Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #271
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
WB Shari! Sorry about all the stressful events you've been through lately, but it seems as though you've come out on top. I know you're happy with the new windows even if you did have to do the top floor yourself.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #272
Big Yapper!!!!

Thought I'd mention that I did talk to my doctor about my diet. In the buff. With a paper sheet barely covering my ass. She nodded and said, aha, when I finally said Intemittant Fasting (as opposed to fasting). She said, "As long as you're not ruining your metabolism by fasting too long [and it's obviously working for you], it's good."

Last edited by Librarygirl; 06-19-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
How great to get even lukewarm response to IF. That's great!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #274
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Shari I'm glad you are all safe and totally impressed by your home repair skills. If it can't be fixed with crazy glue I don't fix it
Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/156.7/145)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
Thanks, Cindy, Carol, *Cindy & Carly!! I am so happy to be back! *Cindy* it sure is nice when our docs are good with what we are doing as a way of eating. Mine couldn't be happier! He wants me to have labs before seeing me next time. Last labs were great! I just saw him last week & will go again in Sept. I told him that DH & I are going on a cruise next month & he hugged me! He & my oldest son are about the same age.....he's been our PCP for a few years & it feels like he is one of my own! lol! He advises DH & I to go on a cruise every year! I laughed; but, he was serious!! I wonder if insurance will pay for it since it's doctor ordered!??! NOT!! JK! Last cruise was 5 years ago & we left our DS in a nursing home. None of us were happy about that! Then, 3 weeks after we got back from our trip our DS became critically ill & needed 3 major surgeries in a 3 month period! Ack!! We spent 62 days out of 90 in the hospital that year. This time, we have someone who works with him in our home part time who is going to come in & stay with him! DS loves this young man! He's been with us for almost 2 years & his Mom has worked with our DS for over 3 years! They can spell each other if necessary! I think this cruise will be much more relaxed than the last one! We're going to Progresso & Cozumel! My DH is a diver; but, he is a bit rusty & won't be diving this trip. However, we both love to snorkel!!
Anyway.......that's a bit of an update from me. Goodness, I have a lot to talk about!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Shari I'm glad you are all safe and totally impressed by your home repair skills. If it can't be fixed with crazy glue I don't fix it
Carly, my DH is a huge fan of super glue!! I have to really watch him with that stuff!! LOL!! DH & I built our home ourselves 20 years ago from top to bottom(er....maybe that's from bottom to top?!) !! The only thing we didn't do is to sink & connect the septic tank!! I am getting way too old for this crap!! Next time....we hire someone to do it!

I’ve always wanted to be normal, but lately I’ve come to suspect that this is it.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Shari, I am SO GLAD you are getting away on a cruise and that you have wonderful help while you are away!!! That is so essential to you being able to unwind!!! Enjoy yourself, just like the doc ordered! Hehe!

LG, woohoo on your doc appt and getting the green light! (Not like you needed it, but ykwim!) lol
Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Melinda!! WOW!!! Look at you go!! You're so close to goal you can smell it I bet!! I am thrilled for you! Don't forget to post when you get there! We all want to celebrate with you! I'll bring the cake!!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari4 View Post
The only thing we didn't do is to sink & connect the septic tank!! I am getting way too old for this crap!!
pun intended?!?!?! haha!!!

Good mornign JUDDD BUDDD's.....been busy havent posted much!! nothing good weight wise to report anyways......lost the juddd magic and its so hard to find it again.............
Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
...Last labs were great! I just saw him last week & will go again in Sept. I told him that DH & I are going on a cruise next month & he hugged me!
Shari, I'm so pleased to see you back here.

Oh my, but you've been living some interesting times. It's long past due that you and your DH go on this cruise.

I'm beyond impressed that with everything that's been going on, you gained so little. You continue to be an example to us all.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #280
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Cindy so glad your Dr. approves. Its always great when they admit something is working for us.

Shari congrats on the house and the cruise. It sounds like you have everything undercontrol at the homefront. It sounds like all will be fine when you get home.

Melinda make that a up day and I will bring the home made ice cream for the cake HEHE!!! You go girl your almost there.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #281

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Tanya, I was just thinking about you. Please come back sweet lady, you know that the best place to find the JUDDD magic is right here, with us. We are the ones to cajole you gently (or kick you firmly) back onto the straight and narrow. You know you want this, and your life has taken so many good turns lately, with the exception of the early meno. This is your moment!

A cruise will be wonderful Shari. So well deserved. I think I want you GP, he sounds lovely.

Cindy, great news about the Dr's opinion. And about your colleagues respect for you on handling the hunger issue. (I know that was in another thread but it struck me that you should post it in the NSV thread?)

