting and icing, and you'll be back out on the water soon enough!

B: Cappuccino, light string cheese, and a granola bar. (370 cals)
L: Applesauce, more string cheese, and some cherries. (220 cals)
D: Two slices of pizza. (560 cals)

I will have to eat more today. I'll likely add a salad to my dinner. Have some lettuce and tomato to use up before they go bad.

Librarygirl 06-11-2013 04:40 AM

I need to change my rotations for next Thursday, which is a DD, because we are going out to eat with my boss for her "last" meal with us before she retires. It's stag, so I'll be paying for my own...could possibly make it my one meal of the day. Idk, but I want to lose more before I change things, IYKWIM.

B-coffee - 300

L-Lean Cuisine....no concrete plans for the day, but will stick to cals, maybe even 1700.

zipp2play 06-11-2013 05:07 AM

Slow - feel better!

Evie - enjoy your dinner out!

Jen - glad you are starting to improve.

Cindy - your UP DAY is wide open!

Not sure what is up with me. Feel really achy and tired all the time. I was in bed last night at 7:00 p.m. Like I have a fever but I don't. Not sure. Virus or something.

B - 2 eggs, toast 315c
L - chicken and salad 350c
S - PB Cup 200c
D - leftovers. We are cleaning up the fridge! ;)

Silverrain 06-11-2013 05:10 AM

Oh no, Monica!! Something is definitely going around. I know a lot of other sick people. I have to say, give me a virus in the middle of winter - not when the weather is starting to improve! I hope you are feeling better soon. :)

Sirtain 06-11-2013 05:43 AM

Bed rest! It sounds like it should be so nice, but it's really the pits. Hope you are healing quickly. Hang in there.

My plans for the day are leftover zucchini and eggplant strata for breakfast, sashimi with my son for lunch, tacos for dinner, and a vegetable smoothie sometime in there.

KeirasMom 06-11-2013 06:09 AM

:hugs: to all this morning. Goodness I hope everyone heals and feels better soon!

B: Everything bagel with cream cheese, coffee, iced tea
L: Banh Mi
D: Rotisserie chicken with horseradish mustard, quinoa with butter and myzithra, a veggie of some sort.

SlowSure 06-11-2013 06:22 AM

Maybe we should put a Red Cross sticker on this thread. :)

Good to see you had a more restful night, Jen but sorry to read that the hacking cough is still with you. Would the steam of a hot bath make it unbearable or soothe you?

I hope whatever it is proves to be transient, Monica.

deedee 06-11-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Maybe we should put a Red Cross sticker on this thread.
Seriously! I hope everyone feels better and has a very healing day.

B- coffee with HWC and sf creamer X 2 (200 calories)
L- Trader Joes Chicken Parm sticks (225 calories), Special K Protein Plus w unsweetened almond milk (190): total 415 calories
D- homemade chicken parm with mung bean fettucine: 800 calories

Leaves 550 calories for dessert or other things.

LoCarbGal 06-11-2013 07:16 AM

SlowSure, I just hate that you're suffering so much. Take care of yourself please!

Jen and Monica, you also take care and get to feeling better.

B: Coffee/HWC, maybe some eggs?
L: Leftover tilapia
D: Beef and broccoli stir-fry

You know what I've been craving? A DQ Smore's blizzard. I vaguely remember seeing a commercial for them, but what has really been getting me is that I drive by a DQ near my house every day, and yesterday I was stopped at the light right there and saw their whole window promo, and WANTED ONE! I told myself I could have one on an UD soon. Could this be the day?

LivinTheDream 06-11-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16465464)
You know what I've been craving? A DQ Smore's blizzard. I vaguely remember seeing a commercial for them, but what has really been getting me is that I drive by a DQ near my house every day, and yesterday I was stopped at the light right there and saw their whole window promo, and WANTED ONE! I told myself I could have one on an UD soon. Could this be the day?

LCG - Me too! I've been seeing those commercials and drooling over them for a while now... today is a MD for me though so it will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow?

Demonica 06-11-2013 07:45 AM

B- sausage, eggs, coffee with HWC
L- shredded chicken with mayo, mustard and relish, almonds
D- Turkey burger, broccoli with butter, chocolate almond milk

total= 1715

Librarygirl 06-11-2013 09:56 AM

I need to stop thinking of UDs as free-for-alls. My UD calories are seeming more and more restrictive these days... 2 cups of coffee like I really like it (300), 1 pepsi mixed with diet pepsi (140), a few spoonfuls of full-fat ice cream (250), Lean Cuisine (240), 1 piece of toast w/spray butter (100), a few more spoonfuls of ice cream (200).

I know my choices were not the best. However, I am at home and it's a bit harder to eat "right" when there's "bad" choices available. (note to self: no more high calorie ice cream from the grocery store) I have less than 600 calories left today, and my UD feels like a diet...

