Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   How many times can we say how much we love JUDDD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/805156-how-many-times-can-we-say-how-much-we-love-juddd.html)

Flutter 05-31-2013 06:00 PM

How many times can we say how much we love JUDDD?

;)

I was busy today and couldn't eat much this UD. How horrible to "have" to have 6 slices of thin crust pizza, 2 cocktails, and still have 2-300 calories left one must eat? :hyst::rofl: sometimes I think I am going to wake up from this beautiful dream, and then I pinch myself and realize I'm really awake!!! :heart: plus, I have fabulous pals living the dream with me!!!!! :love: Love you all!!!!

Flutter 05-31-2013 06:01 PM

Ps, I can add chocolate and I still have 200 more cals! Holy crap!

Librarygirl 05-31-2013 06:13 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:Yes, it's wonderful!!!!:love: I have had a pretty good DD too, now that I'm eating a bit more.:o Even having a glass of wine instead of more food lol. Sounds like you had a lovely UD!!:hugs:

Flutter 05-31-2013 06:17 PM

Bahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!! I love DDs of a cocktail or two. Shhhhh! It's brutal trying to lose weight.... ;)

I am so glad you have found your "sweet spot"fr kicking the evil scales into gear sweet LG!!! Even better you can eat MORE!!! :heart:

Carly 05-31-2013 06:20 PM

Yup, JUDDD is the best thing since sliced bread and on JUDDD you get to eat bread, too! (...and pizza and cake and chocolate and ice cream and oh did I mention pizza?)

Flutter 05-31-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly (Post 16449172)
Yup, JUDDD is the best thing since sliced bread and on JUDDD you get to eat bread, too! (...and pizza and cake and chocolate and ice cream and oh did I mention pizza?)

And even all on the same day!!!! :hyst:

KeirasMom 05-31-2013 07:36 PM

I'm currently having my post-dinner cocktail and still have 400 calories to burn. I'll find a way! :heart:

LoCarbGal 05-31-2013 11:24 PM

How many times? NOT ENOUGH! It really does seem like a dream sometimes, doesn't it? Finished off a nice down day with a juicy, sweet peach and some sweet cherries (which would have been unheard of in my LC days!). I think this summer is going to be MUCH more enjoyable, what with the DD cold feeling and being able to have all the yummy seasonal fruit, corn on the cob, etc.

Thanks for this post Melinda! It's nice to be reminded of how heavenly this WOE really is.

Yennie 05-31-2013 11:44 PM

Oh, sweet corn! We had our first round of sweet corn the other night. YUM!!! Hubs is from Iowa so he's a little obsessed with his corn...And even he had to admit our WA sweet corn was as good as the stuff he'd get back "home".
I've been wearing my rings now for almost a solid week. They were even bouncing around when I ran tonight. Yay!!!

Kimmietoo 06-01-2013 04:36 AM

Melinda, thank you for this post! JUDDD is AMAZING! I just love how we are all able to enjoy what we want, without any guilt! And you guys are so terrific I am almost glad I am fat! :hyst:

Kimmie

Librarygirl 06-01-2013 06:34 AM

Kimmie! I had to laugh at that!:laugh::laugh::laugh: :D:cool:

shirlc 06-01-2013 08:02 AM

I hate to admit this but I've been off-plan a lot this month...lots of house guests...cooking for them and eating everything. Yesterday had a great DD...I felt fine all day...not deprived at all. Today I weighed in at 132 and I am VERY happy with that. Gotta love JUDDD!!!! :jumpjoy:

calichris 06-01-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimmietoo (Post 16449544)
Melinda, thank you for this post! JUDDD is AMAZING! I just love how we are all able to enjoy what we want, without any guilt! And you guys are so terrific I am almost glad I am fat! :hyst:

Kimmie

:hyst: Kimmie, you are so cute. That made me laugh. :D

I was thinking the other day about how amazed I am that JUDDD has become so ingrained in what I do and that I've been doing it for so long ... and I'm still going strong. It is truly a lifestyle. I was with another person trying to lose weight (but only 5 pounds or so) the other day, and we were going out to dinner in a group, and she said, "Well, if I'm going to blow my diet tonight I might as well go all the way (and order dessert)." I felt kind of sorry for her, because I had that dinner without blowing my diet ... it was in the plan. :up:

I was just thinking the other day about some of the great things JUDDD has taught me ...
- to value quality for calories and choose carefully (is this item worth the calories it is? I was so mindless about this before).
- to understand that I can have anything and still lose weight ... just not everything all the time.
- a WOE that allows you to participate in fun and celebrations that involve food is much more sustainable than one that doesn't
- "real" hunger vs. habit/appetite
- fasting can be fun and actually feel good and be healing to your body

etc etc etc. :)

Flutter 06-01-2013 10:58 AM

Yep, seriously great stuff here people!!! I love hearing how great everyone is doing and all the fabulous things about JUDDD! Today I saw a new low flash on the scale, after that crazy used to be illegal food fest UD. How is that possible on a "diet"??? <happy sigh> of course, I didn't believe the new low after the crazy UD, so had DH hop on, then I did again and got my previous low. Still great after UD and maybe the whoosh fairy will be here soon!

