Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: QuietStorm
Stats: 168/168/120s
WOE: LC/JUDDD
Start Date: 5/15/13
I messed up - advice needed

Hello Everyone,

So, I guess I couldn't make it a week

Yesterday an old friend came to town unexpectedly and the weather was nice and we found a restaurant with an outside patio serving beer in frosty mugs and, well, one junk-laden meal(s) later, let's just say Saturday was an UD, (more like a UUAD) but it was definitely not a low-carb UD. (Sat. was supposed to be a DD).

Today I have a food hangover: the pleasures of eating nicely low-carb and then having them back in my system bloating and torturing me with sluggishness and cravings! So, to ease my pain, I am having a medium day, low-carb. I was just too sickly to do a DD.

So, tomorrow will be a DD. I am wondering if it would help if I made the next day a MD and then another DD, then back to the regular routine?
What would you all do?

Tomorrow I'll be back on JUDD induction....resetting the clock as it were!

Thank you in advance for any advice!
QuietStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phoenix17
Stats: 196/?(not looking for a while)/150
WOE: LC, MF and now JUDDD
Hi Quietstorm,

As I'm sure you will hear many others say, the general consensus is to just write that off as an oopsy day and go with your regular rotations. Especially since you are not quite used to your regular rotations yet so substituting an UD for a MD is definitely NOT a good idea. You need the UD to help you fuel your DD or you will find yourself going over again.

So just write it off for now and get back in to the swing of things. JUDDD is surprisingly forgiving.

Cheers!
phoenix17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I agree! The great thing is, you don't have to be perfect to be successful at JUDDD. Just jump back into the normal rotations and you'll do just fine.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thank you, Phoenix and CaliChris:
That makes sense. In my limited experience with this WOE, I do feel better when I have a good UD before my DD. Tues. will be a bona fide UD.

This Sat. will be an UD, which may make things easier until I get the hang of things for the next Sat. DD. I didn't expect the DD's to be so hard, by the way, but I suppose I will figure it all out as I keep going. Next plan: to make the cabbage stir-fry recipe I saw on here for the next DD. (The protein and veggie shakes I normally have are getting a bit old.....)
Old 05-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Do what you need to with DDs while you are getting used to things. Were you trying to stick with 500 cal ones while you started? Regardless, what everyone said about just moving along with rotations! No need to be perfect, perfect is boring!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Flutter. I was actually sticking to 360 or less, which, according to the calculator on the site, is my magical DD#.

So, I am back on a DD now and am really glad you all told me that tomorrow should be an UD! It's hard to tell my progress now because it's pre-TOM and that, given my over doing it on coffee today, makes it look like I ate a bag of salt!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quiet its all good!! We all have had those days!!! Something that helped me back in the TOM days, was the day TOM started I had a free day! I knew I would eat and be non-stop anyways so I allowed myself it. It helped me so much! I would actually get excited when the pre-tom started because I knew......free day was coming and I just had to get there lol!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Just get back on the wagon. It will all add up. This slip will slow you don't but it won't stop anything.
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the kind words of support, everyone. Krow - I may actually do what you suggest next month. Tom's here today and I was retaining sooooo much water (plus it's humid here and I drink too much coffee which leads to reverse water retention kind of thing) so I don't know what the heck my progress is after this one week.
I can say that while the scale is the exact same, and despite the water, I've still been able to fit more comfortably in my clothes this week - so that's something!