Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AndyBFK
Stats: 321/309/220 (JUDDD 2013) 325/313/225 (JUDDD 2014)
WOE: JUDDD/LC
Start Date: JUDDD 04/01/13 & again on 03/24/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Oh, how cool, Andy!! I actually live more over in the Lutz area but I drive to Tarpon to go to this clinic (and the beach of course! ) I wish I lived there, though -- I LOVE it. The town is so cool, the beaches and parks are awesome -- and, omg, the FOOD. Wow -- I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there. If you like Greek food (and who doesn't?) -- it is heaven.
I actually went to Tarpon middle and high school. It is a great area. My family and friends are a little farther south in Clearwater/St. Pete and Tampa now. But I love to go home and visit! The greek food is amazing, but so is the seafood. I must eat grouper every other day when I'm down there!
AndyBFK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anonymousity
Stats: 193.4/182.8/125
WOE: Stillmans.Yeah, its a D-I-E-T!
Hi all,
I have unbalanced hormones, too, and my GP wants me to go on BCP. I told her "no thanks, I don't want synthetic hormones in my body!" (I don't really trust her bc I have cycles that very but get 12 periods a year, no cysts on my ovaries.....I guess bc I am not textbook normal @ 28 days, it must be pcos *rolls eyes*)

The progesterone cream helps. I've read that simply applying to "fatty areas" (arms, legs, etc) can lead to tolerance as the fat stores the progesterone hormone. Thus you end up with great results at first, but then it seems to putter out. A way around this is to apply it vaginally. (it seems to work faster this way, too!)

Be careful with vitex! It made my symptoms worse, and my mood was raging (as in some of the worst moods I've EVER had). Let's just say I stopped and now feel much better.
Anonymousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen73 View Post
Shelbyla -- hi, there! I feel like I already know you because I've read so many of your posts over on the hcg forums! I am really excited to start -- I did it once before (only for a week) and lost a pound a day -- I just really feel like I am in the right headspace and this is going to WORK. I am still trying to decide between RX injections or drops (and preference?) and what did you do for your pre-hcg cleanse?
The main differences between the rx injections and the shots is first, the drops you do multiple times per day, and second if you are doing anything orally, you need to wait 15-20 mins before and after you take them to eat or drink anything. The shots don't have those worries--but they are...shots, iykwim!

My pre-hcg cleanse was basically an elimination cleanse left-over from my yeast cleanse days. It was basically 10 days of...

No sugar or sweeteners except stevia
No starches at all (rice, corn, tubers, legumes, etc.)
No fruit
No grains
No nuts
No dairy
No fermented foods
No alcohol
No mushrooms or other fungi

I think that was it.

Being in the right headspace is critical for success. Good luck!
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 9 - 09/04/14, 31 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~172->153
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
I have been following this thread and was wondering why not just use Premarin?

about 25 years ago I had a complete hysterictamy ( spelling ???) anyway I started at 1.25 and now am taking .3 a day, 6 days a week. Sundays I do not take! I feel great , doctor I see once a year and he gives me my prescription which I order,

Now i wonder if I should stop using this?????????????????

Years back when i had my surgery I asked the DR how long I would be on this and he said "probably all your life"!! But times have changed, soooooooo!!!

I feel great and weigh less then before the surgery.

25 years back there was no choice!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I have PCOS. I had stopped getting my period for almost 2 yrs...maybe longer and they gave me an oral progestin pill. I felt like a nut case! I was all over the place... Not good. I just hope I can get pregnant if I decide to which I'm getting more and more ready to do. I was getting TOM like every 10 days, but last month it actually held off for a whole month.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
I have been following this thread and was wondering why not just use Premarin?

about 25 years ago I had a complete hysterictamy ( spelling ???) anyway I started at 1.25 and now am taking .3 a day, 6 days a week. Sundays I do not take! I feel great , doctor I see once a year and he gives me my prescription which I order,

Now i wonder if I should stop using this?????????????????

Years back when i had my surgery I asked the DR how long I would be on this and he said "probably all your life"!! But times have changed, soooooooo!!!

I feel great and weigh less then before the surgery.

25 years back there was no choice!
I have an issue with Premarin, just based on how they collect it, and what it is. I understand there's a synthetic Premarin that's just as good.

***Disclaimer*** I am not using any bioidenticals or hormones of any type, so I know nothing really about them. I just remember watching a program years ago about Premarin and have been adamantly opposed to it since. Who knows how I'll feel when I actually need to take something.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/113.5/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I have an issue with Premarin, just based on how they collect it, and what it is. I understand there's a synthetic Premarin that's just as good.

***Disclaimer*** I am not using any bioidenticals or hormones of any type, so I know nothing really about them. I just remember watching a program years ago about Premarin and have been adamantly opposed to it since. Who knows how I'll feel when I actually need to take something.
Yup I too do not like the fact that I am getting pee from a PG donkey! When I was in Mexico i got the cheap stuff, it was a tiny pink pill and worked super good for me, but cannot find that here

Did you perhaps get a chance to see about the exercises for the tummy that Fox News talked about?
leonak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I haven't yet. I've been in and out today, but I'll try to get to it this weekend.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deen73
Stats: 252/216/199
WOE: HCG rx injections
Start Date: JUDDD restart: April 9, 2013
Well, I got some numbers back, ladies -- so, if anyone feels like trying their hand at internet-doctorin' -- lol -- feel free to give me your thoughts on these. We are seeing cycle day #3 here, and this was serum-testing (as opposed to saliva). My doc said everything was in the normal range, with estrogen being on the lowest side of normal (no surprise there)

Estradiol -- 30.6
Progesterone -- .72
Testosterone -- 36
DHEA -- 206
TSH -- 1.51

Blood sugar was good also, with the average reading coming in at 105 (for a glucose tolerance test). Cholesterol, triglycerides and stuff were all looking great. The one thing that was a little concerning was the hemoglobin A1C was right at 5.6. (just below the threshold for increased risk of diabetes). Doc says it's nothing to worry about -- but I'm a worry wort, so, that's my job. :P
Deen73 is offline   Reply With Quote