Again, lots of love to all my peeps and our lovely plan and community!!!

Flutter 06-01-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16450056)
:hyst: Kimmie, you are so cute. That made me laugh. :D

I was thinking the other day about how amazed I am that JUDDD has become so ingrained in what I do and that I've been doing it for so long ... and I'm still going strong. It is truly a lifestyle. I was with another person trying to lose weight (but only 5 pounds or so) the other day, and we were going out to dinner in a group, and she said, "Well, if I'm going to blow my diet tonight I might as well go all the way (and order dessert)." I felt kind of sorry for her, because I had that dinner without blowing my diet ... it was in the plan. :up:

I was just thinking the other day about some of the great things JUDDD has taught me ...
- to value quality for calories and choose carefully (is this item worth the calories it is? I was so mindless about this before).
- to understand that I can have anything and still lose weight ... just not everything all the time.
- a WOE that allows you to participate in fun and celebrations that involve food is much more sustainable than one that doesn't
- "real" hunger vs. habit/appetite
- fasting can be fun and actually feel good and be healing to your body

etc etc etc. :)

:heart::heart::heart: yes to all that!!!!

I just love hearing everyone's perspective and what JUDDD has taught them! Yay!

Flutter 06-01-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Kimmie

So sweet you are!!! :heart::heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlc (Post 16449744)
I hate to admit this but I've been off-plan a lot this month...lots of house guests...cooking for them and eating everything. Yesterday had a great DD...I felt fine all day...not deprived at all. Today I weighed in at 132 and I am VERY happy with that. Gotta love JUDDD!!!! :jumpjoy:

Isn't that a great thing? I love knowing I can go on vacation, or have events, etc, and even if I do gain a bit, it comes off super quick with a DD or two! Very I empowering!

oglalagirl 06-01-2013 12:26 PM

Restarted JUDDD/LC on Monday down 10# Wahoo!
I have some injuries to my feet and legs staying LC lets me walk without extreme pain.
Love JUDDD/LC No hunger no pain!!!
oglalgirl

MagicBeth 06-01-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oglalagirl (Post 16450161)
Restarted JUDDD/LC on Monday down 10# Wahoo!
I have some injuries to my feet and legs staying LC lets me walk without extreme pain.
Love JUDDD/LC No hunger no pain!!!
oglalgirl

Fitfllps have changed my life. Sometimes I could barley walk. Took a couple of weeks until I had no pain at all. It has been gone for over two years now. I still wear all there shoes.

Beth

MagicBeth 06-01-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Kimmie

:hyst:

bkm 06-02-2013 08:01 PM

Love reading this thread - I'm still having trouble eating carby food, yet it looks like it really is possible! I so want to enjoy an occasional dish of real ice cream ...

Tomorrow morning I'll find out how several days of somewhat poor eating has affected my weight - company and lots of running around.

Hmmm - I'm thinking maybe fresh corn on the cob later this week - after a couple of DDs - wow, I find it hard to believe that I might be able to enjoy some high-carb food!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

bkm 06-02-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicBeth (Post 16450340)
Fitfllps have changed my life. Sometimes I could barley walk. Took a couple of weeks until I had no pain at all. It has been gone for over two years now. I still wear all there shoes.

Beth

I wear FitFlops around the house, walking shoes with doctor-prescribed orthotics, and Dr. Weil's Orthaheels (some really cute sandals that feel good!).

I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes really help! Take a look at the Orthaheels - they are made just for foot problems ...

stephdray 06-03-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Kimmie

HOWL

laceylady 06-03-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkm (Post 16452108)
I wear FitFlops around the house, walking shoes with doctor-prescribed orthotics, and Dr. Weil's Orthaheels (some really cute sandals that feel good!).

I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes really help! Take a look at the Orthaheels - they are made just for foot problems ...

(SIDEBAR -- I, too, have suffered with plantar fasciitis so I know your pain. I wear Skechers -- the "roley-bottom shoes" is what I call them -- rounded sole. I find the weight hits in the arch area, where it is so well-padded that I don't feel any pain in the plantar fascia area. Maybe this idea would work for others experiencing the pain. OK -- sorry for the interruption!)