Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My Higher DD Calorie Experiment (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/805059-my-higher-dd-calorie-experiment.html)

Librarygirl 05-30-2013 05:05 AM

My Higher DD Calorie Experiment

Since last Thursday, 5/23, I have been trying higher calorie DDs. Most have been over 700, with yesterday's being over 900!!! I was at 184.8 on 5/23 (after giving up *again* and just eating without doing DDs...discouraged and feeling like I will never stop losing and gaining the same few lbs), and at 178.8 today. :) I have gone down almost every day, and even after my last UD.:eek: I really thought I was going to have to give up on JUDDD because I knew I was not over-eating, but was second-guessing myself because the scale was saying differently. Then I saw where Chris and LCG were LOSING doing higher DDs, and I thought, what have I got to lose? About 40 lbs.:laugh::laugh: Anyway, it's early and I'm inarticulate.:p The point is, higher DDs are working for ME.

I just wanted to share some GOOD NEWS for a change!!! Thank you all for supporting me, and for believing in me.:love::heart::shake:

MagicBeth 05-30-2013 05:13 AM

I think that is great. I have been following your post's and am so glad it is working for you. (not following in a creepy way, more curious)

Beth

ohcmb 05-30-2013 05:23 AM

thats great! This is good to know for future in case I need to make my own tweaks. I am on day 2

tobelowcarber 05-30-2013 05:29 AM

So happy to hear this, Cindy :up::clap::up:

Flutter 05-30-2013 05:34 AM

This is just the best news EVER!!!!!! I am so beyond tickled for you Chiquita!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO flippin HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I need details, though! Are you sticking to the calculator UD numbers? I need to tell my neighbor! (who can't do low DDs and gave up trying the plan)

Thanks for sharing and huge kudos sweetie!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :heart:

Whitlin' 05-30-2013 05:49 AM

LoCarbGirl and Christina, pats on the back to you both - you knew the right advice at the right time. :high5: :high5:

Cindy, I popped in here expecting a little good news for you and found a lot :weigh: 6 pounds with losses each day? This shake-up was exactly what you needed. Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefulsweigh 05-30-2013 05:55 AM

So happy for you!!! :jumpjoy:
Finding that "sweet spot" is working for you!!!
YAY!!! EAT!!! :p

krow134 05-30-2013 05:55 AM

WTG Cindy!!!

Maybe this is what I need too. I am just so blah about getting back into JUDDD......mainly because I am hungry and just havent been able to do a DD right in about 2 weeks! I might have to try this too!

Carly 05-30-2013 05:59 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: I am so thrilled for you!!!!

Librarygirl 05-30-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flutter (Post 16446559)
This is just the best news EVER!!!!!! I am so beyond tickled for you Chiquita!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO flippin HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I need details, though! Are you sticking to the calculator UD numbers? I need to tell my neighbor! (who can't do low DDs and gave up trying the plan)

Thanks for sharing and huge kudos sweetie!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :heart:

I am doing about 2000 +/- a few hundred on UDs. The only thing I've really changed are DDs. I don't know if it's because I have been JUDDDing for so long and needed a change or what...I don't know if it would have worked all along.:dunno: It's certainly worth trying, for anyone--new or old to this WOE, if you are unable to eat low DDs or stalled and have tried everything else. I think higher DDs are better than not trying this WOE, for your friend.:love:

Whitlin' 05-30-2013 06:27 AM

Just remembered I meant to say "nice to meet you" ohcmb and Beth. No, not creepy. We follow each other around all the time. :laugh:

Flossyliz 05-30-2013 06:40 AM

:jumpjoy: Cindy, I'm so happy for you! :jumpjoy:
I'm glad you've found something that's working. :up:
:clap: You've persevered with the plan and deserve the success! :high5:

KeirasMom 05-30-2013 06:47 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

SlowSure 05-30-2013 06:56 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy::eek:
So pleased you've found what is working for you.

Kimmietoo 05-30-2013 07:00 AM

:high5:Wonderful news, Cindy!!! WTG!!:high5:

Kimmie

zipp2play 05-30-2013 07:02 AM

I have never done the TRUE DD's as described by Johnson. It simply doesn't work for my body to go that low. Functioning at work and home is something that I can't/won't compromise.

deedee 05-30-2013 07:25 AM

This is wonderful news! It's so good to see people experiment and figure out what is right for them. I'm thrilled you found the way to make JUDDD work for you!

