Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ohcmb
Stats: 205/191/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2014 Restart
I guess I wasn't the only one that over indulged. I was so strong Friday on my DD. I wasn't the least bit tempted. Sat at a bar with my boyfriend sipping water while they drank beer.

Saturday was a pretty good UD.

Sunday I woke up knowing what the day had in store. We were supposed to head to a brewery with my boyfriends brother. Going to the brewery is my favorite thing to do and I haven't been in a very long time. I pretty much decided I wasn't having a DD even though I knew I could get through the day.

Up some pounds today and starting fresh with a DD today..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
That's the way to do it. Bet you are right back on track now.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Went to a wedding this past weekend and I overindulged for two days straight! I'm up to 160.8 this morning, but I'm sure that will go away in a few days. Here are a few pictures. I bought a shrug to go over the dress, but it was over 100* so I never ended up wearing it. It's nice to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to go sleeveless! I'm still toying with going back to WLM for another 10 pounds, but haven't decided just yet. I'm doing my best to give maintenance a good LONG time to "set" before I start messing around with things again.
You look great!!! I can tell DH is losing well too. Love the dress, and Kiera's adorable.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/108/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Went to a wedding this past weekend...It's nice to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to go sleeveless! I'm still toying with going back to WLM for another 10 pounds, but haven't decided just yet. I'm doing my best to give maintenance a good LONG time to "set" before I start messing around with things again.
You look shapely, elegant and beautiful. What a super dress and it suits you so well. Kudos for your lovely family photographs.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Hi everyone!

Dawn, you look amazing! I loved the style and color of your dress and you did not need a shrug! What a lovely family!

I am going for my first dress fitting tomorrow. I've lost 10lbs since I bought it in Nov right after I finished HHCG. I tried it on the other day and they will need to take it in around the waist a bit for sure. I'm hoping at least an inch on each side. Also the bodice since I've lost in my chest. I've not had a great May losing 2.6lbs but at least I lost something and I had extra UD's. I really wanted to be a down to 145 by the wedding and I have 6 weeks so I am hoping I'll make it but we have a week vacation in Colorado mid June.

A question for you: Do you all think if I lose 5 or 6 more pounds after tomorrow that it will make that much difference in how my dress fits? I've lost 1in in my waist since I started JUDDD .5 in my chest. I'm thinking it won't make a huge difference but thought I'd get your opinions.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #36

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Thank you everyone! It was a fun day.

Vicki, I'm trying to remember how many pounds I lost between my "last" fitting and my wedding, and I think it was probably around 10 pounds, in 2 weeks (my grandmother died and I was under a huge amount of stress during that time, so even though I was dieting, that loss was more stress-related). I had to have an emergency alteration done two days before, because those 10 pounds made a really big difference in the way my dress fit. I was right around 200 pounds the day of my wedding, so even at that weight, 10 pounds made a difference.

What type of bodice do you have? I know if you have the corset/lace-up type, you can get away with some fluctuation, but anything really fitted might be an issue.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Dawn, WTG! You look absolutely stunning in that dress. Your DH is looking wonderful, too! I am so happy for you and for your family! Do you ever have to pinch yourself that this is really real??

Kimmie
Old 06-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Dawn, are those pictures of success, or what? You guys are a great looking family. Thank you for sharing them with us. I know you and DH must be so proud of your accomplishments!

Phyl
Old 06-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Went to a wedding this past weekend and I overindulged for two days straight! I'm up to 160.8 this morning, but I'm sure that will go away in a few days. Here are a few pictures. I bought a shrug to go over the dress, but it was over 100* so I never ended up wearing it. It's nice to feel comfortable enough in my own skin to go sleeveless! I'm still toying with going back to WLM for another 10 pounds, but haven't decided just yet. I'm doing my best to give maintenance a good LONG time to "set" before I start messing around with things again.
Dawn you look amazing, but I totally know how you feel. I'd really like to get under 115. I know it doesn't really show in clothes, but I have more of a belly than I would care to have. I also have been promising to give maintenance a chance, but I'm very mixed. I know I'm not being of help, but telling you that I totally relate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohcmb View Post
I guess I wasn't the only one that over indulged. I was so strong Friday on my DD. I wasn't the least bit tempted. Sat at a bar with my boyfriend sipping water while they drank beer.

