Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Broccoli slaw is a very good "base" for lean meats and low calorie sauces on DDs. You can stir-fry it and it works like noodles! I plan to get another bag today.

Also, Miracle Noodles are available through Netrition for 0 cals, and many JB's love them. I have not tried them and never will, just because of texture issues (and smell).

Last edited by Librarygirl; 06-22-2013 at 08:31 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/183.8/152
WOE: A72
Start Date: This time: 7/23/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Broccoli slaw is a very good "base" for lean meats and low calorie sauces on DDs. You can stir-fry it and it works like noodles! I plan to get another bag today.
Who knew there could be so amazingly many ideas for eating under 500 calories a day?????? JB's are even more creative than WWers are!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
Quote:

Also, Miracle Noodles are available through Netrition for 0 cals, and many JB's love them. I have not tried them and never will, just because of texture issues (and smell).
Never even thought about broccoli slaw! that's an awesome idea. I need to go grocery shopping again asap and pick up veggies and chicken broth.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
hehe, well, the icky germy hands thing helps ME out anyways
That's a really good mind set to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yup ^^^^^
That's why I'm rarely tempted by goodies at work- too many hands
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post
No, FANTASTIC post! How wonderful that you are getting past all this stinkin' thinkin;, so, so great! Yay for you, Tandac90!!
Ditto Tandac! Sometimes we just have to heal ourselves.

Quote:
Hey Beth. Glad you made it through your UD and felt satisfied. Your DD should be easier today because of it! I made the mistake on Thursday of not eating dinner because I felt like I had eaten such a huge lunch...yesterday's DD was not fun. Also, chalk me up as a person with a VERY healthy appetite. If you don't want to be slapped, don't mention not being able to eat on a UD!
Absolutely! How my Up day goes directly reflects on my DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If I only have veggies, I get hungry. If I have a good mix, I'm happy and content. A typical DD menu for me would be:

B: Either just coffee, or a protein shake (5-120 calories)
L: Wendy's chili (small) with habanero hot sauce (180 calories) This is sort of a joke around here, because I literally have this almost EVERY. SINGLE. DD.
D: Sometimes it'll be just Miso soup (25), or cucumbers/tomato/WF dressing (75), or I'll have a small serving of fish and veggies (150). I'm often not that hungry for dinner on a DD, and will either just eat because the family's eating, or I'll skip it.

I've been increasing my DD calories lately, since I'm close to goal, and have been having a shake most morning. Previously, my DDs would be under 250 calories pretty regularly and I'd be perfectly satisfied. Lately, they're around 350 or so, and sometimes feel downright decadent. It's funny what our bodies will become accustomed to over time.
Love the Wendy's Chili idea! It's great that your body is guiding you to maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
It really is interesting the differences in "what works" for everyone. you are right KYSoccermom - it will have to be trial and error - that's becoming really clear.

I used to LOVE Wendy's chilli and I need to see where the nearest Wendy's is to my internship office! That's a great DD idea for when I am at work or out and about.

I find it facinating to read about everyone's experiences and can't wait to see what happens for me.

Beth
Me too! Everyone has something that works well for them and sharing it here is just the BOMB!

Sorry I'm late! I've been away from the computer for a day and boy this thread rockets on....

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Kissa, I've been following you around for quite a while. You are an inspiration. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

It's so good to be back JUDDDing. Part of it is peace of mind. I know what I'm doing every other day. I'm so happy you liked the term "Healing Day", it has made such a difference in how I view the low cal day. I don't feel deprived. When my stomach growls, I'm healing. It's a mind-thing and that's okay because it helps. Does anyone here do 'visualization"? It's something I've just started, again. I did it years ago and sort of fell away from it. TO see yourself thin, in your mind. Thin and happy and doing something fun. This is proven to help the body know where it needs to go, weight wise.

Healing day for me today. I almost always have the same dinner: 210 calories of chicken breast on large green salad, Walden Farms dressing and salsa on top. I look forward to it and it always tastes amazing and satisfying.

