Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Yet another rotation question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/805731-yet-another-rotation-question.html)

reptogirl 06-08-2013 08:34 AM

Yet another rotation question

Well yesterday was supposed to be a down day, but I had family come in from out of town, it turned into a MD, so I have had UD-MD- so should today be up, down or what?? I have debated both and can make arguments for either one, but I would like the input of the wise experienced juddders :)

Demonica 06-08-2013 08:47 AM

I personally would make today a DD. That's what I do if my rotations get messed up and a DD turns into an MD.:)

Carly 06-08-2013 09:18 AM

I don't have personal experience to draw from on this, but it depends if you want to keep your planned rotations or if you want the plan to change. If you ate enough on your MD you can do a DD, but if you will feel too hungry just make it an UD.

reptogirl 06-08-2013 09:52 AM

Yeah I will try for a down day, I won't be eating til around 5pm regardless, I just wanna get back on track ASAP thanks :)

Whitlin' 06-09-2013 04:54 AM

How did it go, reptogirl? Hope it was no-hassle. I don't know if I am "wise" but I do have a long experience with MDs.

I spent several years going by Dr. Johnson's strategy of an in-between (medium) day on Sunday, if you were doing M,W,F DDs. I lost well for the first few months, then maintained well, too. Then when I read here some opinions that the MD might be better on Saturday (Dr. Johnson also said either Saturday or Sunday or both could be Up Days), so that Sunday would be an excellent refueling day for the next DD, I starting trying that.

Both have served me very well and kept my weekends-to-Monday-s :) successful. I think either one is healthy.

windygap 06-15-2013 09:23 AM

Hi I have been reading a lot of your post and am courious what my up and dd would be. I weight 159 and want to get to 130. 5'2 and am 63 if that helps. I have been watching you and zipp2play and it sounds like it is working but don't know how to figure numbers for both days. Could you tell me what they would be. Thanks in advance. I am just wondering if this would be do able for me. Judy

PS. you sound like you are doing great.

Flutter 06-15-2013 09:36 AM

Windy, I am on my iPad and can't calculate right now. Try googling Johnson's up day down day and scroll down to the online calculator for your numbers. Holler again if you need help and I am sure we can all help!

KeirasMom 06-15-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16471675)
Hi I have been reading a lot of your post and am courious what my up and dd would be. I weight 159 and want to get to 130. 5'2 and am 63 if that helps. I have been watching you and zipp2play and it sounds like it is working but don't know how to figure numbers for both days. Could you tell me what they would be. Thanks in advance. I am just wondering if this would be do able for me. Judy

PS. you sound like you are doing great.

I'm assuming you're female. I get 1612 for your up days and 322 for your down days at the 20% calculation with no exercise.

ETA: Just saw your name is Judy, so I'm thinking female is a fair assumption, lol.

LoCarbGal 06-15-2013 09:39 AM

Yep, I get what Dawn got. And :welcome:

Flutter 06-15-2013 09:40 AM

Yay, there they are!

windygap 06-15-2013 01:31 PM

Thank you so much. I just had eye surgery Tue. and I am trying to do this with one eye. All of you seem to be doing great. Do I understand it right . Every other day aim for those numbers. Also LowCarbGal I have read some of your post. Did you loose all your weight this way? ThankYou to all. And yes I am a 63 year old lady and no I can not do any excerise right now so that was a correct set of numbers for the infow.

windygap 06-15-2013 01:38 PM

Oh my goodness. I just read all your totals. You all have done great. Thanks to all of you for takeing the time to answer. Judy

LoCarbGal 06-16-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16471978)
Thank you so much. I just had eye surgery Tue. and I am trying to do this with one eye. All of you seem to be doing great. Do I understand it right . Every other day aim for those numbers. Also LowCarbGal I have read some of your post. Did you loose all your weight this way? ThankYou to all. And yes I am a 63 year old lady and no I can not do any excerise right now so that was a correct set of numbers for the infow.