Saturday was a pretty good UD.

Sunday I woke up knowing what the day had in store. We were supposed to head to a brewery with my boyfriends brother. Going to the brewery is my favorite thing to do and I haven't been in a very long time. I pretty much decided I wasn't having a DD even though I knew I could get through the day.

Up some pounds today and starting fresh with a DD today..
Special events do come up. Sometimes we can change rotations to adjust- other times we can't. If these times don't pop up to often they shouldn't effect long term progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickismc View Post
I am going for my first dress fitting tomorrow. I've lost 10lbs since I bought it in Nov right after I finished HHCG. I tried it on the other day and they will need to take it in around the waist a bit for sure. I'm hoping at least an inch on each side. Also the bodice since I've lost in my chest. I've not had a great May losing 2.6lbs but at least I lost something and I had extra UD's. I really wanted to be a down to 145 by the wedding and I have 6 weeks so I am hoping I'll make it but we have a week vacation in Colorado mid June.

A question for you: Do you all think if I lose 5 or 6 more pounds after tomorrow that it will make that much difference in how my dress fits? I've lost 1in in my waist since I started JUDDD .5 in my chest. I'm thinking it won't make a huge difference but thought I'd get your opinions.
It may make a big difference depending on the style of your dress and where the weight comes off. I remember the month before my wedding being so careful to try to stay the same weight. Ask the woman/man who does your fitting what they think.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Dawn, what a beautiful dress and you look amazing - I'm envious of your arms!
Your DH is looking good too and Keira's lovely as always.

Vicki, it's hard to say. My body changed shape last month, even when I didn't lose weight. I think Carly's advice is sound.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Vicki, I'm trying to remember how many pounds I lost between my "last" fitting and my wedding, and I think it was probably around 10 pounds, in 2 weeks (my grandmother died and I was under a huge amount of stress during that time, so even though I was dieting, that loss was more stress-related). I had to have an emergency alteration done two days before, because those 10 pounds made a really big difference in the way my dress fit. I was right around 200 pounds the day of my wedding, so even at that weight, 10 pounds made a difference.

What type of bodice do you have? I know if you have the corset/lace-up type, you can get away with some fluctuation, but anything really fitted might be an issue.
I wish the bodice was a corset/lace up type because it wouldn't matter if I lost more in my waist or chest but it is a fitted bodice. They should have my dress completed in 3 - 4 weeks so if they do need to take it in more I'd have 2 weeks and I doubt I'd lose any inches in that final 2 weeks. Other wise my dress is a tea length and it flares out from the waist so if my bottom half should luckily go down, it won't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post

It may make a big difference depending on the style of your dress and where the weight comes off. I remember the month before my wedding being so careful to try to stay the same weight. Ask the woman/man who does your fitting what they think.
I could always try to just maintain after tomorrow but I REALLY would like to lose more if I can because I know that 10 days we are away for the wedding and honeymoon I will not be JUDDING. I'll ask the alterations person tomorrow but I'm thinking that since my weight loss has slowed that I may only lose 3 or 4lbs, if that. But if for some reason I get stressed (I always lose when I am stressed) I might lose more not expecting that but I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post
[B]

Vicki, it's hard to say. My body changed shape last month, even when I didn't lose weight. I think Carly's advice is sound.
So your body changed shape, I'm guessing for the better when you were maintaining? I'll see what they say tomorrow at my appt. I had that happen after I finished my first round of HHCG but didn't realize it could happen now too. Are you exercising? I HAVE to start running because I have a 10K at the end of Aug. and I haven't been running.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
There are restrooms behind the consession stand so watching movies in your car for 4 hours isn't too bad LOL Most of the time they show 2 movies. Take a drive upstate and catch a double feature!
I use to love the drive-in. We lived in NJ but would go to Warwick, NY for the drive-in. Always a must when DH family from England came over.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:10 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Vicki, I hadn't really got to maintenance. My body changed shape (for the better) while I was still trying to lose a few more pounds. So while the scales weren't co-operating, my body was up to something good!

