Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,455
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I haven't, and neither has Dawn/KeirasMom. I wonder if some of us are non-responders for the epigenetic changes (eg, SIRT1 regulation) that the EODs confer on others?

Good And well done for the losses, too.
SS and Soren, do you respond to supplements the way others do? I do NOT and wondered if that may somehow be related to the lack of response to the SIRTs.

Although, Soren, I know you get a huge jolt from caffeine, and I don't, so maybe that's not relevant.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,780
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
SS and Soren, do you respond to supplements the way others do? I do NOT and wondered if that may somehow be related to the lack of response to the SIRTs.
No, I don't respond to the supplements. It was noticing that neither of us did, and noting the people who do, that likewise made me wonder about whether there's a sub-group of people who are non-responders to the expected genetic changes.

I'm almost completely insensitive to caffeine
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,455
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I enjoy coffee and tea, but I'm pretty much insensitive to it as well. I can have caffeine right before bed and not be affected. I will get a migraine if I have toooooo much though, but never jitters or energy.

However; I'm hypersensitive to ephedra products. I can't take cold medicines with ephedra or my heart races like crazy.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member
 
FairyWren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 464
Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
178 5/5 (Re-started JUDDD)
173 5/11
170 5/18
168 5/26 - 10 pounds down for May
166.5 6/1
163 6/9
161 6/19 (late weigh in after being away for the weekend)
159 6/22 (after an UD!)
157 6/30 - 11 pounds down for June, 21 pounds total
154 7/6
154 7/13
152 7/23

Well, two pounds down after the STS the week before so i'm pleased with that. That was my last weigh in as i'm away from scales from now until sometime in November!
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
7/15: 254 (return from 1 week in UK)
7/17: 251.8
7/24: 250.2
Awesome Soren, especially after a time away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
7/6 - 207
7/13 - 205
7/20 - 203

Wow, I feel a lot better about my losses when I write them down like this!
Great going, Piglet! Keep it up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyWren View Post
178 5/5 (Re-started JUDDD)
173 5/11
170 5/18
168 5/26 - 10 pounds down for May
166.5 6/1
163 6/9
161 6/19 (late weigh in after being away for the weekend)
159 6/22 (after an UD!)
157 6/30 - 11 pounds down for June, 21 pounds total
154 7/6
154 7/13
152 7/23

Well, two pounds down after the STS the week before so i'm pleased with that. That was my last weigh in as i'm away from scales from now until sometime in November!
Awesome twosome ! Good for you! Can't wait to read about your successes sometime in November, too!
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,370
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
I haven't, and neither has Dawn/KeirasMom. I wonder if some of us are non-responders for the epigenetic changes (eg, SIRT1 regulation) that the EODs confer on others?
I seem to get the benefits from Sirt1, like the appetite suppression and the calm. But the weight loss, no, although I did a few years ago when I first tried JUDDD. And last year just before having surgery. No benefits from supplements no matter what they are (biotin for hair, CLA, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I'm just happy if I lose weight. I haven't noticed other health benefits, but hey, losing weight comes with a slew of current and future health benefits, so I'm ok with that
I could care less about the IF'ing benefits if I could just lose weight!!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sorenkkg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 4,574
Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
SS and Soren, do you respond to supplements the way others do? I do NOT and wondered if that may somehow be related to the lack of response to the SIRTs.

Although, Soren, I know you get a huge jolt from caffeine, and I don't, so maybe that's not relevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post

I'm almost completely insensitive to caffeine
Um, so, caffeine. Ya. Too much will kill me, I'm sure of it. I think it's also a matter of getting used to it (like a frog in hot water) but I just don't have it that often anymore. I was thinking I should start some green tea again on DDs...

Supplements-- well, medicinal, yes. Like potassium really helps with my leg cramps, but magnesium only made me poopy
I take biotin for hair, and am just *hoping*.
I take CLA b/c sometimes I think it works, so, that's enough for me. Same with pteroblue (though I'm wondering if that's my headache issue this week, or is it the weather...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I can have caffeine right before bed and not be affected. I will get a migraine if I have toooooo much though, but never jitters or energy.