I can't believe I was so incredulous about people confessing eating 3000-4000 calories sometimes when I first started JUDDD. How easy that would be to do!!! :D

deedee 06-11-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

I can't believe I was so incredulous about people confessing eating 3000-4000 calories sometimes when I first started JUDDD. How easy that would be to do!!
I could easily do that every single UD. I could probably eat an EXTRA 3000-4000 calories above my allotted calories every UD. Free For All UD's are so much fun sometimes though! I like the idea of allowing myself one a week, to mentally kick my butt into gear the other 2 UD's of the week.

Librarygirl 06-11-2013 10:55 AM

That's a good idea, dee. It might make counting religiously every other UD easier. :)

ETA: I forgot about that spoonful of cashew butter.

LivinTheDream 06-11-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinTheDream (Post 16465492)
LCG - Me too! I've been seeing those commercials and drooling over them for a while now... today is a MD for me though so it will have to wait. Maybe tomorrow?

Holy crap! I just looked these Blizzards up on the Dairy Queen website and the mini size has 420 calories. OMG. Now I'm not sure it's worth it... :p

zipp2play 06-11-2013 10:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words. What's crazy is I'm not FULL BLOW sick. Just really achy and severely tired. I mean, I slept a long time last night and when I woke, I felt I could sleep more! Oh well, I'm sure it will pass!

DQ blizzards, used to be a MAJOR fave of mine. Oreo specifically, since I was diagnosed Celiac, they just haven't been the same. ENJOY Them though girls!

Librarygirl 06-11-2013 11:05 AM

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Monica!!:hugs:

Speaking of (more) ice cream, I've been wanting to try the Banana Pudding milkshake at Zaxby's. I looked at their site and a small is 530 calories. :eek: One meal there and a shake would be my total daily UD allotment, if not over.

LoCarbGal 06-11-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinTheDream (Post 16465884)
Holy crap! I just looked these Blizzards up on the Dairy Queen website and the mini size has 420 calories. OMG. Now I'm not sure it's worth it... :p

I know! I'm going to have to wait until an UD with a lower calorie dinner to work it in. But I think I will at least once!

MrsAndi 06-11-2013 12:42 PM

B- pancake w/ butter, coffee with ff creamer and 1 tbsp of sugar
L- chick fila sandwich with fruit cup
D-???

I'll end up around 1700 cals by the end of tonight

Flossyliz 06-11-2013 12:44 PM

:console: Slow, Monica and Jen, I hope you're soon feeling MUCH better! :love:

Enjoy your blizzards everyone else :)


Lunch: 2 scrambed eggs with mushrooms on zucchini pasta with pesto - 235 cals
Snack: 1 sesame Ryvita with cheddar and cherry tomatoes - 130 cals
Dinner: Steamed Caulifllower and calabrese with peanut butter tomato sauce and black beans - 535 cals (if I can eat it all - there's LOADS!)
Chocolate - 150 cals
Teas - 145 cals

Total so far = 1185 cals.

Help!! I've to consume another 300cals - and I'm off alcohol for now!

pinacoladas 06-11-2013 05:31 PM

B - two cups coffee w HWC and sf vanilla syrup
L- chili lime peanuts, one square of dark chocolate and ff yogurt with mio, blob of ff cool whip
D- shredded chicken with cheese sauce
Probably under cals today but had two gin and tonics on dd yesterday!

LoCarbGal 06-11-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16465464)
SlowSure, I just hate that you're suffering so much. Take care of yourself please!

Jen and Monica, you also take care and get to feeling better.

B: Coffee/HWC, maybe some eggs?
L: Leftover tilapia
D: Beef and broccoli stir-fry

You know what I've been craving? A DQ Smore's blizzard. I vaguely remember seeing a commercial for them, but what has really been getting me is that I drive by a DQ near my house every day, and yesterday I was stopped at the light right there and saw their whole window promo, and WANTED ONE! I told myself I could have one on an UD soon. Could this be the day?

No Blizzard for me today. Finishing out my calories with 2 oz PB right now. One of my favorite calorie fillers. :yummy:

SlowSure 06-11-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flossyliz (Post 16466090)
Help!! I've to consume another 300cals - and I'm off alcohol for now!

The things this board has introduced me to. :) I take MCT oil in coffee/tea/cocoa (2 of those in a day as I'm working on increasing it) and unmodified potato starch x4tbsp on UD (for its Resistant Starch and beneficial fermentation in the lower GI tract). On the one hand, both feel like a stunning waste of calories, however, they are pretty much tasteless and the starch is thought to promote excellent gut health. (Oil is 126kcals per tbsp and starch is 40kcals per tbsp.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16466748)
No Blizzard for me today. Finishing out my calories with 2 oz PB right now. One of my favorite calorie fillers. :yummy:

Another day? Or would the Blizzards need to come with a guaranteed day trip to Nirvana for that calorie cost?

SlowSure 06-11-2013 11:38 PM

We had some good news yesterday so, in addition to the 2xTbsp of potato starch last night (80kcals), I had a Sesame Snap (150kcals), 2 chocolate almonds and a small cup of iced banana pudding (180kcals) and 1 Mento with 5 Tic Tacs (25kcals).

LiLi914 06-12-2013 05:47 AM

Yesterday was a crappy day and I was never so excited to be able to eat ice cream without the guilt.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.