Librarygirl 05-30-2013 07:51 AM

Thank you very much, thank you.:thanks: All of your support has been invaluable to me.:hugs:

I do want to say that I *could* have continued to do lower DDs. In fact, I could have gone lower than 20%, without too much trouble. I didn't start eating higher DDs because I couldn't function on less food, but because it wasn't *helping*!!!:dunno: Happily, I get to eat more and my body seems to like it.:up:

LoCarbGal 05-30-2013 08:30 AM

I'm so so so glad this is working for you! It's so counter-intuitive, but somehow it works! Plus, it's a nice break. I really feel that when I'm ready to - and need to - get my DDs back down, I'll be ready to do it having had the break. I realize my body needs a shake-up every so often. It really does "catch on" and try to level things off.

Happy for you girl!

Kissa 05-30-2013 08:39 AM

This is simply the best news I could have read today. I am just so chuffed for you Cindy, it has been tough for you I know.

Enjoy that extra yummy food.

Lori_:) 05-30-2013 08:59 AM

How wonderful Cindy! :up:

I'm so glad you posted this as I have been having trouble sticking to my DD calories and have been at more like 600-700 on DD's. I'll stop stressing about going over and keep my fingers crossed that it works as well for me as it is for you! :aprayer:

rosejim 05-30-2013 08:59 AM

So glad you found what works for you!

Goner 05-30-2013 10:18 AM

Congratulations on sticking with it to realize what your body needed! And thanks for sharing.

calichris 05-30-2013 10:55 AM

:yahoo: :jumpjoy:

As Cindy mentioned, I've had good results with this too. I lost fairly well on 20% or less for over six months, then had an unexplained slowdown for about three months, during which I was stepping up the effort and trying for lower DDs. I increased DDs from 400 or less to about 700 as a break and started losing well again.

My observation from this is that 1) different people have different DD numbers that work for them, from very low to higher; 2) If you have tried a DD percentage for a long enough time to tell that something is off and you are not getting the (realistic) results you think you should, try another percentage; 3) the percentage that works may change over time!

Hope this helps somebody out there. :)

Librarygirl 05-30-2013 01:32 PM

What I kept hearing, Chris, or what I *thought* I was hearing was, You're over-eating on your UDs and you're going to have to do 0 DDs or close to it, or you will never lose...at least that was what I was telling myself, and I knew I couldn't go to those extremes and stick with this WOE. More power to those that can!! So I felt hopeless and kept re-committing to getting stricter and stricter. Then I saw your post.:hugs: I'm so happy that I went ahead and tried it!!!!:clap::clap:

LiLi914 05-30-2013 04:57 PM

Awesome Awesome Awesome! So excited for you Cindy. :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

gotitnow 05-30-2013 05:32 PM

Reading this made my day Cindy! :kicking::kicking::kicking:

Phyl:heart:

Mamatomany 05-30-2013 07:10 PM

That is awesome :) So glad you found something that is working...It is hard to work so long for no reason :( Sounds like you just needed to switch things up. Good job!

stephdray 05-30-2013 07:21 PM

This is awesome, and I really suspect that the key to JUDDD is not consistency, but keeping your body in perpetual confusion. By going up to higher DD calories you have shaken things up. Moreover, is it possible that the higher DD numbers are resulting in lower UD numbers?

sorenkkg 05-30-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deedee (Post 16446728)
This is wonderful news! It's so good to see people experiment and figure out what is right for them. I'm thrilled you found the way to make JUDDD work for you!

Ditto ^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by calichris (Post 16447097)
:yahoo: :jumpjoy:

As Cindy mentioned, I've had good results with this too. I lost fairly well on 20% or less for over six months, then had an unexplained slowdown for about three months, during which I was stepping up the effort and trying for lower DDs. I increased DDs from 400 or less to about 700 as a break and started losing well again.

My observation from this is that 1) different people have different DD numbers that work for them, from very low to higher; 2) If you have tried a DD percentage for a long enough time to tell that something is off and you are not getting the (realistic) results you think you should, try another percentage; 3) the percentage that works may change over time!

Hope this helps somebody out there. :)

:goodpost: im trying it now. Was doing 400 but with all the traveling, its hard.we shall see!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephdray (Post 16447847)
This is awesome, and I really suspect that the key to JUDDD is not consistency, but keeping your body in perpetual confusion. By going up to higher DD calories you have shaken things up. Moreover, is it possible that the higher DD numbers are resulting in lower UD numbers?

Interesting, Steph :confused: