Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #31
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Zipp! What an encouragement!

And what a great report of your accomplishments so happy you went!!!! Yay on the new clothes and complement from hubby!
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Never Too Late
Stats: HW 350/JUDDD 265/Goal 118 to 125
WOE: JUDDD, Flexitarian
Start Date: JUDDD 6/24/14
Library Girl, I have always loved your posts. You have great insight and I am so very proud of you for posting a fab photo of yourself. You go, girl!

Pooticus, you touched my heart. You are right, no matter who we are, whatever size or age or station in life, we all suffer and all have a cross to bear.

Monica, you are a wonderful example to us. We do need to live our lives to the fullest and we all need other people.

Thanks again to all of you for your thoughtful posts. We have such a supportive and positive group of folks on this forum. I am so grateful to be able to come here on a daily basis and learn something new every day.

"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are." -- Brillat Savarin
Never Too Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Cyn - I wanted to say, I think you have come a long way! You should feel very proud!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
I have to relate and laugh at driving on the freeways in Hawaii! They are awful most of the time...

Congrats on the great day with new friends and new clothes. It can only get better!

Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #35
the condiment queen

Cyyyyyyynnnnnn!!!!!!

Hiya ladies!!!!

Seabreezes, please don't harsh my mellow! You (in Hawaii) are not sposed to have freeways and metal/concrete "things". You are only supposed to have great sand/waves/trees/hula girls/buff surfers/and cheeseburgers (cuz it is paradise, right?)!!!! Then end. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Hi,

I am late in getting into this conversation, but, I am glad to hear you went and had a great time. Sometimes we have to really push ourselves out of our comfort zones, but, when we do it's so worth it!

I am at my absolute heaviest in my life right now by quite a bit. But I am still a social butterfly. I work in sales and I am customer facing every day working with top level executives. I have to constantly create and build new relationships at work. At home, I have a lot of friends, not a core group of close friends, just a lot of friends here and there. Usually, when we meet up with friends, I am also meeting their friends, so I am meeting new people socially all the time too. I am the first to jump on stage at karaoke. I love to be the center of attention, and have no problem drawing attention to myself. And if you knew me in real life you'd think I was probably the most self-confident person you've ever met. At times, I still see myself as the 130lb 18 year old sorority girl that all the boys liked and all the girls wanted to be friends with.

.... That being said, a lot of it is "for show." I guess. I am constantly self-conscious. I used to love to go out to bars and go "out on the town" but lately, more and more I make excuses to have friends over instead. I'm terrified at times to go out to dinner because more than enough I could not fit in a booth or a chair wasn't wide enough for my wide hips. My husband is a really, really good looking, fit guy. I know he loves me and I have no jealousy issues at all (despite many woman that I've known OPENLY flirting with him in front of me), but I get self-conscious that other people are wondering what the heck he is doing with me and I get like that more so when we're around his friends and co-workers. But, I guess, I just keep a lot of that stuff inside. On the outside, I'm the life of the party and love to meet new people. But, I definitely deal with a ton of insecurities.
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #37

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
OH Andy, I am sorry for your struggles! You are worthy of your husband, fit or not! Love is what is there and that is what is needed. I am so glad you have him! You sound like a PERSON I would love to hang out with. We have friends over a LOT, more than ever really, but cost is why. It is much cheaper to have a crew over to eat/drink, also safer!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #38
the condiment queen

Andy! I know your pain! I do that too...I'm chatty cathy when I'm out around people but inside I'm very self-conscious! *sigh*
Old 06-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #39

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I am late here. Firstly, this...........

So today, I managed to conquer my fear of meeting new people, my fear of getting on the freeway, and my aversion to shopping for clothes in a woman's large size shop and having to look in a full size mirror! Yay!

And ... drumroll please ... I stuck to my down day, eating a steak lettuce wrap for 280 calories. And when I got home, hubby complimented me on my new outfit.

.........is truly inspiring. Thank goodness you went Cyn, I am so delighted for you. It is almost as if you had a guardian angel with you.

It is interesting how we all cope isn't it? I am not shy and yet I, too, understand that outer confidence often hides inner doubts.

Andy, your husband is blessed to have you and clearly he knows that too.

Some great posts here. Thanks.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hearthnsoul
Stats: 213/207/150
WOE: Quasi Atkins
Start Date: August 17 2009
I definitely can relate to this. I am inhererently an introvert, my weight certainly does not help that. When I force myself to get out there, I forget my weight interestingly enough once I assess my surroundings. Anyone who knows me, knows that once I am situated I go from being standoff to can we muzzle her? I am chatty and can talk the wall paper off a wall, but it is getting me out there that is the trick. I was like this when I was thin and now that I am fat, so not a big difference. I actually have made myself join things when I thought I was getting a little to into myself and staying home too much and it's never in a small way, if I join a group I tend to make myself step into a position that's not very comfortable for someone who would like to be hidden at home. Or instead of taking a class, I will go and teach one!
hearthnsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Awe, you guys are so awesome!!!!!

Yes, my DH is an AWESOME guy! We've been together 15 years, married 10. He has put up with every crazy diet plan I have ever been on. He's eaten his fair share of pork rind coated fried chicken, WW cabbage soups, protein shakes, and everything in between. I often say he can lose weight just by looking at a diet coke. He has maybe 10 extra lbs that hang around. But, he is so supportive. He's doing JUDDD with me. Full on. He's not so disciplined with counting his calories, but, he probably doesn't even need to eat at the same levels I am. But he does it just to be supportive. Whatever diet I have ever done, he's just jumped on board never saying boo.

Monica, you're right! It is definitely safer, but, it's so true, it's a lot cheaper! We have lots of games around here- darts, corn-hole, poker table, board games, that make it fun. I'd take a ruckus game of Scattagories over the bar scence any day of the week!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds like you have a marvelous DH!!! That is just fabulous that he JUDDDs with you. My bf does not JUDDD, but he knows when it's a DD he has to fend for himself, most of the time.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LayMiz
Stats: 229/209/145; 5'4", 59yo
WOE: 4 #s on LC, rest on JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD Apr. 16, 2012
I am reading The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney right now and making sure my DD reads it too. Makes you feel pretty good about being an introvert!!
LayMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Moderate carb JUDDD
Start Date: February 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayMiz View Post
I am reading The Introvert Advantage by Marti Olsen Laney right now and making sure my DD reads it too. Makes you feel pretty good about being an introvert!!
I have read this too!
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I've added it to my amazon wish list! Thanks for the rec!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote