Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tandc90
SlowSure, thank you. I am in fact trying to be sensible relative to how obsessive I've been in the past on any type of diet.

I really like the term healing day. That's certainly how it feels. If nothing else I'm giving my digestion a good rest. I have Crohn's so I know for a fact this is good for me. I've fasted (fully fast, not JUDDD) in the past and know how good it makes me feel. I'm delighted I can get the benefits without the overwhelming hunger.

Last edited by tandc90; 06-20-2013 at 03:09 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hello Suzy
Stats: 170/170/145
Start Date: 9/2014
So I just finished up week one and happy to finally report a loss Would you believe I weighed myself maybe 4 times last week and every time but this morning, I hadn't lost even an ounce. This is after clocking some pretty decent miles too. This morning I was down 1.6 lbs! Strange how that works. I'm not doing cartwheels yet, as we're all familiar with the notorious water weight loss. Hopefully there will be a downward trend coming my way shortly. Needless to say, I would be THRILLED with 1.6 lb loss per week, while at 500/2000. Welcome to all the newcomers!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Well done Suzy, very good to see the start. Keep posting.

Tandc90, I remember you from a while back. I love your attitude. You are going to reap the benefits of JUDDD while respecting yourself.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Doggygirl
Stats: 204/191.8/152
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: This time: 12/17/14
Hi again everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I've been following WW since January and managed to gain 7lbs. I cannot sustain anything else for more than a couple of weeks.
Me too! Exactly! (well, I think I gained a little more than 7 on WW but still....) Eerie. Not able to stick with anything else either. Scary.

[quote]Today is my 2nd down day [/ME TOO!!!] Are we cosmic twins??

Quote:
I call my DD's "Healing Day" this time around. For me it's just more positive and reminds me of the healing powers of the Sirt-1 gene. When I did this before, my husband would ask "Are you up or are you down"? I didn't like saying I was down. After struggling with WW and crying in my soup, DH said "What about that every other day thing? You did great on that." And he was right.

A great meal is only 1 day away! Today, I'm healing.
I love your "Healing Day" designation and also the saying at the end about the great meal! It sounds like you have a wonderfully supportive DH too! I look forward to getting to know you on this journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I had a grad party last weekend on a DD. I talked with folks away from the food table. I did allow myself a raw veggie plate and think that's a great solution for you! Going to the party after a small meal at home sounds great, too. You won't bee too hungry. Fwiw, I also find myself thinking how germs hands are reaching in food bowls and that stops me from wanting a lot at these events, too. you can do it!
LOL I'm going to remember that about the germs! EWWWWW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Hi Beth!

I had cabbage and laughing cow cheese wedge steamed/fried/cooked in chicken broth. I added a few spices, salt and pepper and it was amazing.
That sounds really good. Did you just use a little broth to sort of steam the cabbage? Then add the LC wedge at the end? Tell me more! That sounds good and very filling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Just one thing though. If you do find yourself eating more than you had hoped, enjoy each mouthful taoughtfully and don't allow that 'Ah heck, I've blown it now, I may as well eat the lot!' way of thinking get you. You haven't ruined a DD by eat a hundred or so calories more than you should.
That is such an important reminder for me. That is EXACTLY what happens in my pea brain. I think I will write your words of advice on a 3X5 card and stick it in my purse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tandc90 View Post
I'm far more patient about these things than I used to be as I've spent the last few months working on self-acceptance.
I need to work on that with you! Are there tools or techniques you use to help you work on that self acceptance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Suzy View Post
So I just finished up week one and happy to finally report a loss
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Suvived my afternoon observing court. Still on plan. Now for dinner.

Hope all are having a good day and even if you're not, stick close. I tend to run and that just makes it worse.

Beth

Mini Goals:
#1: Weight 184
#2: Weight 179
#3: Weight 174
#4: Weight 169 (normal BMI)
#5: Weight 164
#6: Weight 159
#7: Weight 154
Old 06-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
It's so good to see the newbie thread alive and active! Welcome back Blonde w/ a Rose and Tandc90! Beth your DD plan for the graduation sounds great!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I agree, Carly. You newbs sound like JUDDD stars in the making. I love the banter and newbs helping each other. Good going, everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
hehe, well, the icky germy hands thing helps ME out anyways, Beth. I'd rather have my own yummy stuff I've made myself. It really helps standing by the table at the party for a bit and seeing everyone use their hands to grab at the food. I know you're going to do awesome whatever happens this weekend.

Suzy, great job on that loss! It will only continue to bounce on down!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
hehe, well, the icky germy hands thing helps ME out anyways, Beth. I'd rather have my own yummy stuff I've made myself. It really helps standing by the table at the party for a bit and seeing everyone use their hands to grab at the food.
Yup ^^^^^
That's why I'm rarely tempted by goodies at work- too many hands
Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
Start Date: June 18 2013
Good morning everyone Love, hugs, and good vibes to all!

I too am loving this thread. I love how accepting JUDDD is of life circumstances and events and you experienced JUDDDers are offering such great support and advice so a big huge thank you!

Yesterday was another DD for me and I did extremely well, far better than I expected to and way better than my first DD on Tuesday. I came in at 691 calories (lower than that due to my workouts but I am not going to count/eatback exercise calories unless I feel it's absolutely necessary). I actually had a small mini-meal planned (lean cuisine - not the healthiest but definitely the easiest and I'm shooting for easy right now!) but I wasn't actually hungry, but rather tired last night, so I went to bed instead of eating. I can already feel myself being more aware of my hunger levels.

This morning is a down day. I could weigh myself but I think I might still be feeling the effects of my failed 1st DD and my UUAD day on Wednesday, lol. I think I will pass and wait for Sunday to roll around.

With today being an UD, I thought I was going to wake up ravished espeially since I had alotted myself 1000 cals yesterday and came in at less than 700. Nope - not hungry a BIT right now. Actually, I feel kind of full which is weird because I didn't eat past about 7 last night. Oh well - don't look a gift horse in the mouth! I'm kicking off today's UD with what my body says it wants - some good ol' black coffee!

I think what I am most excited about is to learn to differentiate things like real hunger vs. boredom/emotional hunger and also to learn to eat real wholesome foods.
I am reading about the mediterranean diet right now (diet as in types of food, not as in weight-loss diet) and it's very intriguing and I think I might try to follow that someone losely on my UDs and DDs as it seems very healthy and allows moderate carbs which I've found my body needs.

Doggygirl & Blonde with a Rose - I too have joined WW and have not lost a single darn pound (except the week I started which was when I stopped drinking all that bulletproof coffee - I think the CO and hWC was too much for my body). I have actually found myself super hungry on WW all the time. No bueno!

Carly, Flutter - I am totally in agreement regarding the hands and germs! That actually keeps me out of a LOT of food in the cafeteria, mainly the creamy soups that I would otherwise enjoy - I just think of them as germ cess pools. Such a disgusting term but it honest-to-goodness works....I never eat soup from the cafeteria at work and all my co-workers poke fun of me for it (in a kind way, lol).
Old 06-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Candiceena
Stats: 180/167/122
Start Date: June 18 2013
Oh, someone had talked about laughing cow cheese, cabbage, and chicken broth. This sounds so delicious. Can someone break down the recipe for me?
Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I need to work on that with you! Are there tools or techniques you use to help you work on that self acceptance?
I'm reading a couple of books which I'll post the titles later today. I have a couple of techniques I use. One is to look at myself in the mirror each day. Naked. Full length mirror. I really study my body and learn to truly see it as is not as I wish. As soon as I feel a negative thought arriving I challenge it with a positive one and stop my mirror work. I did this a lot at first but have pretty much stopped now as I'm satisfied with my current progress. I'll go back to it one day.

The second thing is to critically challenge our ideas of body beauty. Who decided what the definition of beauty is? Why are they correct? What if there are many many different types of beauty? Each time I find myself comparing myself negatively to some current standard of beauty I ask myself "And who decided she's the standard of perfection anyway? What if I am?" And I was several hundred years ago, lol. You know all those chunky chicks lounging around nude eating grapes in those old paintings? They were the supermodels of their day.

My goal isn't to attain 100% self-acceptance but to simply accept myself, warts and flaws and all. Even the things I don't like. You can not like something about yourself but still accept it.

I was shocked by how much childhood stuff and feelings of unworthiness this project brought up in me in the beginning. It took a lot of courage to forge ahead when my subconscious was screaming at me to hate myself and diet and carry all the guilt around because as a fat person that's the only way I was acceptable enough to breath the earth's air. I chose to give up the self-hate, stop dieting for a long time, and give up the guilt. I had to rebuild who I was in some major ways.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
Oh, someone had talked about laughing cow cheese, cabbage, and chicken broth. This sounds so delicious. Can someone break down the recipe for me?
Several variations in the DD Recipes thread - also a thread dedicated to it: Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken

Posts 9 & 11 give directions - as do others. There'll be something in there to suit you.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/17/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggygirl View Post
Hi again everyone!

That sounds really good. Did you just use a little broth to sort of steam the cabbage? Then add the LC wedge at the end? Tell me more! That sounds good and very filling.

Beth
Yes, exactly. I started with the chicken broth and steamed the cabbage. I then added a few spices and steamed the cabbage a little more. I then added salt and pepper to taste, laughing cow cheese and precooked sausage (1 oz) just long enough to heat the sausage through and melt the cheese.

I do have a confession though. I like to take the tartness out just a little bit by adding 1/2 to full small packet of splenda. I know. I know. Some of you may think this ruins it, but it is super yummy with the right cheese. It is expecially yummy if you use real bacon bits and garlic and herb cheese!

Goals met:
199.9 - ONEderland(10/23/12);
180s - (12/08/12)
170s - (1/7/13) (made it back 01/14) (no longer obese)
160s - (3/2/13) 50.2 pounds in 5 1/2 months!
148 - No longer Overweight
"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running." ~ Sarah Condor, Runner/Author
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Macci
Quote:
I'm reading a couple of books which I'll post the titles later today. I have a couple of techniques I use. One is to look at myself in the mirror each day. Naked. Full length mirror. I really study my body and learn to truly see it as is not as I wish. As soon as I feel a negative thought arriving I challenge it with a positive one and stop my mirror work. I did this a lot at first but have pretty much stopped now as I'm satisfied with my current progress. I'll go back to it one day.

The second thing is to critically challenge our ideas of body beauty. Who decided what the definition of beauty is? Why are they correct? What if there are many many different types of beauty? Each time I find myself comparing myself negatively to some current standard of beauty I ask myself "And who decided she's the standard of perfection anyway? What if I am?" And I was several hundred years ago, lol. You know all those chunky chicks lounging around nude eating grapes in those old paintings? They were the supermodels of their day.

My goal isn't to attain 100% self-acceptance but to simply accept myself, warts and flaws and all. Even the things I don't like. You can not like something about yourself but still accept it.

I was shocked by how much childhood stuff and feelings of unworthiness this project brought up in me in the beginning. It took a lot of courage to forge ahead when my subconscious was screaming at me to hate myself and diet and carry all the guilt around because as a fat person that's the only way I was acceptable enough to breath the earth's air. I chose to give up the self-hate, stop dieting for a long time, and give up the guilt. I had to rebuild who I was in some major ways.
No, FANTASTIC post! How wonderful that you are getting past all this stinkin' thinkin;, so, so great! Yay for you, Tandac90!!
Old 06-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

yes, truly wonderful and not easy, not at all. I give you a tremendous amount of credit for all the effort you have put into your self-acceptance work.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #226

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Yup, totally agree Carly. Great work Tand.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

QUESTION!!! I am on UD#2. I have eaten just over 1900 calories today and holy cow I'm still hungry!!! I have not carbed out or anything either - the macros for my day are:

P: 148
C: 96 (net 62)
F: 116

LOL I feel more hungry than either of the DD's I've done!!

OK - do I ride it out? Or do I eat some more? If I do eat some more, I'm thinking fat. Is that what you would do? (I welcome any and all opinions)

Quote:

t&c WOW. You have done some truly amazing and important work. I would love to hear more about the books you recommend. Why is self-acceptance so hard - especially for us women? I'm a late-in-life college student and one of my courses last year was about cultural diversity. Just like you mentioned about the women in the older paintings, there are differences from culture to culture in terms of what is considered "beautiful" in a woman's body. So there really isn't an absolute and it's up to us to develop our OWN individual standards and love ourselves no matter what, IMO.

There is a video out there (it's probably 15 or more years old now) called "Tough Guise" by Jackson Katz. He studied male images (American ones) over the last several decades and noted how things have changed, and he theorizes on how the male images in the media affect people. It was interesting to see, as one example, the photos of the "James Bond" actors over the years. The original James Bond was slender by todays standards and posed with what today would be a modest gun. The Bond figures over the years became more muscled and larger, and the guns have become larger too.

By contrast, over the years the female imagery has become smaller. Men taking up more space and women occupying less space. This guy has some interesting theories on why, and what the impact has been. If you are interested in that sort of thing, I think the film can be found in libraries sometimes.

