Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: QuietStorm
Stats: 168/168/120s
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/15/13
JUDDD - and UD Question - Alcohol?

Hi Again,

First, thanks to everyone for being patient with my 3 or 4 questions so far. I've used google to try to search the forums, but sometimes it helps to just ask a specific question.

I am wondering what the effects of alcohol are if any of you use it during your UDs? I have a family celebration coming up and I am wondering if a couple of drinks (Low-Carb) will affect anything. I've only been on JUDD for a week (and am still at the same weight as when I started, with some ups and downs along the way) but am trying to plan in advance.

I've read everywhere that the body burns the alcohol before the fat. I've been to the Leangains site where Martin discusses eating only protein and low-fat on "drinking days."

But, I'd like to hear some real life tales. Again, I would be grateful to anyone who shares. If I need to stay away, I will. (Although, admittedly, I may try it first).

Thanks as always!!!!

- Marianne
QuietStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
JUDDD is all about calories. Just add them into your totals. I have wine and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
As Seabreezes says it's all about the calories, i sometimes have wine and it hasn't affected my losses - i count the calories - i have even been known to have a very very small glass on a DD

To give you an example - i've been planning my UD tomorrow, a total of 1750 cals - i'm having to skip breakfast and lunch tomorrow (for various reasons) and having chorizo risotto for dinner. I have a couple of hundred calories going spare so i had to decide wine or ice cream, the ice cream won this time.
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I have wine or a cocktail almost every UD (occasionally a couple) and I've not had it slow my losses at all. It's wonderful freedom to know you can have anything you like, as long as it's within your calories.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Thanks you guys - and FairyWren, sorry, I was meaning to get back to you on the other good post you wrote to me.

Truth be told, I've always been okay with alcohol as long as I managed by other calories (and carbs) but since I've been researching stuff and been looking at posts and learning about hormones, etc., and whatnot, it's got me all confused!

Like I said, I probably will try it out. I just have to watch so that I can control the food carbs - and not get so tipsy that I cannot!

Best wishes to you all!!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, LCG - that helps, too. Maybe I can even do it w/out a celebration.

Honestly - and I forgot to mention this - sometimes alcohol (and I drink vodka or rum) helps me get past the water weight a bit. I never lose but I stay the same and am not as bloated....
Old 05-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Welcome, Marianne!

My only problem with alcohol is one drink leads to another...and another...and another...et cetera. if you don't have that problem, then just count calories, and enjoy!
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Granny - and all again.
I was just wondering. I did have 2 beers (in a frosty mug) on Sat and it lead to food overeating (but some of that was emotional - I was with my stupid ex). But I was expecting the calories to be way over and they were. I was just wondering what would happen if I stayed w/in calorie limits.

Thanks for your experiences - so far it sounds like a universal and not a YMMV.....
Old 05-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: grannysmith
Stats: 226/ 203/ 145 53, 5'7
WOE: Half-fast diet, LC, GF
Start Date: Every day! 3.14 (repeats endlessly)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStorm View Post
Thanks, Granny - and all again.
I was just wondering. I did have 2 beers (in a frosty mug) on Sat and it lead to food overeating (but some of that was emotional - I was with my stupid ex). But I was expecting the calories to be way over and they were. I was just wondering what would happen if I stayed w/in calorie limits.

Thanks for your experiences - so far it sounds like a universal and not a YMMV.....
Unsolicited advice: hanging out (drinking) w/ stupid exes is never a good idea...gives them stupid ideas...unless you're co-parenting, and even then, not so much...
grannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Ah yea, I love rum and vodka. hasn't hampered my losses yet! The weather is warming, I will start with frozen margaritas soon! (Within calorie counts, of course!)
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 160/155/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: re-started September 2014
My vice is Evan Williams Honey Reserve. Love this stuff. It is dangerously smooth. Smoother than the Wild Turkey American Honey. I partake at least once a week. I do figure that into calorie counts for the day. (Both UD and DD)
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm currently loving Jack Daniel's honey whiskey. I probably drink more than everyone here combined, usually wine, but often mixed drinks too. I stay within my calorie counts and have lost nearly 125 pounds, so I'd say, at least for me, alcohol calories are no different than food calories.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote