Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Oops - 4 day food fest (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804881-oops-4-day-food-fest.html)

TryingJudd 05-27-2013 11:51 AM

Oops - 4 day food fest

Well the last four days have been a family, friends and food fest. No regrets. I had a blast, ate everything and anything I wanted. Sipped fine wine in restaurants with a decadent pasta dinner and drank sugary drinks on the beach, grilled ribs and ate ice cream and had birthday cake (lots of it) with DH. So four days when I ate without regard to the nutritional or scale impact. Kind of like I envision that "normal" people exist without obsessing about every ounce of food intake. I am staying off the scale for a while and will get right back on track tomorrow. Hopefully I can face the scale in a week without wincing!!!

How did you do on the holiday weekend? Better than I did - I am sure LOL!!!

desertgirl 05-27-2013 12:00 PM

My kids got out of school on Friday and my middle daughter had recital this weekend (she's a competitive dancer) - so we were sooooo busy. I barely had time to scarf my UD calories on Thursday and Saturday - so darn busy.

I was worried about getting through yesterday on my 200-ish calories because I had to work the recital from 8:30 am until almost 10pm last night. I did get very hungry and ate over my calories (by 150), but I still woke up to a 1 lb loss today. UD today, so I'm saving all my calories for tonight. We're doing fajitas on the grill. :yummy:

Yennie 05-27-2013 04:49 PM

Good for you, a taste of normal life! The best thing is that if you are up a bit on the scale, a few DDs will solve that problem!!

Flutter 05-27-2013 04:54 PM

Today was my first DD that turned in to an UD because of desserts at a holiday party. I can relate! I am glad you had fun and as yennie said, a few DDs will take care of any artificial gains!!!

deedee 05-27-2013 07:13 PM

I did nothing but eat this holiday weekend! Ate a big breakfast, BBQ for lunch with cake and all the fixings. Took a long nap, woke up and ate some more! Looking forward to tomorrow's DD to help take care of this. Will probably not step on the scale for a few of those because I think it'd be depressing.

LoCarbGal 05-27-2013 10:19 PM

I absolutely went overboard yesterday! It made me mad because I did fine all day, then had 2 glasses of wine and that was it for me. I had to have spoonfuls of peanut butter, and a fudgesicle, and some nutella, and strawberries. But today I wasn't hungry AT ALL. Not all day. That never happens. I've learned to ignore my hunger, but I have it, at least some moments during DDs. I closed the day out at 266 calories today - the lowest I've ever gone. So I'm hoping that atoned for some of my sins yesterday. At any rate, just getting back on normal rotations will do the trick over the next several days.

Yennie 05-27-2013 10:22 PM

But, see, that's perfect evidence for the argument of going into your DDs well nourished! Not that I'm advocating wine & strawberries & peanut butter on every UD (Ha! Yes I am! If only!!!) but you fed yourself well, and had a hunger-free DD as a result.
Something good came from it. As you say, onward & downward!!

Scarlett46 05-28-2013 05:57 AM

I went overboard 3 days in a row! 2 of them were DDs... and I ate pretty much nothing, and then ate up all my calories and then some at dinner. I enjoyed some things I haven't had in a long time though! And spending time with family is always good!

Fortunately, the scale damage this morning isn't too bad! As long as I get right back on good rotations I think it will all work out. Only 2 weeks until my Florida vacation, and I don't plan on counting ANYTHING while I'm there!

Alstudham 05-28-2013 09:53 AM

My parents dropped in for an impromptu visit on Friday. So I too had four days of food bliss. We went out, baked, and drank. Kinda funny that my weekends are usually very lazy and uneventful, since starting JUDDD three weeks ago two of those weekends have been crazy. So today is a new day and I'm back to rotating.

bkm 05-28-2013 02:48 PM

Beach picnic yesterday - ate more than I should have, particularly some carby food that I'm not used to (potato salad, tortilla chips, bun for bratwurst) ... Up a pound this morning but am doing a DD today. I managed to turn down sugary drinks ( frozen margaritas) and cake - they didn't seem all that appealing, guess I was full by then ... I am working on recognizing hunger vs. appetite, not as easy as it ought to be ...

LoCarbGal 05-28-2013 03:36 PM

Hunger vs appetite - it's the eternal question for me too, Bonnie. I've learned a lot about appetite since JUDDDing, but it still creeps up on me from time to time. I imagine it will be a lifelong thing I have to remind myself of. But as my mom always says "If that's the worst thing you have to deal with, then count yourself lucky!" Yes, Mom....

LivinTheDream 05-30-2013 08:00 AM

I have been trying to get back into rotations ever since my 4 day food fest, but I haven't had a successful DD since last Thursday. I was doing well yesterday, but then I got some bad financial news, so decided to drown my sorrows in a bottle of wine. And ice cream. TOM is also right around the corner, so I've been having ridiculous carb cravings. Needless to say, yesterday was not a good DD. I'm trying again today; I really hope this one sticks.

Has anyone else had a long weekend like that throw their JUDDDing off? My plan is to get back on my rotations again by Sunday since it will be a normal 2 day weekend. It's just frustrating, I feel like such a failure, and the scale is telling me that too :(

Goner 05-30-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinTheDream (Post 16446926)
It's just frustrating, I feel like such a failure, and the scale is telling me that too :(

I always think we're our own worst enemies when it comes to belittling ourselves. :hugs: A failure you are NOT! It's exactly at the times when we derail for whatever reason, that we need to treat ourselves with kindness and love. If a BFF told you she went off her eating plan for a few days would you call her a failure? Please don't do it to yourself. :hugs: Brush yourself off and think positive! :heart: It works!