T&C - I too struggle with some childhood stuff. I finally started seeing a counselor several weeks ago. I hope it helps. I'm so glad you're here with us and I look forward to getting to know you better and sharing this journey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Several variations in the DD Recipes thread - also a thread dedicated to it: Cabbage, laughing cow cheese and chicken

Posts 9 & 11 give directions - as do others. There'll be something in there to suit you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAS View Post
Yes, exactly. I started with the chicken broth and steamed the cabbage. I then added a few spices and steamed the cabbage a little more. I then added salt and pepper to taste, laughing cow cheese and precooked sausage (1 oz) just long enough to heat the sausage through and melt the cheese.

I do have a confession though. I like to take the tartness out just a little bit by adding 1/2 to full small packet of splenda. I know. I know. Some of you may think this ruins it, but it is super yummy with the right cheese. It is expecially yummy if you use real bacon bits and garlic and herb cheese!
OK. So now I'm REEEEAAAAALY hungry! I'm going to get a package of shredded cabbage for a DD soon and try that. holy cow this stuff must be magical if there is a whole thread about it!

Well, I keep waiting for a full feeling to catch up with me but it just isn't today. Is this normal???

Beth
Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Yup ^^^^^
That's why I'm rarely tempted by goodies at work- too many hands
The people at my work are super diligent about this lol. There is always a spoon to scoop out ANYthing that's for group consumption. Or, napkins to take out chips and that sort of thing. No hands touch anything but your own food. Not even ice.

DG-It's a little unusual to feel so hungry on a UD at first. Most people are amazed at how many calories they "have" to consume lol. I often feel that I can eat a lot more than I am allotted (1800) now, but in the beginning it seemed substantial. Are you exercising a lot too? That may be why. Also, I believe if you're truly still hungry, you should go ahead and eat. Maybe just something that won't take you too far over your calories, but would satisfy you (whatever your tastes my be).

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 06-21-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
QUESTION!!! I am on UD#2. I have eaten just over 1900 calories today and holy cow I'm still hungry!!! ...
OK - do I ride it out? Or do I eat some more? If I do eat some more, I'm thinking fat. Is that what you would do? (I welcome any and all opinions)

Well, I keep waiting for a full feeling to catch up with me but it just isn't today. Is this normal???
I'm with LG, if you're hungry (and it's not 'head hunger') then you would be well advised to eat something that suits you.

I don't think too many people report hunger on early UDs but it's always good to know people's different responses.

I hope the remainder of your DD is peaceful on the hunger front.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
The people at my work are super diligent about this lol. There is always a spoon to scoop out ANYthing that's for group consumption. Or, napkins to take out chips and that sort of thing. No hands touch anything but your own food. Not even ice.

DG-It's a little unusual to feel so hungry on a UD at first. Most people are amazed at how many calories they "have" to consume lol. I often feel that I can eat a lot more than I am allotted (1800) now, but in the beginning it seemed substantial. Are you exercising a lot too? That may be why. Also, I believe if you're truly still hungry, you should go ahead and eat. Maybe just something that won't take you too far over your calories, but would satisfy you (whatever your tastes my be).
Nope - not exercises much at the moment, unfortunately. I have no idea what was up with the hunger, but I ate some peanut butter and now I'm ready to go to sleep.

Part of this might be stress related and tired related. Lots of insanity going on in my house right now - we are trying to buy a second rental property and the mortgage company is driving me crazy. Didn't sleep much at all last night - too much on my mind. So running on empty today.

So I ended up at about 2600 calories. I'm going to try to say Big Whoop. I hope the fat in the PB will carry me nicely into a good DD tomorrow. I hope I get a good night sleep tonight!

Question regarding UDs. I believe it was Carly who mentioned on another thread that she doesn't eat much even on up days until 1PM. I definitely hold off eating on DDs - wouldn't work if I started early. I'm now wondering if I should try a similar strategy on UDs - just skip breakfast or hold off on it as late as possible. I'm thinking if I compress my meals into a smaller window that might work better for me.

I have an unbelievable appetite and I've been as I've read the comments about people who struggle to eat "up" to their UD calories. I can't imagine ever having that problem LOL! I'm a WW flunkout for sure!

Funny thing is that even though my calories are well over target (basically a UD + a DD) I don't feel bad about it. No guilt at all. THAT IS AMAZING. No feelings of "I've blown it now..so I might as well eat all of DHs cookies and more PB and maybe some sugar straight out of the jar!" I'm just happy that my tummy is now satisfied and I can possibly sleep.

AMAZING. That is such a different feeling.

Beth
Old 06-22-2013, 05:55 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
It's awesome indeed that you don't feel like throwing in the towel and are peaceful about how your UD turned out!!!

