Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD Thursday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804670-dd-thursday.html)

Librarygirl 05-23-2013 06:06 AM

DD Thursday

Well, after a while of no fasting/DDs, I decided to do one today. Join me!

B-coffee w/light cream - 70

I have soup (140), celery and 1 T of PB2, IF I need something before going home today. If not, the soup is for dinner. :)

Flutter 05-23-2013 06:12 AM

I am here but boring as usual. ;) coffee with skim but I did just have 1 cup with a splash of sf creamer. The plan is just liquids today, but last DD the watermelon called to me. We shall see!

Scarlett46 05-23-2013 06:34 AM

B: Coffee w/ creamer
L: Celery, laughing cow, 1 slice of black forest ham
Coffee w/ powdered creamer (might skip this today)
D: Turkey meatballs, Italian veggies
Coffee w/ creamer

441 planned

Sirtain 05-23-2013 07:02 AM

I am planning on salmon with spinach, diet jello, and cafe au lait. Plus as much water as I can slug down. I'm feeling dehydrated for some reason(not water intake- had my usual 9 glasses yesterday). I hope I am not getting sick.

Stash'sWife 05-23-2013 07:30 AM

First time posting to a daily menu thread here. Hope I can be reliable about posting...no guarantees, though, as I am kind of a flighty person.

Thanks to JUDD, I have realized that I like black coffee.

Today I will have:
Black coffee
Unsweetened iced tea
15.9 oz uncooked weight small yellow potatoes
diet hot cocoa if needed.

Took Ptero (spelling??) yesterday for the first time and then again this morning. Hoping it will help me delay my first helping of potatoes...I have a mental hang-up that I hate being "out of calories" too early in the evening.

That is the only thing about DD's that I find "stressful" (knowing I have a set amount of food to eat and then THAT's ALL I GET).

However, this is better than a total fast for me, which makes me obsess about food.

Made the mistake my first down day of having ONLY two cups of 200 calorie coffee (HWC) Yummy, but made me obsess about food all day!

Hence, my learning to drink it black.

(My hubby will be shocked when he finds out I've been drinking black coffee. He always teases me about my "melted mocha ice cream".)

Alcestis 05-23-2013 07:59 AM

I'm shooting to save my calories until this evening. It used to work very well for me, I just need to stay strong during that mid-afternoon slump. I'm also thinking of going back to eating a very limited menu on DDs...eggs, Greek yoghurt and cucumber every day for a while.

Pami 05-23-2013 08:38 AM

B- coffee
L- nothing planned but have Carbmaster yogurt in the fridge
D- ouizoid's Shirataki Thai Coconut Peanut Noodles if needed

I really prefer 0-calorie DDs but it's been a while since I've done this.
I'm not sure if I'm ready for 0 calories today or not.
At least I'm prepared- whichever way it goes.

LivinTheDream 05-23-2013 08:58 AM

B: coffee w/ half & half
L: hoping I can make it past lunch, but have a protein shake if needed
D: broccoli & soup
Broth and lots of water!

motivatedMomma4 05-23-2013 09:32 AM

Hello Everyone!!! Just Broth for me today :)probably have 3 cups throughout the day for a total of 15 cals... We are going camping this weekend..As Long as this dang Wisconsin Weather cooperates!!we go from 80s to 50s in a day this week :eek::mad:

FairyWren 05-23-2013 11:11 AM

Just homemade vegetable soup today and a small can of tuna.

Total around 400 cals

Librarygirl 05-23-2013 11:15 AM

I'm upping my DD calories today to see if it makes a difference overall. I might eat less on UDs if I don't eat so low on DDs. Calichris said it is working for her, and I've got nothing to "lose" lol.

LoCarbGal 05-23-2013 11:25 AM

B: Coffee/HWC
L: Cucumber and ff greek yogurt, maybe another coffee/hwc
D: Tilapia and broccoli

Aiming for 600-700 today.

Librarygirl 05-23-2013 04:54 PM

The gods were determined to thwart my efforts to have a higher DD. I decided to have scrambled egg beaters with parmesan cheese, and 2 slices of reduced-fat bacon. Firstly I heard the plate make a funny noise in the microwave (my bacon plate), and looked and it had broken in half. Then I scooped out a T of parmesan and dumped it on my cooking eggs and it was filled with mold. Not to be outwitted, I gave the moldy eggs to the dogs, made another omelet w/LF cheddar and surprisingly the bacon was undamaged. Hunger is tenacious!!! :D

sorenkkg 05-23-2013 06:07 PM

Good job Cindy!

I had a good DD today too:

B: went shopping :D

L: chicken thigh, turkey pepperette, cracker, v8

D: 2 more chicken thighs, a LOT of roasted cauliflower, and 4oz of frozen chocolate mint almond milk

I should've counted the calories-- I approximated, I'm around 500-525 or so. I feel good though. :)