However; I'm hypersensitive to ephedra products. I can't take cold medicines with ephedra or my heart races like crazy.
I'm ok with cold stuff (you mean with pseudoephedrine, etc).
My cousin who has thyroid issues, isn't allowed to take it, so maybe for you it's related to your thyroid stuff? Dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post
Awesome Soren, especially after a time away!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I seem to get the benefits from Sirt1, like the appetite suppression and the calm. But the weight loss, no, although I did a few years ago when I first tried JUDDD. And last year just before having surgery. No benefits from supplements no matter what they are (biotin for hair, CLA, etc.).

I could care less about the IF'ing benefits if I could just lose weight!!!!
When I was really in my JUDDD groove, I also got the appetite suppression and a sense of calm. I'd like that back, please
__________________
--Soren
New Blog post: Sweet Potato Souffle and Calamity Story http://justforkit.blogspot.com/2013/...-calamity.html

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,807
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Well, I went back up, but I'm not too worried. It was even higher mid-week(due to a cookie incident), so this 176.5 is looking good.

Here are my numbers, monthly since I began, and weekly for the last month:

202.0 3/5
195.0 3/30
188.0 4/27
185.0 5/25
181.5 6/30
177.5 7/6
177.5 7/14
174.5 7/20
176.5 7/28

I love how, when I started, I would just see one or two numbers, and somehow feel like it wasn't certain, the whole thing might be a fluke. Now I have so much weekly and daily data, that it is too much to handle. I've had to do just monthly numbers! This is a solid trend, not just a fluke! Yay, JUDDD! And next month, when I drop my July weekly numbers, it will still be showing a very impressive five pound from June to July.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #189
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,712
Gallery: cici52
That is a really respectBle month.

Week one -8 (flu)
Week two -1 (there was a whole lot of bouncing throughout the week.)

I am adding The Metabolism Miracle to my tool belt. Not sure it will work with rotations. Hope it is okay to hang out here. Their thread is inactive.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,807
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Excellent, Cici. So sorry about the flu.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
7/6 - 207
7/13 - 205
7/20 - 203
7/27 - 201
piglet513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,807
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
I'm seeing a trend there, Piglet!
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #193
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
I'm seeing a trend there, Piglet!
I'll take this kind of consistency any week!!!
piglet513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,056
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
I weighed exactly the same as last Monday which was my first day

161
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,370
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
When I was really in my JUDDD groove, I also got the appetite suppression and a sense of calm. I'd like that back, please
I've got it, but the weight just ain't coming off. I think I'd rather have the reverse!

I think I'm going to give something else a try. I've come back to JUDDD over and over again only to get nowhere. I lose those 3-4 lbs., then nothing. I've been counting on both days and it's just not happening. I don't think it's JUDDD - I think it's just my body. I think I'm going to try something I saw on one of the other boards the other day. A mix of WW/LC/5:2. Maybe my body needs extreme mixups!

Most all of you are doing great - keep it up. Or .. down!
__________________
-vanilla



Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,780
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
I weighed exactly the same as last Monday which was my first day
161
Adi, one of our successful maintainers, lost nothing at all during her first 2 or 3 weeks on JUDDD. Thereafter, she turtled along, dwindling little by little, until she reached her maintenance.

So, always a little bit irritating when that happens but it doesn't necessarily mean anything for the longer term.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #197
Senior LCF Member
 
piglet513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 151
Gallery: piglet513
Stats: 214/199/130 5' 3 1/4" 34 yrs old
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 6/17/13-Atkins. 7/6/13-JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I've got it, but the weight just ain't coming off. I think I'd rather have the reverse!

I think I'm going to give something else a try. I've come back to JUDDD over and over again only to get nowhere. I lose those 3-4 lbs., then nothing. I've been counting on both days and it's just not happening. I don't think it's JUDDD - I think it's just my body. I think I'm going to try something I saw on one of the other boards the other day. A mix of WW/LC/5:2. Maybe my body needs extreme mixups!

Most all of you are doing great - keep it up. Or .. down!
Vanilla, I hope you find a WOE that works for you!
piglet513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
I've got it, but the weight just ain't coming off. I think I'd rather have the reverse!

I think I'm going to give something else a try. I've come back to JUDDD over and over again only to get nowhere. I lose those 3-4 lbs., then nothing. I've been counting on both days and it's just not happening. I don't think it's JUDDD - I think it's just my body. I think I'm going to try something I saw on one of the other boards the other day. A mix of WW/LC/5:2. Maybe my body needs extreme mixups!