As for starting to eat later on an UD, I do that often. I am not normally a breakfast person anyways and just love my coffee all morning, so it works for me to skip breaky, and eat lunch & dinner. Helps to have the extra calories to add in treats later and also makes me feel like I am splurging to "have" to add calories in...ON A DIET! mind games...it works tho!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Thank you everyone. DoggyGirl, that video sounds really interesting. I'll try to find it. I wish you the best in your counseling too. I was in therapy for about 3 years and it was absolutely invaluable.

The books I've read that helped me the most are below. All of these helped my dieting, food, and body obsession. I've got a long way to go though. Oh, Geneen Roth is good also.

*Overcoming Overeating by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter

*When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies: Freeing Yourself from Food and Weight Obsession by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter

*Normal Eating for Normal Weight: The Path to Freedom from Weight Obsession and Food Cravings by Cheryl Canter

Last edited by tandc90; 06-22-2013 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KYSoccerMom
Stats: Height: 5'0" Weight: 147.0/143.5/110.0
Start Date: Restarted 3/9/14
Quote:
Question regarding UDs. I believe it was Carly who mentioned on another thread that she doesn't eat much even on up days until 1PM. I definitely hold off eating on DDs - wouldn't work if I started early. I'm now wondering if I should try a similar strategy on UDs - just skip breakfast or hold off on it as late as possible. I'm thinking if I compress my meals into a smaller window that might work better for me.
Beth
Beth--I just started JUDDD on June 7 and it took a couple of rotations for me to figure out what works for me. I definitely do better if I wait until later (noon or after) to "eat" on my DD's. I also figured out (just yesterday) that if I keep those days simple, it works better for me. I usually have my coffee in the morning (w/creamer) and then do just a Slim Fast shake around lunch time and some Lipton cup-a-soup for dinner. Yesterday I tried eating regular food, but that left me hungry for more...so that was a fail. I also drink some hot tea (my favorite is Mint) and that seems to keep my stomach from rumbling. I am amazed at how satisfied I can feel with only 320 calories as I am sure I used to eat 2000-3000 calories a day.

As for my UD's, well I like to plan ahead. If there is something I a craving during the DD, I try to add to my UD menu (that seems to mentally help me make it through the DD.) I am learning to wait until I am actually hungry before I eat, even on UD's. I definitely don't try to do low carb (I'm a former South Beacher) because then I feel deprived, so I am strictly looking at calories for now.

I did lots of reading of what works for other people and tried out some to see what works for me. Just keep reading and working at it and I am sure you will come up with a recipe that works for you.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have an unbelievable appetite and I've been as I've read the comments about people who struggle to eat "up" to their UD calories. I can't imagine ever having that problem LOL! I'm a WW flunkout for sure!
LOL, I've thought the same thing. Where do I sign up?? My next UD I'm gonna try starting it with a big high protein/high fat breakfast. I think that'll help me. I felt hypoglycemic most of the day.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
As for starting to eat later on an UD, I do that often. I am not normally a breakfast person anyways and just love my coffee all morning, so it works for me to skip breaky, and eat lunch & dinner. Helps to have the extra calories to add in treats later and also makes me feel like I am splurging to "have" to add calories in...ON A DIET! mind games...it works tho!
Hey, I'm all for a mind game that WORKS LOL!! I didn't used to be a breakfast person. Breakfast became a focus when I started dieting. Never really thought about that, but there you have it. I am definitely not having anything but coffee on DD mornings (and that has been fine for the first two anyway - today is the third - we shall see!). Since my schedule is pretty flexible tomorrow for a UD, I'm going to wait for my first meal and see how that feels. I have been a little surprised (pleasantly) the first two mornings after DD that I did NOT feel ravenous. I expected I would wake up really hungry after DD but that was not the case. We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Quote:
The books I've read that helped me the most are below. All of these helped my dieting, food, and body obsession. I've got a long way to go though. Oh, Geneen Roth is good also.

*Overcoming Overeating by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter

*When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies: Freeing Yourself from Food and Weight Obsession by Jane R. Hirschmann and Carol H. Munter

*Normal Eating for Normal Weight: The Path to Freedom from Weight Obsession and Food Cravings by Cheryl Canter
Thank you for these recommendations! I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one who has no problem at all making UD calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYSoccerMom View Post
Beth-- I also figured out (just yesterday) that if I keep those days simple, it works better for me. I usually have my coffee in the morning (w/creamer) and then do just a Slim Fast shake around lunch time and some Lipton cup-a-soup for dinner. Yesterday I tried eating regular food, but that left me hungry for more...so that was a fail. I also drink some hot tea (my favorite is Mint) and that seems to keep my stomach from rumbling.

