Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Quick question- (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804652-quick-question.html)

Pami 05-22-2013 06:37 PM

Quick question-
 
How close do you have to come to your UD goal? I'm off by 19.6% and I'm
not going to eat anymore today. I guess I just want to know if that's OK or
if I need to try to eat more on Friday?

Carly 05-22-2013 06:57 PM

Have at least 1 up day per week where you eat all your UD calories. It gets easier, believe me. Soon you will e temped to go over...

Pami 05-22-2013 07:39 PM

Thanks, Carly, for your quick response. I did this for 4 months last year, and
I had trouble getting my calories in then, too. That was in the winter- and I
eat a lot less in spring/summer, so I know I'm going to have to concentrate,
at least for a while. I'm hoping that it gets easier with time. Knowing that I
only have to reach 2038 once a week is comforting, though. I've been low-
carbing since April 8, and my max calories in that period have been 1823. I
wasn't intentionally keeping calories low- it's just the way I eat...

Carly 05-23-2013 02:53 AM

Did you calculate your calories at 20% WLM with no exercise? If you added exercise take that out of the mix for both UDs and DDs until you can reach that UD number. You want the swing between both days to be as big as possible.

FairyWren 05-23-2013 03:08 AM

Hi Pami, i sometimes have the problem of getting up to my UD cals, what i usually do is add something that is calorific but not so bulky or filling - like a little extra oil, butter or cream or maybe a snack of cheese or ice cream. Hope this helps :)

Librarygirl 05-23-2013 03:16 AM

Hey Pami. Your cals seem high to me. Judging by your avi pic, that is. :) I am 180 and mine are only 1860ish (haven't checked in a few wks)... Good luck!

DeltaBigBoy 05-23-2013 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16436576)
what i usually do is add something that is calorific but not so bulky or filling - like a little extra oil, butter or cream or maybe a snack of cheese or ice cream. Hope this helps :)


This is what I do too. There are plenty of calorie dense foods. I guess lowcarb limits that a little.

:up: Plus butter makes just about everything taste better! Seems like I can rack up 400 calories in cheese pretty quick!

Pami 05-23-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16436580)
Hey Pami. Your cals seem high to me. Judging by your avi pic, that is. :) I am 180 and mine are only 1860ish (haven't checked in a few wks)... Good luck!

Unfortunately I gained after that loss in my avi. I didn't gain it all back- I'm
down about 66 pounds from the "before" pic. I have checked my calories and
made sure I was choosing female, inches, pounds, years in the calculator.
I chose little or no exercise and 20% wt loss mode. I guess I'm just huge :dunno:

But thanks for thinking I'm not! :shake:

Librarygirl 05-23-2013 08:59 AM

Nooo, I didn't mean that. Be glad you have more calories.:hugs:That's the only reason I'm glad I'm not skinny yet. :D

Pami 05-23-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyWren (Post 16436576)
Hi Pami, i sometimes have the problem of getting up to my UD cals, what i usually do is add something that is calorific but not so bulky or filling - like a little extra oil, butter or cream or maybe a snack of cheese or ice cream. Hope this helps :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16436636)
This is what I do too. There are plenty of calorie dense foods. I guess lowcarb limits that a little.

:up: Plus butter makes just about everything taste better! Seems like I can rack up 400 calories in cheese pretty quick!

I ate ice cream last night (Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom), but I finished the carton.
Last time on JUDDD, I kept a cheesecake in the fridge almost all the time, just
for a calorie boost when I needed it.
BUT- I had just stopped smoking, so I was more interested in overeating, as a
distraction, than I am now.
I can make a quarter-pound cheeseburger and add mayo for 440 calories, or 510,
if I add a second slice of cheese.
I just have to be done by 7PM, so I have to start earlier, or eat my meals closer
together.
Eating because "it's time to eat" is not something I'm comfortable with (yet).
Maybe if I only ate at "meal times" I wouldn't have a weight problem. :dunno:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.