Today I had some steamed leftover veggies for breakfast but most of the time I have a boiled egg or two. I'm trying really hard to eat more veggies.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 06-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
It's so good to be back JUDDDing. Part of it is peace of mind. I know what I'm doing every other day. I'm so happy you liked the term "Healing Day", it has made such a difference in how I view the low cal day. I don't feel deprived. When my stomach growls, I'm healing. It's a mind-thing and that's okay because it helps. Does anyone here do 'visualization"? It's something I've just started, again. I did it years ago and sort of fell away from it. TO see yourself thin, in your mind. Thin and happy and doing something fun. This is proven to help the body know where it needs to go, weight wise.
That's really interesting! I'm going to try to do more visualizing.

I'm having a good Healing Day so far! My plan was to eat a low cal salad around this time, but for whatever reason I just really don't want to start eating. So I made another pot of decaf and having that with HWC. Just felt more appealing for whatever reason.

I've had a bit of hunger today, but nothing overwhelming that feels like an EMERGENCY!!!! My hunger last night (after 1900 calories!!) felt much more URGENT. This all really is facinating and not linear.

I wish I could just laze away the day reading and posting here until bed time. Alas, that is not to be. (but I am reading/posting instead of the other stuff I should be doing today LOL!) The graduation party will be calling my name soon.... My plan remains to fill a plate with vegs.

Hope all are having a good day!

Beth

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
Start Date: June 18 2013
Hello my fellow June newbies and of course, our seasoned JUDDDers too.

Today is another DD for me. I started off with black coffee...and had a dire desire to eat some lucky charms. Bummer. Need to not keep those in the house because they are a big weakness of mine (all cereal, really!)

I did OK though - poured myself a half cup of the Lucky Charms and a half cup of milk, made sure to mark down the calories on my tracker (I use Lose It) and came in at 154 calories. That's good and the best thing is I don't regret eating that because now I feel full, satisfied, and have no food cravings. Not the healthiest thing but hey - progress, not perfection, right? At first I thought about just throwing in the whole towel and pouring a mondo-sized bowl, but I'm really proud of myself that I didn't.

Today will be 2 workouts since it's a day off, maybe a nice hike with my dog because the weather is beautiful here in Washington, and some reading and relaxing. I'm going to try to create some cabbage/Laughing Cow food for tonigh'ts DD dinner.

One thing I wanted to mention to some of my fellow newbies is doing as Dr. Johnson recommends in his book and carrying around a journal to write in - not just your cals but also, what you're feeling, ideas, etc. I had been doing this since early this year and kind of let it go to the wayside and started back up this past week, it's really helpful to have a place to write down thoughts, etc. Just wanted to share that it's worked well for me.

Also,thank you to Tandc for sharing those books! I also want to swing by the library and check them out because I too have been thinking alot of about body issues and self-acceptance. Yes, I want to be healther and lose some weight but I don't want to feel obsessed and hating towards myself in the process. I'm so glad you posted those because I have been thinking about checking out some books along those lines for the past few weeks.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
I went about 300 cals over my ud limit today. Is this considered an up up and away day? I can get back on track tomorrow by doing a dd right?
Thanks for your help!
Not in my book. UUAD days are more like 1000 over and I have done that quite often in the past 18 months. Not to worry.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post

Today is another DD for me. I started off with black coffee...and had a dire desire to eat some lucky charms. Bummer. Need to not keep those in the house because they are a big weakness of mine (all cereal, really!)

I did OK though - poured myself a half cup of the Lucky Charms and a half cup of milk, made sure to mark down the calories on my tracker (I use Lose It) and came in at 154 calories. That's good and the best thing is I don't regret eating that because now I feel full, satisfied, and have no food cravings. Not the healthiest thing but hey - progress, not perfection, right? At first I thought about just throwing in the whole towel and pouring a mondo-sized bowl, but I'm really proud of myself that I didn't.

One thing I wanted to mention to some of my fellow newbies is doing as Dr. Johnson recommends in his book and carrying around a journal to write in - not just your cals but also, what you're feeling, ideas, etc. I had been doing this since early this year and kind of let it go to the wayside and started back up this past week, it's really helpful to have a place to write down thoughts, etc. Just wanted to share that it's worked well for me.