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks, Melinda!! WOW!!! Look at you go!! You're so close to goal you can smell it I bet!! I am thrilled for you! Don't forget to post when you get there! We all want to celebrate with you! I'll bring the cake!!
Awwww <sniff> Thanks sweet friend! You are making me teary! (in a good way!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post

Good mornign JUDDD BUDDD's.....been busy havent posted much!! nothing good weight wise to report anyways......lost the juddd magic and its so hard to find it again.............
You can do this, you know what to do! We love you & are here for ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post

Melinda make that a up day and I will bring the home made ice cream for the cake HEHE!!! You go girl your almost there.
I will send a note to the whoosh fairy & let her know we're waiting on her so we can party. She'd better work her magic for all our buddd's while she's here, too! PS: mmmm ice cream & cake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Tanya, I was just thinking about you. Please come back sweet lady, you know that the best place to find the JUDDD magic is right here, with us. We are the ones to cajole you gently (or kick you firmly) back onto the straight and narrow. You know you want this, and your life has taken so many good turns lately, with the exception of the early meno. This is your moment!

A cruise will be wonderful Shari. So well deserved. I think I want you GP, he sounds lovely.

Cindy, great news about the Dr's opinion. And about your colleagues respect for you on handling the hunger issue. (I know that was in another thread but it struck me that you should post it in the NSV thread?)
I am just going to go around following Kissa and posting the "good post" icon. Really. Whatever you say, Kissa, whatever post you're in.

Good morning all! I'm being lazy and still sipping coffee. I love summer!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
Absolutely!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
Shari, I'm so pleased to see you back here.

Oh my, but you've been living some interesting times. It's long past due that you and your DH go on this cruise.

I'm beyond impressed that with everything that's been going on, you gained so little. You continue to be an example to us all.

Thanks SlowSure!! Don't be impressed.....my DH & I decided years ago we're just a tad crazy to do the things we do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windygap View Post
Shari congrats on the house and the cruise. It sounds like you have everything undercontrol at the homefront. It sounds like all will be fine when you get home.

Thank you!! Since we're down to a month before we go, I'm letting myself get really excited!! Ice cream?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

What she said!!

I would share if you lived a bit closer!!

I agree........that's a great NSV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Awwww <sniff> Thanks sweet friend! You are making me teary! (in a good way!)

YW! You deserve a big celebration!! And just to keep things going well......I'm bringing a calorie free cake!!

You can do this, you know what to do! We love you & are here for ya!!!

So true!!!

I will send a note to the whoosh fairy & let her know we're waiting on her so we can party. She'd better work her magic for all our buddd's while she's here, too! PS: mmmm ice cream & cake!

I am just going to go around following Kissa and posting the "good post" icon. Really. Whatever you say, Kissa, whatever post you're in.

Some good words of wisdom come from those lips!! Thanks, Cindy!!

Good morning all! I'm being lazy and still sipping coffee. I love summer!

Enjoy it!! If you're like me, it doesn't happen often!

Everyone have a great JUDDD day! I know I will!(and it's a DD!)
Old 06-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Good to see you back Shari. What an adventurous rollercoaster your life has been! You've certainly earned that cruise.

LG, that's an above-average doctor!

Tanya, the magic is all around! Jump back in and we'll catch you!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #285

Tanya, you've had so much going on. Don't feel at all bad for taking a little break. We and JUDDD are here whenever you are ready.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #286

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are right LCG... But I miss Tanya...
Old 06-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #287

Me too!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

I am sorry you all miss me!!! Just busy in the yard......I love summer and its so nice not working at the moment....I can go out and enjoy messing with my flowers and rock walls and all the other fun stuff's I can get into!! As soon as hubby gets the vehicles figured out, I am gonna start looking for a part time job.....I love being home, but it gets boring too. I miss not having my own pocket money too!

Hubby is looking to get himself a new truck and then I can have my car back. Then hopefully he can get his old car road worthy again and we can give it to daughter to drive. She can get her license when ever but she is still nervous!!!! Hubby's car has the ABS light warning popping up on the dash and in turn made the service engine light come on. Now he said nothing is wrong with any of it, he has checked it all out. But as long as the service light is on, we cant pass emissions. I wish they would do away with that emissions sticker soon!!! It costs us more money in the long run every year! The light will come on for the stupidest things!!

I havent really been JUDDDing all that well. I try but I usually just say heck with it and eat. I think its like LCG said.....I need a break. Trying all this stuff to get healthy and make my blood work numbers look pretty for the end of July and its just stressing me out! Trying to keep up with running has been hard too so havent really been on a good schedule with it. My legs are still cramping like crazy. So I might only run 2 or 3 days a week but atleast its something. I figure for now, I will just take that break from all things related to weight, have a little fun, then look for a job and work on it all then! I can say I have been maintaining very well at the moment!!

I will try to check back in more! I have been saving up some money because I love the sims franchise and the next expansion pack for sims 3 comes out next week....and honestly when its a EP I want and cant wait for.....all I will do for 2 weeks straight is play that game day to night lol!!! Hubby is already planning around me next week lol!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey, Tanya, managing maintenance is no small feat! Good for you sweetie, especially with all you've had to endure lately. I am glad you're enjoying your time at home!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #290
Big Yapper!!!!

Tanya good to see you back here. Post often! Today is my 3rd DD this week. I'm doing 4:3 this week and next and then will decide what I'm going to do. I probably will do 5:2 for the first 2 weeks of July due to a few different things including my birthday, sister's birthday and 4th of July. Then I'm pretty sure I will 4:3 it for a while to see if 115 or so is doable. No really sure if it is and how I will look. Can always abandon the plan and go back to 5:2. When I did 4:3 for my first month of maintenance I lost 3 pounds. So that would be great. If I lost 8-10 pounds by the beginning of September I would be tickled pink!