My favorite quote: Trouble is unavoidable. Misery is optional. :heart:

Mad4Chillas 05-30-2013 09:30 AM

My memorial day weekend turned into memorial day WEEK. Getting back on the wagon today...damage on the scale is bad, but hopefully its mostly just water weight. I doubt I ate over 25,000 calories in a week :eek:

TryingJudd 05-30-2013 11:22 AM

ugh - struggling today again. Had a nasty client encounter and I headed straight to the chocolate!! I did great on Tues and OK on Wed. Maybe I can salvage today by stopping eating by mid afternoon and making it an IF window at least. Just not feeling it this week ....

AndyBFK 05-30-2013 03:48 PM

4 days isnt bad. I just had 16 days of total over indulgence!!! Yeah, yeah, I was on an amazing trip of a lifetime, but did I over do it or what! But luckily am only up a few lbs. I think because we walked exhaustively everyday (touring Europe and Russia). It took me a good 4 days after getting back to get back into rotations. And I'm not gonna lie, a root canal the other day is probably what helped me easily get back into DD's. It's hard when we overindulge but I will say for me it's a lot easier than going back to strict low carb and dealing with Atkins flu and the cravings that come with that.

Kismet311 05-31-2013 04:00 AM

I only went to one bbq on Sunday before Memorial day but the rest of the weekend I was just not very careful about what I ate. I don't know why holidays make us think it's ok to stretch them out to a whole weekend/week LOLOL I had 1 good DD and 2 MDs with the rest IHNID (I have no idea days hahahaha). I still lost about half a pound at weigh in yesterday but obviously I could have done better.

Carly 05-31-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16448172)
I only went to one bbq on Sunday before Memorial day but the rest of the weekend I was just not very careful about what I ate. I don't know why holidays make us think it's ok to stretch them out to a whole weekend/week LOLOL I had 1 good DD and 2 MDs with the rest IHNID (I have no idea days hahahaha). I still lost about half a pound at weigh in yesterday but obviously I could have done better.

...but, you are getting really close to goal! :jumpjoy:

Kismet311 05-31-2013 01:54 PM

Yes! I am close and i can tell it wont be easy to get there. I. Only lost 1.8 lbs in may and have to really increase my exercise. Im hoping the Fitbit i ordered will motivate me to do more.

Yennie 05-31-2013 11:27 PM

If you don't mind, please post what you think about your Fitbit. I'm tempted but I don't want to pay the monthly fee that comes with those programs. Unless yours doesn't in which case I'd love to hear about it! I have a Garmin (no HR monitor though, its old school, like 2006) and Nike Run on my SmartPhone - all great for distances, times, etc but I'd love something that actually monitors ME!
I have a friend with a BodyBug and she is a very frugal friend. But she thinks its worth it to pay the fee for the info so maybe I need to suck it up and do it. UG!

Kismet311 06-01-2013 04:47 AM

You probably have to pay a fee if you use a program of theirs or something but i wont. I am hoping it comes today so I will let you know!

Carly 06-01-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16449583)
You probably have to pay a fee if you use a program of theirs or something but i wont. I am hoping it comes today so I will let you know!

I'm interest too. I have 2 pedometers, but I don't even think they even accurately count steps :annoyed:

Kismet311 06-01-2013 08:25 AM

I have a cheap one to use for now but it counted 40 steps when i walked my dog so i know it is not at all accurate.

Yennie 06-01-2013 09:37 AM

Thanks, I'm super interested. I want the calories burned more than anything else. I think it would be interesting to know that, and calculate cals in/cals out and see how that corresponds to weight loss, etc.
So I'll be interested in knowing if you can get that info off it without paying for it. I can work Excel and make me a mean spreadsheet all by my lonesome...I don't need to pay someone $10/month to generate a fancy pants graph for me.
Which style did you get?

Kismet311 06-01-2013 10:58 AM

Well, it came in the mail today! They sure named it right. The FitBit is a TINY BIT OF A THING LOOL I thought it would be bigger. I have it clipped to my bra right now and am downloading the account set up to sync my information to the computer. There is no charge for this! I will let you know how it goes using it today. I am not a techie so I might have my hubby help me later when he gets home!

DeltaBigBoy 06-01-2013 01:45 PM

All the main features are free. They do have a premium service. I don't remember what it was about, I just remember I didn't think it was worth it. It was some sort of trainer or something. I have the Ultra(old model) and love it. Only thing I don't like is that it has to be plugged into the computer to charge and sync. The new models are capable of syncing wirelessly thru Bluetooth.. I just ordered the Zip this morning so I can sync with my iphone and ipad wirelessly plus it uses a replacable(4-6 months) battery so it doesn't need a computer at all. I very rarely even turn my computer on anymore except to sync the Ultra.

There are a couple of websites(earndit & everymove) that u can also sync with the fitbits and other various pedometers and earn points towards rewards or charitable donations.

Kismet311 06-01-2013 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info DeltaBigBoy. I do like that it syncs wirelessly. I hope the batteries are not too expensive.

DeltaBigBoy 06-01-2013 01:52 PM

Could even start a JUDDD group on the fitbit website to motivate(Hold accountable:up:) each other!

Kismet311 06-01-2013 01:54 PM

Awesome!

DeltaBigBoy 06-01-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kismet311 (Post 16450387)
Thanks for the info DeltaBigBoy. I do like that it syncs wirelessly. I hope the batteries are not too expensive.

CR2025 looks like $1-$2 bucks.

The zip doesn't do sleep or stairs but I found I didn't use those features anyways.