Also,thank you to Tandc for sharing those books! I also want to swing by the library and check them out because I too have been thinking alot of about body issues and self-acceptance. Yes, I want to be healther and lose some weight but I don't want to feel obsessed and hating towards myself in the process. I'm so glad you posted those because I have been thinking about checking out some books along those lines for the past few weeks.
I don't keep stuff in the house that I might eat at night (sleepwalk/eating). If I want something bad enough on my UD I just get while I'm out and try to just buy 1 serving. It also keeps me from "grazing" while I'm awake and a lot of calories can sneak up from one bite here a taste there and so on.

You are absolutely correct about it being progress and not perfection. I try to be mindful of this in all areas of life.

Self acceptance is important. I've made a lot of improvements, but boy, do I have a long way to go...

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:

Today will be 2 workouts since it's a day off, maybe a nice hike with my dog because the weather is beautiful here in Washington, and some reading and relaxing. I'm going to try to create some cabbage/Laughing Cow food for tonigh'ts DD dinner.

Good attitude and good idea about journaling. I keep a journal (or 5), but I only write titles of books I want to read lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Not in my book. UUAD days are more like 1000 over and I have done that quite often in the past 18 months. Not to worry.
LOVE this! It's always nice, IMHO, to see successful JUDDDers who have big appetites, AND who've gotten to goal (and beyond).
Old 06-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Hello and coaches!!!

Hungry DD for me today. I've been doing a lot of reading around here and getting so many ideas. That is what has saved me today - reading time and again that I have to just experiment and find what works for me. At NO time have I even had a thought of "blowing it and starting over tomorrow.." and all that kind of stinkin' thinkin' that helped me re-gain 35 pounds (over half my weight lost...twice!). I am quite happy about that! Not thinking of throwing in the towel has been especially amazing since I spent a couple hours this afternoon with food everywhere - including a massive table of nothing but sugarcarbies. I ate my little plate of vegs as planned, and that was that!!

I've read so many posts about the value of broth and that is what I'm sipping at the moment. WOW it really does take the edge off. I'm glad I know that now! I'm still planning a small dinner but am waiting until right before I head to bed. I know I will fall asleep much easier if my tummy isn't going crazy.

HUNGER IS NOT AN EMERGENCY!

I've made sort of a UD meal plan for tomorrow, but LOL I don't think it's "special" enough! So I'm sure I'll tweak it some before I'm done.

Quote:
THANK YOU!! I am so reassured to know that. Especially after my 2600 day yesterday.

Quote:

progress, not perfection, right? At first I thought about just throwing in the whole towel and pouring a mondo-sized bowl, but I'm really proud of myself that I didn't.
YAY!!! So glad you stuck to your guns! I don't think I could have done that with a sugary cereal.

Quote:
I need to get a little notebook for my purse. My journaling is all over the place - typed in my journal here, in notebooks on my desk, in my head, etc. I never write anything down however, when I'm not at my home office desk. I need to change that - thanks for the reminder!!

Quote:
It's always nice, IMHO, to see successful JUDDDers who have big appetites, AND who've gotten to goal (and beyond).
This is the exact thing making me hopeful right now. I have such a huge appetite. It's encouraging beyond words to see people talk about that who are at goal and maintaining successfully!

Well, I'm going to read a little more in the JUDDD book and then call it a night. It feels so good to be doing this. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support!

Beth
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning fellow and JB coaches! UD here and I'm looking forward to it.

How is everyone doing today?

