Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Demonica
Stats: 210/164.9/150
WOE: Stillman's
Start Date: February 2010
Lightbulb moment for me

I think I finally figured out why I have such a hard time sticking with ANY woe. It's actually pretty simple: fear. See, every time I have REALLY started to like something food or drink wise, BAM! They stop making it. Around Christmas time a few years ago, Pepsi came out with Holiday Spice pepsi. I fell in love with it: they don't make it anymore. Jello pudding pops....they don't even make generic pudding pops anymore, at least not that I can find around my area. There used to be this heavenly lunch meat that I absolutely loved called Macaroni and Cheese Loaf. Can't find it anymore. This also includes restaurants. I loved Chi Chi's: chain went bankrupt. There was this mexican restaurant here in town called Pedro's: Moved to a little town in Ohio. So I went to that location a few times, till the time I went to take DH there for dinner so he could find out himself about their amazing burritos: GONE, out of business This one place here in my town that was very similar to Applebee's called Garfield's. They had the world's best chimichangas. Gone, closed up and moved out overnight. So now, even though I know I can have my faves from DQ and Frisch's eod if I want them (depending on calorie counts of course), I have this deep ingrained fear that my favorite places are going to close up and I'll never be able to have my favorite treats from there again, so if I don't go there and get my faves whenever possible, I'll never be able to get it again. Seriously wanting to get over this obstacle.
~~~
Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog
~~~
Your great granny's granny had a term for healthy food...she called it food

Last edited by Demonica; 05-26-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Demonica is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Shelly_S
Stats: 225/174/155 5'2" 45yr
WOE: 2/1/13 Shangri La (225lb); 3/13/13 JUDDD (215 lbs)
Start Date: 3/13/13 - 28 weeks on JUDDD - 41 lbs gone/51 total
I understand your frustration. I lived in NYC for many years and ate favorite foods that I was unable to find in ANY other city... until I became an expert at tweaking recipes... For example, the only Chicken Tikka Masala I've ever loved was on 108th and Broadway in NYC and then I found a place who made the same recipe in Albuquerque but now I'm in Atlanta and nothing compares. I found a recipe online, gathered my spices, and tweaked it and wrote every shake and pinch down until I had it figured out! Now I NEVER need to go hunt for what I love; I just make it. In fact, because of the Internet people post recipes like "just like Chi Chi's burritos" all the time. Even if you are not a stellar cook, if you follow a mock recipe, you can get close. Just a thought...
Shelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
I think it's better to buy quality ingredients to make favorite meals/treats for yourself. That way, you know it's always available if you have the calories, and probably much better for you! My problem with restaurants is that there are too many of them, too many choices, and way too many calories in most items.
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I guess I would encourage you to try not to be fearful and enjoy things when they are available, but know that if one thing is no longer available something new and great will surely come around the corner. We live in a country where food choices are plentiful and likely always will be. I've had favorite things that are no longer around, but that lead me to branch out and find other great things. I think the tips about trying to create some of these things at home are good, because you can control the size and the ingredients.
75.8 lbs were evicted in less than 14 months!
Called goal on 2/5/13 at 126.8. I can wear size 4P!

See my before and after pictures
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ore-after.html
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Hey demonica--I think I know where u live lol, there is a Garfield's in Anderson by the mall, I haven't tried it so I can't say if it was as good as the original one.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote