Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
Flutter! You know I don't drink. I'm going to call you the Lady in Red.
Mmm hmmm, spiked coffee! I knew it!!

It's coral dahling...and definitely NOT a dress! Remember me & dresses? They are just to sit in my closet now and remind me I *could* wear one.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sorry girls! What thread are we in again? I'm sleep deprived today, that's my excuse. lol Carry on newbies!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyP
WOE: Paleo Low Carb
Still here...still plugging away. I was kind of disappointed this morning (I weigh every morning...) because weight after my DD was not what I expected, but I will keep on keeping on!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #334
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
Still here...still plugging away. I was kind of disappointed this morning (I weigh every morning...) because weight after my DD was not what I expected, but I will keep on keeping on!
Ignore the scale, it's EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be fine!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

I'd like to throw the thing out but afraid that if I did and stepped on it again in the future I'd DIE if it was a horrible number or if I'd been working for months to be the same weight. I guess the disappointment is easier to take in small doses! lol!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sunshinegirl44
Stats: 339/298/115
Start Date: June 2013
Thanks Everyone

Wow thanks so much for the advice All of you have been so successful and lost so much weight congratulations I will definitely be following your advice I have 2600 calories to get in on my UDs I like the idea of adding in some coconut oil, avocado, and chocolate I will count every calorie I have to admit this is a first for me being told to add calories

So as you loose you just lower the calories?
Also it looks like lowering your DD calories is not a problem, is that right?

This is just the best diet and the best place to get information. Really great group of people. You all gave me such great advice and so fast too. This is the nicest and most active diet website. I really need this weight off so I need all the help I can get. Thanks so much for the help
Old 06-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #337
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl44 View Post
Wow thanks so much for the advice All of you have been so successful and lost so much weight congratulations I will definitely be following your advice I have 2600 calories to get in on my UDs I like the idea of adding in some coconut oil, avocado, and chocolate I will count every calorie I have to admit this is a first for me being told to add calories

This is just the best diet and the best place to get information. Really great group of people. You all gave me such great advice and so fast too. This is the nicest and most active diet website. I really need this weight off so I need all the help I can get. Thanks so much for the help
When I started, I got 2300-2400 calories on UDs. I ate every single one of them.

DD calories, I almost ALWAYS kept below my recommended number. It's fine to eat less, or even nothing at all if you're so inclined, on DDs.

It's not recommended to lower your UD calories until/if they stop working for you. I lowered mine too soon, based on my new lower weight, and stalled. I had to increase them back up. Eventually, I'd have to lower them again, but for me, it was maybe with every 30 pounds or so, so not very often.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsAndi
Stats: 174/149/140
Quote:

Sunshinegirl44- I've done no food, just coffee and creamer DDs and it's worked just fine for me. Looks like I might have to go back to no food DDs since the scale dislikes me when I eat on DDs....LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

I've been losing the same 2-3 lbs for the past two weeks. Granted TOM came for a little while but my weight hasn't gone back down to 139.6 or lower. Is this a stall (prolly hasn't been long enough for a stall but...) or shall I just wait for a whoosh?
Old 06-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Thank you both, very helpful information I appreciate it
Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndi View Post
I've been losing the same 2-3 lbs for the past two weeks. Granted TOM came for a little while but my weight hasn't gone back down to 139.6 or lower. Is this a stall (prolly hasn't been long enough for a stall but...) or shall I just wait for a whoosh?
It's deeply frustrating to see or feel no outcome for all of this effort.

It's not officially a stall unless there has been neither loss of weight nor inches for 6 weeks. Have you been measuring?
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
It's deeply frustrating to see or feel no outcome for all of this effort.

It's not officially a stall unless there has been neither loss of weight nor inches for 6 weeks. Have you been measuring?
Slow sure, I have been measuring. No inches lost...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
As soon as I got frustrated enough to post about a stall, sure enough a whoosh came within 48 hours. If you are being true to your calories be patient and carry on. You will lose. That being said the weight loss may be slower now that you are at a reasonable weight for your height, but it may not necessarily be slower. I lost the last 10 pounds in the same amount of time as I lost the first 10 pounds. Granted 125lb is not super low for 5'2" so I wasn't asking anything unreasonable from my body. Hang in there I'm sure you'll get your whoosh

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
As soon as I got frustrated enough to post about a stall, sure enough a whoosh came within 48 hours. If you are being true to your calories be patient and carry on. You will lose. That being said the weight loss may be slower now that you are at a reasonable weight for your height, but it may not necessarily be slower. I lost the last 10 pounds in the same amount of time as I lost the first 10 pounds. Granted 125lb is not super low for 5'2" so I wasn't asking anything unreasonable from my body. Hang in there I'm sure you'll get your whoosh
Carly, Thanks for responding. Sorry for the whining and complaining. I'm just impatience is all. I'll continue to be true to my cals and carry on. I can't really complain, I lost 5 lbs in a month...LOL. July will be my month to make goal (hopefully).
Old 06-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
MrsAndi, I know how frustrating it is but don't let the scales wear you down!
I began March at 131lbs and bounced between 131 and 132 throughout the whole month, starting April at 132. Then suddenly, in the middle of April, the scales started to move and by mid-May, I was at 124 and a clothes size smaller.

Amy, weight loss with JUDDD is totally unpredictable. If you can learn to approach the scales with no expectations, you'll find things much easier.

If you stick to your rotations as much as Life allows, the magic will happen - and your scales may be the last to realise!
Old 06-28-2013, 05:57 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Carly, Thanks for responding. Sorry for the whining and complaining. I'm just impatience is all. I'll continue to be true to my cals and carry on. I can't really complain, I lost 5 lbs in a month...LOL. July will be my month to make goal (hopefully).
I'm sure you will- you're getting close!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
Amy, weight loss with JUDDD is totally unpredictable. If you can learn to approach the scales with no expectations, you'll find things much easier.

If you stick to your rotations as much as Life allows, the magic will happen - and your scales may be the last to realise!
Thanks for that...I need to remember it. I had another VERY up day..I think I need to start logging calories again for up days even though I really wanted to not have to to that again for a while. My plan for my next up day is to eliminate the sugar as it just causes me to want MOAR SUGAR!! . I will start with some protein and have some actual meals. Been snacking which is always a slippery slope for me.

Healing day today, which is needed! I hope you all have a wonderful day no matter what you are or are not putting in your pie holes!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #348
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
MrsAndi, I know how frustrating it is but don't let the scales wear you down!
I began March at 131lbs and bounced between 131 and 132 throughout the whole month, starting April at 132. Then suddenly, in the middle of April, the scales started to move and by mid-May, I was at 124 and a clothes size smaller.

Flossyliz, I'm trying not to let it get me down. I'm gonna stop weighing myself for a while. Thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate it.

On another note, I went shopping for shorts this morning and found that I can fit into a juniors size 9. . Yay for NSVs!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Flossyliz, I'm trying not to let it get me down. I'm gonna stop weighing myself for a while. Thanks for sharing your story. I appreciate it.

On another note, I went shopping for shorts this morning and found that I can fit into a juniors size 9. . Yay for NSVs!
Holy crapola!!! For real? THAT is amazing! I don't imagine ever being in a Juniors 9. LOL! Great job girl....remember THAT & not the evil, stupid, jerk-scale!!!

Good morning new judddsters! Ignore the scale & just keep doing what you're all doing. You will get there!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Holy crapola!!! For real? THAT is amazing! I don't imagine ever being in a Juniors 9. LOL! Great job girl....remember THAT & not the evil, stupid, jerk-scale!!!

Good morning new judddsters! Ignore the scale & just keep doing what you're all doing. You will get there!
Hear! Hear!!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Flutter, thank you! The scale doesn't tell the whole story...Now if I could just get my mind to believe that LOL. Slowly but surely....I'm getting there.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

MrsAndi - I think this is the perfect place to come if you are feeling frustrated When you come here you get great advice and it helps you and other people who are feeling the same way Your frustration and the help you got helps me for when I get close to my goal and have the same problem So thanks for posting your difficulty, and I hope you are getting through it Like Joyce Meyer says "I am not where I want to be, but at least I am not where I was". I think that is how she says it anyway
I hope to be where you are very soon. Hope you are having a good day today
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
MrsAndi - I think this is the perfect place to come if you are feeling frustrated When you come here you get great advice and it helps you and other people who are feeling the same way Your frustration and the help you got helps me for when I get close to my goal and have the same problem So thanks for posting your difficulty, and I hope you are getting through it Like Joyce Meyer says "I am not where I want to be, but at least I am not where I was". I think that is how she says it anyway
I hope to be where you are very soon. Hope you are having a good day today
Sunshinegirl44, I'm glad my posts can help. Didn't even think of it that way, honestly. And thank you for your kind words! You're right! I'm definitely happy not to be where I was - thanks for bringing that to my attention.
My day is going pretty well. Can't complain too much LOL. how are you? Happy it's friday?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

Oh thank you Yes I am having a great day and I am glad you are doing better I am so glad I could help. I know I have had my down days of being so frustrated about weight So I just hate to see when some one else is having a hard time Your advice helped me too and it is great to feel happy, isn't it
Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Flitter Flutter Coconut Butter! My, my, girlfriend! One pound from goal!!!!!! Can we all yell "awesome"!!! We've got another JUDDD Rockstar on the brink of goal!!!!

Kimmie

Old 06-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh thank you Yes I am having a great day and I am glad you are doing better I am so glad I could help. I know I have had my down days of being so frustrated about weight So I just hate to see when some one else is having a hard time Your advice helped me too and it is great to feel happy, isn't it
Sunshinegirl44- glad you're having a great day! I'm stoked that it's Friday I plan on having some fun this weekend. And yes it is awesome to feel happy ....
Old 06-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Yeah! Yeah! one pound away!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #358
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebop
Stats: 171.8/169.6/145 5'3" 48 yrs
Start Date: 6/4/13
Quote:
Cindy, have you been drinking already? Thanks sweet pea! Love ya! (you, too, sweet LCG!)

beebop, listen to the other gals! DO NOT REDUCE THOSE NUMBERS!!! I tried to do that after going down about 20-25ish#, thinking that I was supposed to. Big mistake! I had to go back to my original UD/DD numbers to start losing again. Don't change what works girl! (plus, you get to eat more, woohoo!!)

sunshine, yep, try to get super close to the UD numbers, just like the others are saying. I used to have problems doing that, too. Find some higher calorie treats you love and add some in! Plus it makes you feel like you're splurging on your "diet".
Thank you Flutter! you're a great encouragement for how far you've come in your journey!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #359
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Beebop
Stats: 171.8/169.6/145 5'3" 48 yrs
Start Date: 6/4/13
Quote:
Yeah! Yeah! one pound away!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
way to go Flutter!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #360
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, Flutter, I feel the happy dance coming on!
Closed Thread