I'd upped my calorie allowances a bit, then I suddenly dropped a couple of pounds quite unexpectedly but it didn't have a drastic effect on how my clothes fitted. I can't exercise, so I've done all my JUDDD loss as a couch potato.

I'm sure you'll be fine - and better to have an inch of room than be suffering all day in a dress that's an inch too tight!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:31 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I think its the new prescriptions, but my legs are cramping so bad! The mornings are sore but ok, but by evening I could cry as I try to walk.

I would of figured I have been on all the new scripts for over a month now, I would be used to them. The leg cramping has just started in last week. I did add COQ10 to my new pill routine, I didnt have the cramping til then. But from what I read its suppose to help with energy and stuff so I dont think its that. I added banana's on UD's. But the legs are still painful! What else can I add or do...I was trying to ride this out but last night I got a charlie horse just from stepping over my cat! I think since no one is home, I might take a cup of coffee and soak in a tub full of epson salts and see if that helps here in a little bit.

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #45

Mine are better when I take Natural Calm. It's magnesium citrate.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Dawn,
Your photos are stunning! That dress is gorgeous. So is your family. Congratulations!!

Tanya,
Definitely make sure you're getting a good balance of all electrolytes. Potassium is important but so is magnesium and calcium. I don't know how all of the different meds they have you on might interfere with absorption and function of different electrolytes so you might need to increase ingestion. Potassium, magnesium and calcium all play roles in both the contraction AND relaxation of muscles. Cramps can occur from too little of all these. If they contract, they gotta relax too! Good luck - leg cramps are the WORST!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:56 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
My month is off to a rough start. I went to boot camp as usual yesterday morning and WOW.....my Plantar Fasciitis flared with a vengeance! I spent all day yesterday barely being able to walk. It is a lot better today, but still not good. I'm sitting here rolling my foot on a frozen water bottle. I've spent a small fortune on insoles, new shoes, gadgets, creams, you name it. I willing to try almost anything at this point. I wear a splint to bed to keep my foot flexed during the night and that helps, but I'm very upset that I can't do boot camp right now. I've been to a foot doctor and the only other thing to try is a cortizone injection and I'm NOT going there. I don't think the results are worth the pain from what I've read.

Ok...enough of my whining. Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry, disappeared yesterday.....entwined to you by Sylvia Day came out and I had to read it til it was done!! lol!! Love that series!!

I take magnesium, calcuim, and zinc (all together) supplement. I was thinking after I posted this, it might be the weather....its getting more humid (when its not artic that is) here and my fingers are swelling like mad, so maybe that is the issue too with my legs.

PA weather is just nuts.......goes from almost 90 to a freeze warning over night....it was upper 80's in April and lower 60's for June....as highs. Just hope this doesnt mean we will have 100's for summer when it finally gets here. We had to replant half our garden because it went from almost 90 for a high to 33 degrees on night. Crazy!

Lori, I just seen a i think it was Dr. Schols commerical that they came out with new shoe pads for people that work out and have shin splints, plantar facitis and so on.....I am thinking of checking it out....as long as its not $50 like the normal ones that are made for your feet. I see your in PA also....do you have a good feets store? They can fit you with work out shoes too...no sure the cost. But they specialize in all things feet!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Ouch, Lori, hope it starts healing!

Vicki, I tend to agree with Liz. I think up to a 5 pound loss may end up being just ease/wiggle room after a dress is properly fitted. The only alternative for you, really, is trying to have it altered planning on the loss, which could be a worry/pressure. If you decide to give up on losing for a while, for the sake of one dress, you may begrudge the event rather than being happy, and life is too short! What's the worst that could happen? You'd find yourself explaining : "Oh, I slimmed down a little since the fitting."

Wild turkeys - there are more and more around our area, so maybe I should write down that recipe in case of a gift, Tanya.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Lori- I have read some posts by people who have had relief from their plantar fasciitis(sp?) by walking BACKWARDS on a slow treadmill(carefully, obviously, and holding the rails). It seems worth a try if you already have access to a treadmill.