Most all of you are doing great - keep it up. Or .. down!
Vanilla I am so sorry things are not going so well right now. I find a lot of inspiration in the experiences of LowCarbGal, Librarygirl, Adi etc who have had some long times where not a lot of weight loss was happening, but then eventually it got going for them. Some of us (me included) have have highly evolved metabolisms (I am putting a positive spin on it ) that can run on a very few calories, so we lose much slower because our bodies readily adapt to lower calories. Could your calories need adjusting by any chance? Could you stick it out just a couple more weeks? I would so hate to lose a JB! Big
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Gallery: Macci
I have been weighing myself every 7 DDs, so two weeks.

June 5 225
June 17 219 (-6)
July 2 214 (-5)
July 16 211 (-3)
July 30 209 (-2)

16 pounds in 2 months. Thank you JUDD!
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtain View Post
Well, I went back up, but I'm not too worried. It was even higher mid-week(due to a cookie incident), so this 176.5 is looking good.

Here are my numbers, monthly since I began, and weekly for the last month:

202.0 3/5
195.0 3/30
188.0 4/27
185.0 5/25
181.5 6/30
177.5 7/6
177.5 7/14
174.5 7/20
176.5 7/28

I love how, when I started, I would just see one or two numbers, and somehow feel like it wasn't certain, the whole thing might be a fluke. Now I have so much weekly and daily data, that it is too much to handle. I've had to do just monthly numbers! This is a solid trend, not just a fluke! Yay, JUDDD! And next month, when I drop my July weekly numbers, it will still be showing a very impressive five pound from June to July.
Looking great, Sirtain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
That is a really respectBle month.

Week one -8 (flu)
Week two -1 (there was a whole lot of bouncing throughout the week.)

I am adding The Metabolism Miracle to my tool belt. Not sure it will work with rotations. Hope it is okay to hang out here. Their thread is inactive.
Glad you are feeling better, Cici and on those losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet513 View Post
7/6 - 207
7/13 - 205
7/20 - 203
7/27 - 201
Way to it, Piglet! Keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbo View Post
I weighed exactly the same as last Monday which was my first day

161
Hang in there, Barbo-- as others have said, sometimes it takes time to get it going.

to all
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #201
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,712
Gallery: cici52
All kinds of success happening here. WTG! Barbo, Diane Kress talks about those of us who lose in a spiral pattern instead of stepping down. She recommends putting the scale away and weighimg monthly.

Last edited by cici52; 07-30-2013 at 03:37 PM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,704
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
273.6 7/24
271.2 7/31
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!
 
b_lou_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: heaviest 200.4
Posts: 1,858
Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
7/31 179.8
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Gallery: Macci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
273.6 7/24
271.2 7/31
Way to go Jenmay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
7/31 179.8
Off to a great start, b lou!
Macci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
SlowSure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London/Herts UK
Posts: 3,780
Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110 HW 168
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macci View Post
16 pounds in 2 months. Thank you JUDD!
Nice, Macci KUTGW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
273.6 7/24
271.2 7/31
Good result

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
7/31 179.8
I was reading an older thread the other day and thinking I hadn't seen you in a while
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!
 
Jenmay78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,704
Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/236.6/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Thanks everyone! I am thrilled with this WOE. It's fun!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sirtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: DFW area
Posts: 1,807
Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
Here we go. My numbers since March, monthly and weekly:

202.0 3/5
195.0 3/30
188.0 4/27
185.0 5/25
181.5 6/30

177.5 7/6
177.5 7/14
174.5 7/20
176.5 7/28
174.0 8/3

Feeling good. I don't know if I will make my Labor Day Challenge Goal(170), but I can see I have a good shot, and that things are progressing steadily. I like it.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,712
Gallery: cici52
Week one -8
Week two -1
Week three +2
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Barbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southern Ca. San Juan Capistrano
Posts: 4,056
Gallery: Barbo
Stats: 225/155/136
WOE: Low Carb Diabetic Plan
Start Date: August 2005
aWWWW SHUCKS

Right back where I started.

8/5 161 I don't understand? I am doing what I am supposed to do.

I got to 159.5 last week and now up again after a down day.
Barbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!
 
cici52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,712
Gallery: cici52
Barbo, love your blog/recipe site. Weighy loss is not linear or even regular steps here. More like spiral for a lot of folk.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.