JUDDD is very simple, very livable and very flexible. JUDDD allows weight loss and life to happen simultaneously.

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Tanya, summertime is a great time to take a break & plan what comes next! It's good that you know yourself & what you need! That's a big deal!!! It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate right now. My brain can only take in just so much before it turns to mush!! How about you? Please do come back as often as you can to see what's going on? And, good luck job hunting!!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Cindy you are SO BRAVE. It's hard to even sit comfortably in those paper gowns, and to think you talked to your dr about alternate day while wearing one. So happy for you that she was bright enough to know it's good for you.

Tanya, shhhhhhhh! We mustn't let my dd hear there is a Sims expansion pack coming out! (She probably knows) Dd just got University and she loves it and agrees with you about Sims. Oh, you'll find the JUDDD magic!

Smiling to think of Melinda stalking Cindy while holding the good post placard! (Although it is deserved.)

Shari how wonderful to have good lab work. Make copies! LOL

Nice to meet you, windygap!

BIG NEWS (well - purse-sized big news) for adi and BabsBabs and all who agree with us about the DD help from chewing gum! Extra has added a new flavor to their dessert line - Raspberry Vanilla Cupcake! I saw it today at the register at Tarjay. Asked for help finding ANY more in the store - nada! They had only gotten in a few boxes of the singles of small packs for the register area, nothing else, and I got the last two small packs they had. None in the regular gum section, but they say it should be replenished soon.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #293
Big Yapper!!!!

Whitlin, I'm afraid that gum would have me running to the nearest bakery to get the real thing! In fact, just thinking about it has me wanting to go to the bakery. Good thing it's 9 pm at night!

I've had a longish day at home...enjoyed relaxing and reading my novel that I am going to review (it was excellent!!!! Sorry it's already over now. ). I did a little housework too and played with my animals...stayed hungry almost throughout the day, which was majorly annoying and I'm very much looking forward to tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*
Old 06-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #294
Big Yapper!!!!

I haven't chewed a piece of gum since... Um, the '90's, but I want some of that yummy sounding cupcake gum. I may just be hungry since I haven't eaten in 25 hours. Getting ready for my bedtime snack.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Oh, that gum sounds sinfully yummy! I'm a sucker for cupcakesso i'm sure i will like it. Day 1of my 16 day vacation begins today! Not taking any trips except some day trips but i love just being lazy at home. I do plan on walking a lot and reading a ton of books! ( not at the same time lol)
Old 06-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #296
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet311 View Post
Oh, that gum sounds sinfully yummy! I'm a sucker for cupcakesso i'm sure i will like it. Day 1of my 16 day vacation begins today! Not taking any trips except some day trips but i love just being lazy at home. I do plan on walking a lot and reading a ton of books! ( not at the same time lol)
Enjoy! I know I could go for that type of vacation myself, but nothing of that sort any time soon. Rest, read and enjoy!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kismet311
Stats: 161/131/127
WOE: TOPS/Juddd
Thanks, Carly! I got up early today and already did 2 loads of laundry so I have the rest of the day to do some fun stuff. Might go on an outing with mom and sister tomorrow but they are so hard to cooridinate things with. If not, tomorrow will be another relaxing day for me!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Have fun, Kismet! That sounds lovely--16 days of relaxation.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:56 AM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlin' View Post

Tanya, shhhhhhhh! We mustn't let my dd hear there is a Sims expansion pack coming out! (She probably knows) Dd just got University and she loves it and agrees with you about Sims. Oh, you'll find the JUDDD magic!
Whitlin! I have them all!! Just love the sims been playing since sims 1 like 14 years ago!!!

The new EP is gonna be way awesome!!! Island Paradise........my sims can own boats, and ski jets, can live on house boats, own a resort, swim (and die) with sharks, and can you say MERMAIDS!!! They can also dive and explore underwater lots.......and on and on and on..........just way to excited!!

There is always a few EP's that get me really happy! The last one that started the squeeeeee in me was seasons!! Even thought I own them all!! Except I do not want the next one....its a time traveling one, and I like real to life game play...Think this will be the last EP I buy til sims 4 in March next year!!!

I have been already updating my world for the forums. Well havent decided if I will release this one or not. I usually make them for everyone to use, but I have spent a small fortune on EA items that I am adding them in for my use. I might say blah with it and just keep this update for me. I hate uninstalling and reinstalling just for others sometimes. Only because its such a pain!!

I just updated CAW and it allows lots over the water now, so I just made a beautiful 4 bed 3 bath home for my fave sim starters to live in and create little sims lol!!!

Yup gonna be 39 in like a month..........can you tell?????

Last edited by krow134; 06-22-2013 at 07:59 AM..
Old 06-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

I love games too, Tanya. I'm 49 lol. I never quite got into the Sims though I tried. I might need to revisit it. That sounds fun!
Closed Thread