Beth
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
Glad to see so many are doing so well. It's very encouraging! I'm gonna try some broccoli or cabbage w/ broth and lite meat next DD. I discovered cucumbers last DD and at only 16 calories per cup I could have gone all nuts and eaten several cups if I'd had that much. I love cucs to begin with. I'm also gonna get some broth as I found soup quite satisfying.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do another DD Monday or stick with a 6:1 schedule for a month to see how it goes.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #253
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandc90 View Post
Glad to see so many are doing so well. It's very encouraging! I'm gonna try some broccoli or cabbage w/ broth and lite meat next DD. I discovered cucumbers last DD and at only 16 calories per cup I could have gone all nuts and eaten several cups if I'd had that much. I love cucs to begin with. I'm also gonna get some broth as I found soup quite satisfying.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to do another DD Monday or stick with a 6:1 schedule for a month to see how it goes.
I weigh all my veggies out by the ounce on my kitchen scale, but cucumber is about 4 calories per ounce so 10oz which is quite a lot is only 40 calories. I slice it very thin and use SF rice vinegar with pink Himalayan salt. It is also good with a bit of diced red onions which won't add a ton of calories if you only use a little. It tastes better if it can sit in the fridge for a bit before serving.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
This is probably old news, but one thing that helps take the edge off my hunger on DD/HD is an almond milk latte. I steam/micro 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (15 cals) and add it to about 4 oz of strong coffee. I usually buy the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, also 30 cals per cup. But if they only have plain i just add my own vanilla. Sometimes I add a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa powder. To me, it feels a teensy bit decadent and can help me get over a hump. It's the hardest working 15 cals I know of
Old 06-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
This is probably old news, but one thing that helps take the edge off my hunger on DD/HD is an almond milk latte. I steam/micro 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (15 cals) and add it to about 4 oz of strong coffee. I usually buy the unsweetened vanilla almond milk, also 30 cals per cup. But if they only have plain i just add my own vanilla. Sometimes I add a dusting of cinnamon or cocoa powder. To me, it feels a teensy bit decadent and can help me get over a hump. It's the hardest working 15 cals I know of
I love my skinny lattes...I really must remember to look for almond milk and try this! TFS!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification! Was soo worried for nothing, lol
Old 06-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
DG, enjoy your UD!! I love your attitude!!

Macci, I think your latte recipe sounds great! I keep almond milk all of the time. Usually it's the plain kind. I buy a soy chocolate milk that is so yummy! I bet it would be good in a latte, too. I let you know if I try that!

tandc & Carly, I love cucumbers, too..........but, they don't like me much! I end up with indigestion for the rest of the day. If I eat them in a salad with a meal, I do ok. But, by themselves? Forget it!

Have a great JUDDD day everyone!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Hello!! I know it's late in the month, but here I am anyway ! I'm here for support and have just read through this thread...wonderful people!

I started JUDDDing a few weeks ago, then went to Mexico, and now am trying to get back on track. I have done WW (no luck), general Low Carb (more luck), calorie counting (nothin'), and fasting one day a week (worked a bit). The fasting is what lead me to JUDDD..I seem to feel better when I don't eat!

Currently I eat mostly a paleo type diet, all natural and few grains. I have found that I am really sensitive to gluten and now am trying to avoid it altogether. When I eat wheat stuffs I get a lot of bloating and massive fatigue.

I have been pretty good this past week. DD (or healing days...love that) are easy. I actually did a full 36 hour fast on Tuesday because I had a day or two of debauchery with a house guest over the weekend. I was so swollen that I wanted to give myself an extended time to heal. Typically I have coffee with half and half or almond milk until I eat a small dinner. I find when I start to eat I get much more hungry. Do any of you do an actual full fast for your healing days or do you all still eat something?

Second question/problem is about Up Days...I have been having issues with binging on UDs...again, once I start eating I seem to have trouble stopping...

I look forward to making some new friends here!

Last edited by AmyP; 06-23-2013 at 12:35 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Amy!! I love that you've come back from your trip & jumped right back into rotations! That's what's so great about JUDDD!! I don't do complete fasts; but, my DH does & says it's just easier for him to not eat on DD's. I typically go as late as I can before eating.

As for binging on UD's.......I still sometimes have that issue, too. So, for me, I tend to wait until the afternoon before I start eating. I nurse my coffee all morning. If I keep my DD calories really low, then, higher than usual UD calories don't do as much damage. Of course, UD's that don't get away from me are best!

Have a great day!!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

I also feel better when I don't eat. On DD I just have a bedtime snack around 9-10pm of less than 200 calories. On UD I rarely eat before 1-2pm, but usually wait till dinner and then have a bedtime snack. If I wake very hungry on an UD I'll eat, but I tend to regret it because I get sluggish and want to nap.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #261
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Hey everyone.. coming back as a not-so-newbie.. I dunno why I ever left this way of eating.. I managed to regain everything I lost, plus some...and doing it trying to work other plans... Atkins, and when that didn't work, plain ol' calorie counting... I finally just decided to go back to what feels really good to me inside. I can't describe how awesome it feels to just "be normal"..