Hope you are healing nicely from your surgery, and will be back to normal soon!

I lost my first 54.5 on Atkins, mostly Induction levels, over 7 months. Then so far 62.5 on JUDDD over the past 9.5 months. I was stalling on LC there at the end, probably due to too many calories overall, and too high protein intake (according to the Nutritional Ketosis folks). That's when I stumbled onto JUDDD and gave it a go. Haven't regretted it for one moment! And I haven't really done a whole heckuva lot of exercise through it all.

reptogirl 06-16-2013 06:18 PM

Yeah I did okay....I actually had two MD Friday and Saturday I am back to a down day today, I had a busy weekend and no way to get to store

Windygap-I hope you try juddd, so much freedom!

windygap 06-17-2013 05:23 AM

So sorry I broke in on your thread.

I thought maybe you could help me figure out my numbers so I could see if it was do able to me. These lovely ladies helped me out in the mean time and I decided to go with it and made it thru the first DD. To day is up day and I understand to be carefull and don't go crazy. I am a little worried what to eat since I am comeing off of lc but from everything you and everyone has said I know I will be ok it just takes time. Don't panick if you see the scales go up at first. If lowcarbgal can jump off the low carb ledge and loose that much since I can TOO!

Thanks lowcarbgal for telling me your story. I lost 80lbs on lowcarb back in the early 90's doing Atkins 72. Kept it off for 5 years and then started creeping up do to surgerys and not moveing. Every time I tried to start over. They had a new book out and kept changing the diet. I found 72 and tried to go back on but was not working. I am a lot older now and I hear the more you start over the less it works so I guess that might have had some thing to do with it.

Heres to a new woe. It sounds great. and thanks again for letting me jump in here. Your are doing great girl just keep going and we will both loose all our extra weight.

windygap 06-17-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 16471702)
I'm assuming you're female. I get 1612 for your up days and 322 for your down days at the 20% calculation with no exercise.

ETA: Just saw your name is Judy, so I'm thinking female is a fair assumption, lol.

Hi again. I was reading one of the threads on page2 talking about your numbers from the doctors book. The numbers you gave me is where I am to aim for correct. That 180% thing is confusing me. I am sure I understand you but just asking just incase. I hit 325 yesterday and have 362 to go for today. I just don't want to goof up. I think I still have too much anasetic in my head left over from last week.Thank You for your time and trouble. You are so thoughtful to help me get started.

KeirasMom 06-17-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16474810)
Hi again. I was reading one of the threads on page2 talking about your numbers from the doctors book. The numbers you gave me is where I am to aim for correct. That 180% thing is confusing me. I am sure I understand you but just asking just incase. I hit 325 yesterday and have 362 to go for today. I just don't want to goof up. I think I still have too much anasetic in my head left over from last week.Thank You for your time and trouble. You are so thoughtful to help me get started.

The 180% number isn't relevant to rotations. If I remember correctly, that's what you would have to eat on your UD to negate the low calories on your DD. None of us want that. :laugh:

Just stick to the 1612/322 and I think you'll be really happy with the results. :)

Carly 06-17-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windygap (Post 16474810)

1612 UD and 322 DD. You should try to eat all your UD calories for sure, but you don't have to eat all the DD calories if you don't need/ want them.

windygap 06-18-2013 08:33 AM

Thanks girls that post totally thru me. I am doing fine for 2nd DD I have it totaled to with in 5 cal. So I should be ok. Not going to peak at the scales until July4 or 5th depending on when DD hits. That is the 4th goal I made so I will just keep pluging along as my grandpa use to say. You girls are soooooo sweet to help us get started. This way seems so easy after all the diets I have been on. It is kind of like eating lc and weight watchers at the same time only counting cal. instead of carbs and points.
I really like that chocolate chip cookies and rum and coke zero Idea. Dawn I have not had any of that in a long time. God Bless both of you!