As for my UD's, well I like to plan ahead. If there is something I a craving during the DD, I try to add to my UD menu (that seems to mentally help me make it through the DD.) I am learning to wait until I am actually hungry before I eat, even on UD's.
I really appreciate hearing your experience with this. My first two DDs were simple also - just potatoes that were already boiled a day ahead and in the fridge. I'm not liking what that does to my BG so not sure if potatoes will be my way forward, but it's interesting to hear that you do best keeping it really really simple. I have a written DD plan for today (not eating until afternoon) but I may simplify it even more to 2 or 3 feedings of a HB egg and broth.

Love your suggestion about putting any "craved" foods on DD unto tomorrows UD plan. That makes a lot of sense and I'm going to try that as well.

Question to the group - how do you do if you have a lot of low calorie high volume food on DD such as lettuce and other greens and low calorie vegs? Fill you up or make you hungrier? I guess i will never know for myself until I try but I'm curious what others have experienced.

After my big calorie day yesterday I was only up .2 on the scale this morning. Do I love JUDDD? HECK YA!!!!

Beth
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

I find lettuce, cucumber and celery very filling for very little calories. I eat cucumber and celery often on DDs.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey Beth. Glad you made it through your UD and felt satisfied. Your DD should be easier today because of it! I made the mistake on Thursday of not eating dinner because I felt like I had eaten such a huge lunch...yesterday's DD was not fun. Also, chalk me up as a person with a VERY healthy appetite. If you don't want to be slapped, don't mention not being able to eat on a UD!

As for low calorie, high volume food, YES, it does work. I especially like cabbage, and I think you saw the thread about cabbage/chicken/LC cheese...I have also used turkey sausage, which is 100 calories for 1 oz (pretty good amount cut up into a big pan of cabbage). I don't know why I don't do this every DD, lol.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #238

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If I only have veggies, I get hungry. If I have a good mix, I'm happy and content. A typical DD menu for me would be:

B: Either just coffee, or a protein shake (5-120 calories)
L: Wendy's chili (small) with habanero hot sauce (180 calories) This is sort of a joke around here, because I literally have this almost EVERY. SINGLE. DD.
D: Sometimes it'll be just Miso soup (25), or cucumbers/tomato/WF dressing (75), or I'll have a small serving of fish and veggies (150). I'm often not that hungry for dinner on a DD, and will either just eat because the family's eating, or I'll skip it.

I've been increasing my DD calories lately, since I'm close to goal, and have been having a shake most morning. Previously, my DDs would be under 250 calories pretty regularly and I'd be perfectly satisfied. Lately, they're around 350 or so, and sometimes feel downright decadent. It's funny what our bodies will become accustomed to over time.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KYSoccerMom
Stats: Height: 5'0" Weight: 147.0/143.5/110.0
Start Date: Restarted 3/9/14
Quote:
Question to the group - how do you do if you have a lot of low calorie high volume food on DD such as lettuce and other greens and low calorie vegs? Fill you up or make you hungrier? I guess i will never know for myself until I try but I'm curious what others have experienced.

Beth
My experience from other diets, is only veggies does not work for me...I am always hungry! So I have not tried that yet. But as you can see from the responses, everyone is different. It's just gonna take trial and error Only you know you and how your body reacts.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
I find lettuce, cucumber and celery very filling for very little calories. I eat cucumber and celery often on DDs.
Quote:
My experience from other diets, is only veggies does not work for me...I am always hungry! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If I only have veggies, I get hungry.
It really is interesting the differences in "what works" for everyone. you are right KYSoccermom - it will have to be trial and error - that's becoming really clear.

Quote:
L: Wendy's chili (small) with habanero hot sauce (180 calories) This is sort of a joke around here, because I literally have this almost EVERY. SINGLE. DD.
I used to LOVE Wendy's chilli and I need to see where the nearest Wendy's is to my internship office! That's a great DD idea for when I am at work or out and about.
Quote:
t's funny what our bodies will become accustomed to over time.
I find it facinating to read about everyone's experiences and can't wait to see what happens for me.

Quote:
My experience from other diets, is only veggies does not work for me...I am always hungry! So I have not tried that yet. But as you can see from the responses, everyone is different. It's just gonna take trial and error Only you know you and how your body reacts.
Beth
Closed Thread