Only change I'm making this time around is only weighing once a week.. I think last time I was doing this...the every day weighing, while it fed my obsessive thinking ....it also made me feel badly when it fluctuated upwards and seemingly felt like the numbers would "never go down"...If I'd have just hung in there I'm sure I would have seen results. So, hopefully the once a week weigh in will do wonders for my neurotic brain.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 06-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

back, Dannielle!! Hang in there! I'm glad to see you back!!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Hey Danielle. Good to have you back.

What a wonderful thread this is! Brilliant questions, great answers. Super bunch of newbies!

I eat as late as possible on DDs and have lots of green veggies with mushrooms and some protein for dinner. I've just bought a veggie spiralizer and am really into veggie noodles!
Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Just came in from some gardening. Wow the flies were trying to eat me alive out there!! Didn't get any weeding done but picked a massive bowl of strawberries. This is probably about the last of them since it's getting so hot.

UD going fine in fact I've got plenty of room for my steak dinner and also some sort of treaty thing without going over. One of our mulberry trees has the best tasting mulberries! The other trees have bland berries but this one tree has fabulous berries. I stopped on the way to the garden for a snack. LOL my tracker doesn't have "mulberries" in the database so I guess those are free! :Yummy:

Quote:
That's an awesome idea - thank you!!!

I love cukes too and Carly thanks for your cuke/rice vinegar suggestions.

I need to get busy and make a final decision how I'm going to approach DD tomorrow. I feel it would not be good for me to wake up without a plan. I'm thinking of trying potatoes again but this time, smaller more frequent portions and see how my BG does with that. (and hunger level, etc.)

It seems that many JB's wait until later in the day to eat both on DD and UD. How long did it take you to be able to "make it" until late afternoon or evening to eat anything? Did you work your way up to that in any systematic way? (i.e. one week not eat until 11AM, then next week noon, etc.)

Thanks for all the support and help!! It's so awesome to come here and feel surrounded with support - so much easier to stick with it.

Danielle and Amy and well...everyone!

Beth
Old 06-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Thank you for the welcome (and hi Dani!!). Glad to know I am kinda normal when it comes to the fasting. Just seems easier for me. The last time I did a full fast I was not able to sleep well, I may need something before bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
It seems that many JB's wait until later in the day to eat both on DD and UD. How long did it take you to be able to "make it" until late afternoon or evening to eat anything? Did you work your way up to that in any systematic way? (i.e. one week not eat until 11AM, then next week noon, etc.

I am doing a medium-ish day today to keep my down days on M, W, & Fri..works better for my life

Beth
First time I did a fast I just white knuckled it until dinner. It gets easier every time. If I get hungry I will either have some green tea (and I always have coffee with almond milk in the morning) or some cider vinegar in water..that last one seems to really knock off some of the hunger. It's amazing how much more energy & focus I have when I am NOT eating!
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Beth, if I make it past 4-5pm, I tend to not be hungry till 8pm-ish. However, it might help to point out that I don't get up at the crack of dawn.

Amy, I can't sleep if I'm hungry, so I usually leave myself room at bedtime for a yoghurt or a Ryvita with a slice of Cheddar.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Question: I'm not very good at math but...how do you figure out what kind of deficit you have for the week?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #268
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Amy! Glad you joined in here. I also wait (most days) to eat later in the day. I seem to do much better that way on DDs, and don't feel like I'm having to restrict as much on UDs if I have lots of calories going into dinnertime.

back Danielle! I'm glad you've come back into the board. It was awhile before I could handle the every day weighing too - it just bugged me to see the ups. In fact, I've been taking a little TOM/fatigue break from the scales just now. I'll probably weigh Tuesday or maybe Thursday morning for the first time in several days, after a DD.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Arggggggg... starting again tomorrow on a DD...sigh. I know this WOE works well and I really want to be successful, but I can't seem to keep at it for more than a part of a week. I KNOW I can do this...I just need to keep my mind focused and know that I can eat lots every second day. I only diet every second day...what other plan offers this??? I can do this...thanks for listening everyone. DD #1 is tomorrow. i'm going to do 500 cals for the first 2 weeks of DDs bc I think I might be trying to go too low at first and it's sabatoging me...?? I will perservere

Kim

Last edited by sloppail; 06-23-2013 at 06:21 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it Kim. Tomorrow is a DD for me too - let's do it together!

Beth
Closed Thread