Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Preparing for the inevitable...? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804710-preparing-inevitable.html)

Alstudham 05-23-2013 06:59 PM

Preparing for the inevitable...?

So Im only a few weeks into this WOE, and Im enjoying it so far. Ultimately I know that I have a relatively small amount of weight to reach my goal but given the last few years of experience these last few 10-15 lbs have been a bleep if you will. I know im never going to have a week where I loose more then a lb, or at least thats what Im telling myself as to not disappoint.

Since Ive been lurking here for a while I know that there will ultimately come a stall. Ive seen a lot of posts about ways to shake it up so ive been playing with the numbers in preparation. I thought Id post my thoughts to see what other people thought or if it wouldnt make sense. And although Im not to that point yet I also thought if it did make sense maybe it could work for someone currently stalling.

Since its all supposed to be about keeping your body guessing, and Ive seen people throwing a MD into their rotations, I thought well what if we added other kinds of days as well.

So if I were to be on a regular day to day CR diet my calories daily would be 1139 (500cal/day deficit) I used that as my baseline to come up with my math. So what if I did a rotation like this

UUAD 2356 cal
Total fast day 0 cal
UD 1700 cal
DD 500 cal
MD 1217 cal
UD 1700 cal
DD 500 cal

I dont know. Let me know what you guys think. :o

Happy Juddding

KeirasMom 05-23-2013 07:13 PM

There are calorie cycling plans out there similar to this, though I don't think any of them go quite as low as your lower days. I wouldn't necessarily call that JUDDD, but it would probably work, and I think you'd still be keeping the SIRTs active if you did the regular EOD rotation to get them going initially.

I was a strict advocate of EOD, by the book rotations for WLM, and am only now playing with mixing things up (other than the ocassional maintenance break) now that I'm in maintenance. I say, work the plan, as written for a while before making any changes or tweaks. You may be one of the lucky ones (there have been several) who thought it would take forever, and they ended up following JUDDD straight past their goals and had to find a way to slam on the brakes!

Shouldn't we all be so lucky? :D

Yennie 05-23-2013 09:08 PM

I guess I, personally, would not worry about it until it happens. I've been JUDDDing since Jan 21, lost 30# and have yet to stall. So that seems like a whole lot of work for something that hasn't happened yet and might not happen since you don't have as much to lose as I did/still do.
Just my opinion, you are, of course, welcome to do with it what you will.

texas_child 05-23-2013 09:17 PM

Oh good, someone else who has about the same goal as me (10ish pounds) :high5:
Yes, hopefully this is just quick, smooth sailing. I too am not expecting more than a pound a week.

I'll echo everyone else in saying just try the regular rotations and see what happens:)

Alstudham 05-23-2013 10:54 PM

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I fully intend to continue Juddd rotations until/if I hit a stall. Thought maybe it'd be an idea for someone in that predicament. I know by reading so many stories on here that this WOE works but there's no harm in having a back up game plan :D

adillenal 05-24-2013 04:41 AM

Think positive and have patience. EOD works just fine.