Enjoying wearing my new, SMALLER jeans today. I have tossed the two pairs that were too big on me. And I've pulled out some old skirts from the bottom of my shelf that were too small, and are now just right. Needless to say, I'm feeling very full of myself!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #51

Bet you do feel good Sirtain, how great.

So sorry you are in pain Lori. You do so well with your exercise it must be frustrating for you.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post
Ouch, Lori, hope it starts healing!

Vicki, I tend to agree with Liz. I think up to a 5 pound loss may end up being just ease/wiggle room after a dress is properly fitted. The only alternative for you, really, is trying to have it altered planning on the loss, which could be a worry/pressure. If you decide to give up on losing for a while, for the sake of one dress, you may begrudge the event rather than being happy, and life is too short! What's the worst that could happen? You'd find yourself explaining : "Oh, I slimmed down a little since the fitting."
Thanks for your input! Yesterday was my alterantion appointment and they are taking in one inch on each side at the waist and a bit more in the chest area. I asked them about losing more weight and they said I would be fine with a 5lb loss but if I lost more they may have to alter it further. I have an appt. on July 3rd to try on again so we'll see as that will still give me 3 weeks if more alterations are needed.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #53

So exciting Vicki. I think you are doing so well. We always have a number in mind I know, but your body is changing shape and where you want it, how good is that.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 60yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
OMG! Dawn, You look absolutely gorgeous and elegant! I too envy those arms! Your DH ain't looking half bad either!! Lovely daughter, altogether a lovely family!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #55

You all make me blush! Not that I mind.

DH is doing GREAT! I think he's down 145 pounds or so at this point and he's not quite 7 months post-op. (He doesn't stress about the numbers like I do.) He was handsome before, but now . . . rawr! We are both smaller now than we were when we started dating nearly 14 years ago. I lost an inch in height, so I think I'm going to measure him to see if he's still 6'3".

Vicki, you're going to make a stunning bride. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Lori, I'm sorry you're having pain.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
DAWN!!!!!!! Oh my, you are stunning!!!! I have goosebumps!!!!!!! WTG sweetie, I am giddy for you...and for your precious DH, too! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is SO COOL that you guys are making these changes together, too. <sniff> (happy tears!!!)

Vicki, are you over the moon with excitement yet?????? I hope you'll share pictures when your big day occurs! So happy for you!!!!!!!

sirtain, you go girl!!! I am elated for you!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn, ouch, you poor thing! So sorry that you're having leg cramps like that. I can't stand those things! I get them on my right foot a lot, lovely when it wakes you up. I hope you find a good solution hun!!!

Lori, know what that hideous plantar fasciitis before and know how horribly painful it is. How extra frustrating when you're trying so hard to up your exercise, too! Does the splint help at all? Ouch, I have sympathy pains for you & dawn both right now!!

Old 06-06-2013, 03:46 AM   #57

I feel guilty that I feel so good. Maybe it is eating the Dirt, lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

omgosh omgosh.....hubby on his way to Texas at the moment for a job interview!! This company wants to open a new branch in our area and hubby applied for branch manager. The guy called yesterday and said I will book you a flight can you be here tomorrow.....and off he went!! If the guy was willing to pay $1000 bucks to fly him down right away, I am gonna say the odds are great he might get the job!! They have been talking for a few days now. Then the guy sent an IQ test through email he had to take and as soon as he took it the guy was booking a flight!!!

Hubby said if he got this job, I can take the whole summer off and do stuff with the kids and then I can look for a part time job! He said I wont have to work full time and he would like that!!! well me too, but I wont tell him that lol!!! Fingers crossed!!! Didnt want to get to excited just incase, but weeeeeee!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Woohoo!!! Sounds very promising Tanya!!! Fingers & toes crossed!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Woohoo!!! Sounds very promising Tanya!!! Fingers & toes crossed!!!!
thank you thank you!!! Its gonna kill me all day wondering. Hes flight down is direct, he will land there around 11am then the flight home is connection after connection and he should land here at 12:05am tonight. He said he will call me once he hits chicago on the way home because there is an hour wait there before the connecting flight boards. So I wont hear from him til like 6 or 7pm! OMG!! lol!!
Closed Thread