Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Genie80
WOE: Slimming World
Start Date: Re-start 09.18.13
My zero calorie DD & HIT experiment

I started JUDDD on 27th April with 392c goal on my DD’s & 1958c goal on my UD’s (Although I’ve been keeping between 400-500c on my DD’s) and realised after only a week that the only way I could carry on with this WOE long term was by doing 4:3 rotations to incorporate my social life so decided my DD's would be:
Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday and my UD's
Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday.

My problem now is I'm overindulging on my Friday & Saturday UD's so much so that I'm not losing weight, well I am between Sunday - Thursday (2-3lbs) but then putting it back on again!

I've read about HIT, this is the link to the article: How To Get Fit With 3 Minutes Of Exercise A Week and also that training whilst fasting can be very beneficial.

“When you exercise while fasting, it essentially forces your body to shed fat, as your body's fat burning processes are controlled by your sympathetic nervous system (SNS), and your SNS is activated by exercise and lack of food. Exercise and fasting also yield acute oxidative stress, which may actually benefit your muscle” Dr Mercola

With the above in mind I am going to attempt (starting from today – 23rd May) to have nothing but tea (very strong with hardly any milk) green tea & water on my DD’s and also to fit the HIT workout in on the afternoons.

I’ll log my results weekly and see how I get on…. anyone want to join me?

Read my journal Asthma/Fibromyalgia/IBS/ME

Last edited by Genie80; 05-23-2013 at 01:41 AM..
Genie80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I've just started playing around with HIIT myself. I'll keep with my 300 calorie DDs since I'm in maintenance, but think this should go really well for you! I'll watch your progress with interest.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results. The zero DDs alone with give u a much bigger calorie deficit. I had great results with HIIT in the past. I was doing it everyday and noticed I was getting really sluggish after a week. I was doing some reading over the last week about HIIT and Tabata Protocol and I gathered it should only be done every other day. Just something to keep in mind if u start feeling like your dragging.

You can google "Sprint 8" if you haven't already. Lots of great articles. I'd join ya but I'm planning on starting a kettlebell regime.
Zero calorie Down Days.
Current weight loss MOJO radar: strong chance of fat loss in the forecast!

A year from now you will wish you had started today
DeltaBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
I may give it a go. I've been somewhat doing a little HIT anyway, but not having zero DD's. I've been walking/running around 4 miles a day when it's not raining. I run as fast and as long as I can and then walk a few min. and then sprint again for as long as I can. Would that be considered HIT? Anyway, I'm interested in your results!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I was at work until 1:30pm got home and did HIT on my eliptical trainer straight away (warm up, 20 seconds full pelt, rest, another 20 seconds full pelt, rest, a final 20 seconds full pelt then cool down) amazing how long 20 seconds can seem!?!

Managed until about 8pm before it all went downhill! My OH was working late so I was home alone and I took myself off to the garage and bought doritos & chocolate and binged to about 1500 calories.. in the grand scheme of things not a major binge but as I was intending it to be a zero calorie day I was utterly appalled at myself!!!

One thing I did do was admit this binge to my OH.. first time ever so definitely progressing somewhere.

Weigh in today.
Down 0.3 lbs & lost 5cms from my waist since last week so very determined now to keep at it & hopefully keep the 'binge monster' at bay!

My next DD is Sunday so hopefully I can keep to zero or there abouts and try another HIT session.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie80 View Post
I was at work until 1:30pm got home and did HIT on my eliptical trainer straight away (warm up, 20 seconds full pelt, rest, another 20 seconds full pelt, rest, a final 20 seconds full pelt then cool down) amazing how long 20 seconds can seem!?!

Managed until about 8pm before it all went downhill! My OH was working late so I was home alone and I took myself off to the garage and bought doritos & chocolate and binged to about 1500 calories.. in the grand scheme of things not a major binge but as I was intending it to be a zero calorie day I was utterly appalled at myself!!!

One thing I did do was admit this binge to my OH.. first time ever so definitely progressing somewhere.

Weigh in today.
Down 0.3 lbs & lost 5cms from my waist since last week so very determined now to keep at it & hopefully keep the 'binge monster' at bay!

My next DD is Sunday so hopefully I can keep to zero or there abouts and try another HIT session.
Zero calories isn't necessary if it will trigger a binge. I find fasting till bedtime and having a small, but satifying snack worked really well for me during my weightloss and still does for me now, but in maintenance I added coffee during the day.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
Zero calories isn't necessary if it will trigger a binge. I find fasting till bedtime and having a small, but satifying snack worked really well for me during my weightloss and still does for me now, but in maintenance I added coffee during the day.
I think it's more the being on my own and bored that triggered it, will see how I get on Sunday but my grocery order comes this evening so will have healthy snacks etc,. in the house so that should help!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
The articles I've read on fasting HIIT are talking about fasting meaning working out in the morning before your first meal (rather than fasting all day), so that is an option too. I just started HIIT within the last week also! I'm doing it in the morning, so far on DDs. I don't know about you, but it makes me kind of hungry, so I think it would be hard for me to fast all day after. Also, I've read that while fasting before the workout is beneficial, post-workout recovery protein helps preserve muscle. Dr. Mercola suggests 24 grams protein in the form of whey protein powder (I found chocolate! It makes a great drink mixed with cold water). I then eat as I normally would on DD. I know your goal is to counterbalance the weekend calories, so you might want to still go for a very low DD, but just a bit of protein might help.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Friday and Saturday were pretty good UD's I didn't actually count calories (yes, I know I'm naughty!) But I kept to what I knew & kept track in my head.

Sunday I attempted zero cals again but the weather was fab so I spent most of the day outside gardening/weeding so didn't do my HIT and had garlic chicken kievs & salad for dinner so came in at about 450c.

Yesterday again didn't count, I seem to find I'm less willing to grab snacks etc when I'm nnot writing it down so maybe this is working!

I've woken up hungry but think its more stress than really wanting/needing food. I fell down stairs yesterday morning (quite literally bounced all the way down!) And now I'm aching from head to foot & I've also got to take one of my cats to the vets today because he's managed to get something stuck in his paw & its swollen up to twice the size!

I plan to try keep busy today, do a HIT session late afternoon then have homemade lasagne woth salad for dinner so again will be about 450 cals.