Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
Moreover, is it possible that the higher DD numbers are resulting in lower UD numbers?
Everyone's different, and I can't speak for Cindy, but if I was going to make a theory based on just me and my experience I think there might be more to it than this. In March, I stalled on lower UD and DD numbers. In April, I stalled on slightly higher UDs and very low DDs (this month was the worst loss of all), in the beginning of May I lost a little with three day rotations, but my losses didn't start moving again until I raised the DDs with no intention of losing weight for a bit. My loss this month will be the highest since my first full month of JUDDD back in August 2012, and it cannot be explained by fewer UD calories. I don't know what to attribute it to, but there it is.

That being said, I do think the higher DDs make UDs easier for me. I can't even remember blowing a DD. Once in a long while I'd purposefully do a higher percentage DD, but 99% of DDs have been 20% or lower. Sometimes it was easy, but often it did take some mind over matter and some repetition of the "I can eat tomorrow" mantra (that is so effective). Still, the very low DDs did sometimes give me a slightly desperate feeling on UDs. Not bad, and I wouldn't have complained about it, but it's interesting that it's gone now.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
YYYYEAAAYYYYYY I am soooo happy to read this!!!!! I am so glad you found something to get things moving for you again!!!!!
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Fantastic! I had a massive headache and felt like I needed something else to eat today DD so my day ended on 1000 calories and headache has died down so maybe now I can sleep. I have only been on juddd for almost 3 weeks but my weight has been the same bouncing for 6 days now I believe with someone as large as me I should still be seeing weight loss( at least that's the way I feel) I don't expect dramatic high losses but I do think 2 pounds a week is not asking a whole lot, I love the way juddd makes me feel! And I read some other people gained on their 3rd week... So at the very least these post have gave me a little hope that if I do need a higher down day now and then that is okay
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jdforshort
Stats: 221/171/140, 5'4", 61yrs
WOE: Atkins/PPower/Mod Carb/JUDDD
Start Date: LC 3/23/12, JUDDD 6/2/12
Chris & Cindy This is the best news guys! I am going to sit down and look at my "none or minimal loss months'" calories too! I am afraid I can't do below 500 either. My numbers are supposed to be 1661/332 with little or no exercise! I do walk briskly for couple of hrs at least 3-4 times a week.
jdforshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicBeth
Stats: 240/213.6/150
Start Date: May 5, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarygirl View Post
What I kept hearing, Chris, or what I *thought* I was hearing was, You're over-eating on your UDs and you're going to have to do 0 DDs or close to it, or you will never lose...at least that was what I was telling myself, and I knew I couldn't go to those extremes and stick with this WOE. More power to those that can!! So I felt hopeless and kept re-committing to getting stricter and stricter. Then I saw your post. I'm so happy that I went ahead and tried it!!!!

I was on the same thought pattern. Confused myself so much searching forums buying 3 new IF books, writing pros and cons list.

I will get there, find my way with it because I really want to. Still just trying to find how to make JUDDD work best for me.

Beth
MagicBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deosil
Stats: 290/221/138 & 5'6"
WOE: Induction (Paleo), JUDDD & IF w/BPC!
Start Date: Jan 11 2013
Congratulations! This is awesome news!
It is really hard for me to wrap my head around eating more and losing better but it obviously works.
Deosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
It was hard for me too Deosil. I know that the idea of "starvation mode" has been ridiculed, and I'm not sure that was what was happening, but I obviously was not eating enough for my body. Over time I could have kept to 20% or much lower and would have lost the weight that way too (maybe). Although the body hangs onto fat stores as long as possible, it does eventually give it up and you can "starve" yourself thin. So, I think it might have been at the risk of losing some of my metabolism as well, if I hadn't begun eating a little more. Just some of my thoughts on this, and certainly not scientific or even necessarily true lol.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

"In every triumph there is a lot of try."

"Have the courage of your desire."
*Cindy*

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-31-2013 at 05:52 AM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdforshort View Post
Chris & Cindy This is the best news guys! I am going to sit down and look at my "none or minimal loss months'" calories too! I am afraid I can't do below 500 either. My numbers are supposed to be 1661/332 with little or no exercise! I do walk briskly for couple of hrs at least 3-4 times a week.
I think you do a lot of exercise and that could mean that your calorie needs are different for losing than a person who isn't as active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deosil View Post
Congratulations! This is awesome news!
It is really hard for me to wrap my head around eating more and losing better but it obviously works.
Me too. I don't quite get it. But let me just tell you my stats, starting with my first full month on JUDDD of August 2012.
August: -7.8. Plan: 500 cal DDs (this was 20% for me at the time), not counting cals on up days
September: -4.3. Plan: Same, but realized I needed to start counting up days.
October: - 6.9 . Plan: 500 cal DDs, counting up days by JUDDD calculator for weight
November: -5.6. Plan: same
December: -5.2. Plan: same, but did not do rotations for 1/2 week at Christmastime while a houseguest.
January: -2.1 Plan: JUDDD light ... bit of diet fatigue, loosey-goosey with counting. Deserved this smaller loss!
February: -4.7 Plan: Same as October
March: -4.4 Plan: kicked it into high gear! recalculated calories, lowered carbs, exercised more, sometimes was eating 200-300 less than no exercise UD number). Comment in month: "doing better than I ever have with calories and exercise and the sale is not doing much."
April: -1.6. Plan: New strategy ... trying "light exercise" UD numbers, very low DDs. Worst results ever.
May: -6.7 Plan: first two weeks, 3 day rotations, -1.7. Second two weeks, Higher DDs (35%), -5

I was scared to actually raise my DD calories. I only did it so my body would lose better once I got them down again. ha! I know this may not be the ticket for everyone, but I am so (in a good way) that I keep talking about this (I hope not too much) in case it helps someone else who is stuck. I am eating more calories than in March, April, or May and losing way faster. It makes no sense, but I'm going with it for now!

Last edited by calichris; 05-31-2013 at 12:34 PM..
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Beautiful.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
YAY!!!!!!! I'm so glad you got the scale movement you were hoping for!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Thanks, Everyone. I went a little overboard last night with a second 900 cal DD. Not surprisingly, I only went down a lb, and am now 1.4 over my new low. Time to rein it in some, but I'm going to keep it at 600-700 for another week at least to track my progress.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
This is so great reading this thread!! I was one who couldnt do that potatoe hack. I am very much going to start trying this tomorrow...... Today is an UD..... I am so glad to see you all finding things that work!!! I went back and looked at my old charts and when I was doing 500-700 calorie DD's I was losing. But when I do the no calorie DD's I stall out too. Thank you all for sharing your success's!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote