Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TuesdayBlue
Stats: 219/219/Size 10
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 07/03/2014
Newbie: 2 Week Check-In

Hello All. While I was lurking, I liked to read about results of newbies as well as the more experienced JUDDDers. So this is me checking in, especially for any lurkers out there that are thinking about JUDDDing.

I finished my first 2 weeks a few days ago and I have stuck to the plan. This is a FIRST for me. I have never truly stuck with a new WOE for more than a week. I will mark that down as my first success.

Second, I have lost 7.6 lbs. Yay!

Third, I feel great! The first 2 DDs were the hardest. By the 4th DD, it felt routine.

Fourth, my IBS symptoms have completely subsided. Don’t know exactly how or why, but it is AWESOME!

On my DDs, I am allowed 398 calories. To make things simple for me, I have one cup of coffee with splenda and half/half in the morning, then 2 protein shakes. One mid-morning and one late afternoon. I drink “detox” water throughout the day (2 liters of water with a cucumber, a lemon and 10 mint leaves in it). I don’t know if it really detoxes, but I like the taste.

I track everything I eat on my UDs. The first 2 UDs, I went a little overboard eating not the healthiest food and eating too much. By the 3rd UD, I had calmed down and focused on having “quality” calories and eating healthy, but enjoying my food and not feeling one bit of guilt about anything I was eating.
Again, that is new for me.

I noticed I really “taste” the food for the first time in a long time. Junk tastes like junk and good food tastes REALLY good.

I see no reason whatsoever to stop this WOE. I don’t feel inconvenienced. My husband is being supportive. For instance, he is the cook in the family, (I know, I am lucky!), so he plans meals around my UDs and “fends for himself” on my DDs. I know there will be times that special events/meals will not work with my schedule, but I will cross those hurdles as I come to them.

To recap, my first two weeks are a huge success for me and with each passing day, this WOE is feeling more like a normal part of my life.

Me=One very happy JUDDDer.
TuesdayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Congratulations on your success and following JUDDD as it was intended. You will be at your chosen goal sooner rather than later and will get to enjoy the fun of figuring out maintenance. Keep up the good work.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
Well done to you
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Congratulations on a successful two weeks! It sounds like you're loving JUDDD.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Hi TuesdayBlue!

You are rockin' this! Congratulations on staying on plan and seeing such wonderful results so quickly. Isn't it amazing having the health benefits that go along with this WOE kick in so fast?

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Fantastic results! WTG!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Goner
Stats: 184/158/157 restart 5-1-14 165.5/164/154
Start Date: May 2013
Thank you for sharing. I am finishing up my third week on this WOE and I agree with everything you said. I too have found a comfortable place with my UD and DD after a bit of a struggle and am excited that it fits into my life so well.

I'm very happy for you that your IBS cleared up. And you have a DH that cooks! Hang on to him! My DH is supportive, and would probably fend for himself now and then, but does not like to cook.

I look forward to further news about your JUDDD journey!
Goner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
You are doing great! KUTGW!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I love to hear this TuesdayBlue! It sounds like you've adjusted well, and for your losses! Fantastic! Also, the IBS thing is huge, and I'm so glad that's better for you. Keep posting - you can provide a lot of inspiration to those who follow.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Great news that you feel great and your IBS has improved! Bonus on the fabulous weight loss, too! yay you!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
I like that water, too, and also put a little grated ginger in mine to steep overnight. Very pleasant.

Hope your IBS symptoms stay gone. Even if they don't always stay gone completely, you know you are doing something good because you've witnessed that they subsided. That's wonderful. JUDDD can accomplish healing - well, I should say our bodies can accomplish healing when we offer our bodies the JUDDD rotations.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vickismc
Stats: 5'2" 198/147/140
WOE: HCG 5/2012-9/2012 Lost 40lbs JUDDD 3/2013
Start Date: March 12, 2013
Congratulations on a successful start to JUDDD! It really is a wonderful WOE and very forgiving!
vickismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I'd like to add my congratulations on your successes, and thank you for the lovely write up. I think its good for people to hear/read from a variety of successful JBs!
Welcome to this wonderful WOE! We're very pleased you posted.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misscobi
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 3/03 originally
Thank you so much for sharing your progress! I've just started JUDDD'ing after doing low carb forever (in earnest since Feb of last year). The freedom, especially today on my first up day, feels a bit crazy, but I'm enjoying it. I was ready for a change. I've done intermittent fasting in the past, so the concept makes sense. I'm just taking a leap of faith and hoping it all works out! I told myself I'd give it two weeks and then go back to low carb induction if I just can't make this work or if it doesn't agree with my body. So your 2 week report means a lot to me! Thanks again & good luck as you go forward with this WOE.
misscobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 37yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your progress! I've just started JUDDD'ing after doing low carb forever (in earnest since Feb of last year). The freedom, especially today on my first up day, feels a bit crazy, but I'm enjoying it. I was ready for a change. I've done intermittent fasting in the past, so the concept makes sense. I'm just taking a leap of faith and hoping it all works out! I told myself I'd give it two weeks and then go back to low carb induction if I just can't make this work or if it doesn't agree with my body. So your 2 week report means a lot to me! Thanks again & good luck as you go forward with this WOE.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Carly!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscobi View Post
Hi Tami,

I would like to add that, if you're reintroducing carbs, you might expect to gain a bit of water weight from restoring your glycogen stores. So prepare for that & take it into account when you consider your "successes" on JUDDD. Also, the ladies who have been at this for a while suggest giving it a month (unless, for some reason, you absolutely can't tolerate the ADF & have to bail). Some people don't lose in the first 2-3 weeks although that's not typical. Anyway, just a few things to think about.
Wishing you all the best!!!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you, Yennie! Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack Tuesday's thread! I appreciate the heads up on the glycogen stores & extra water weight, too. I've gotten that out of the way & am using that higher weight as a starting weight for JUDDD... which is 193, not whatever my siggy says I was wondering about the 2 week time frame as well. We have a trip coming up in 10 weeks, so I was thinking I'd give this a good earnest shot for two of those weeks, knowing I'd have 8 weeks to play catch up if this is a complete failure. lol. I'm really hoping I can make this work for me, though, because of course the trip itself would be much easier JUDDD'ing I may have to revisit that 2 week time frame in the future, but for now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping this is enough of a shock to my body to get the weight moving. We'll see....