Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I need HELP!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804728-i-need-help.html)

tartbubby 05-24-2013 07:18 AM

I need HELP!!!

We are going to a Mexican Restaurant tonight and Im not sure what too get. I am on a UD so I know I shouldnt worry to much but I want to stay with in my calories. If anyone can help me out that would be great!

Thanks

LoCarbGal 05-24-2013 07:28 AM

Rhonda, I think a taco salad or fajitas might be your best bet. When I was LCing I used to get the taco salad in the bowl made out of tortilla and just not eat the tortilla. That in itself could still reduce the calories a bit. Fajitas are yummy and really just basic non-fatty ingredients. For me, it's the yummy sour cream and guacamole that gets me. And the rice and beans. Oh boy, now I need Mexican food! Good luck, and most important, enjoy it!

krow134 05-24-2013 07:55 AM

My only advice is to skip the chips and salsa on the table........you can get carried away and 1000 calories gone before dinner!!!

Carly 05-24-2013 08:00 AM

I love Mexican, but I definitely fast all day before we go for Mexican, because I want to enjoy the chips and salsa. I also always only eat half (or less) and bring the rest home.

LCG's 2 choices are probably the lowest cal options.

b_lou_who 05-24-2013 08:05 AM

I'm no help. Mexican means a binge for me. Chips with beans and salsa. Margaritas. Chile rellenos. A pound of cheese. NOM

KeirasMom 05-24-2013 08:30 AM

I second the fajitas rec. Depending on where you go and what they have available, I sometimes get shrimp enchiladas with a green sauce and very little cotija cheese. It's not too bad calorie wise, and scrumptious! I eat half my rice, and get whole beans instead of refried and eat half of those as well.

sorenkkg 05-24-2013 09:04 AM

:goodpost: great advice here.

I'll chime in with salad, stick to chicken over beef or pork, avoid the guac and sour cream (or use sparingly) as those are high calorie items. Watch out with regular margaritas also-- sugar, alcohol, juice, all high calorie. Salsa/pico is ok, fish if available.

If you can look their menu up in advance online, then you can go to a food tracker and try to *estimate* what the food items would be, and plan it out :)

DeltaBigBoy 05-24-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 16438506)
Chile rellenos.

It doesn't get any better than this!!:agree:

Flutter 05-24-2013 11:57 AM

I just do the best I can with Mexican. We go out so rarely for it. I would fast all day then allow myself enough chips to not feel resentful and order what I wanted for dinner (which is normally fajitas anyways, or shrimp tacos, etc. Margaritas? oh yes...they are my favorites!

FTR, it's ONLY one day/night. You are doing really well. Even if you went hog wild, a few DDs later, you'll be back to where you started. Enjoy!

tartbubby 05-24-2013 01:33 PM

Thank you to everyone for your in put. I have only had 280 calories so far so. Im going to save the rest for dinner tonight. Im thinking taco salad with no guc,no tom, with cheese and sour cream on the side. and only eat the bottom part of the shell with a few chips.....I dont drink so that put dont bother me at all....I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best...Im trying to reach a goal by Tues for our 25th Anv, not so sure thats going to happen with TOM lurking in the wind.....

Again a Big THANK YOU for yalls in put.

Librarygirl 05-24-2013 04:40 PM

I hope you enjoy your dinner!!! 25th anniversary is something to celebrate (and have a goal for!)!! Congrats in advance!

tartbubby 05-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16439172)
I hope you enjoy your dinner!!! 25th anniversary is something to celebrate (and have a goal for!)!! Congrats in advance!

Thank you!:)

tartbubby 05-24-2013 08:23 PM

Well after worring all day long about how many calories for Mexican food my husband said he didnt feel like eatting mexican food. He works outside in the heat and he said it was really hot and he didnt think mexican food would sit right tonightl. So we went to Texas roadhouse, boy did that take a lot of weight off my shoulders....LOL

LoCarbGal 05-24-2013 10:37 PM

I can understand why he didn't want Mexican. And Texas Roadhouse is soooo good! Hope you enjoyed it.

Flutter 05-26-2013 08:07 AM

LOL! That figures, huh? Well, you have a plan for the next time you have Mexican anyways! Happy Anni and hope you had a lovely time out with hubs!