Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Well, here's my "before" picture.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804438-well-heres-my-before-picture.html)

grannysmith 05-19-2013 12:21 PM

Well, here's my "before" picture....

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...6066958_0.jpeg

My son Luke's graduation from IUPUI/Kelley Business School last Sunday. See, I told you I looked a lot like ol' Granny Smith there in my avatar!

I had a weird photosensitivity reaction to a med a couple weeks ago, or maybe I have rosacea, sure why not, one more thing to feel embarassed about. Ended up on prednisone to settle it down, so forget dieting...i still look pretty raw, even under 1/2 inch of foundation...the rummycoke I had to settle my nerves didn't help!

Being forced to have my picture taken really illuminates the denial I maintain about just how danged fat I am...it's humiliating...I can hardly enjoy that handsome, hardworking young man next to me, and that's just wrong.

so this is my BEFORE picture...I have GOT to get this under control!

calichris 05-19-2013 01:15 PM

Photos motivate me too, but Lynn, I think you are so cute! You look like a happy and good-natured person that I would want to get to know (which goes with your personality on the JUDDD board). :) You've lost 16 pounds already (whoo hoo! Way to go!). Handsome son, too.

Sleepingduty 05-19-2013 01:41 PM

I see a beautiful woman who is determined to enhance her beauty with a healthier lifestyle. Don't be so hard on yourself! You both have a great smile. You can do it!

Carly 05-19-2013 01:58 PM

You and your son look great, but I know how you feel about pictures and those before shots are great motivators just like Christina said. I don't think you look one bit like your avi :)

Flutter 05-19-2013 03:27 PM

Totally hear you on feeling icky in your pictures. We are our own worst enemies. No one that loves you feels the way you do about your pictures...certainly not that sweet young man of yours!!!:heart: you look lovely and happy next to your boy! Keep up the good work, you are doing fabulous!!!!

Trigger828 05-19-2013 04:03 PM

I hate pictures also! You sure aren't alone in that feeling :)

I think your son is very handsome and you both look very happy!

and funny thing is, you remind me very much of my Mother in Law --don't worry, I like her and she is a very nice lady!!

Familyvet 05-19-2013 05:15 PM

Oh wow! You do NOT look 52 (whatever that looks like now)! Your son is very handsome...I know you must be bursting with pride!!

Librarygirl 05-19-2013 08:14 PM

That's a great picture!! No "before" here. This is after raising a great DS who graduated from college! I think you both look happy and I love the black lace top (dress?). :)

LoCarbGal 05-19-2013 10:54 PM

Lynn, you both look wonderful and so happy in that photo. No, you do NOT look like a granny smith apple, you goofball! You look wonderful. I'm sorry you're still struggling with that skin irritation. So frustrating, and I know you just feel like anything like that on your face is 10 times worse than anywhere else. I hope that will settle down soon. And we know you are proud of that smart, handsome young man!

FairyWren 05-20-2013 04:47 AM

Love the picture Lynn you look so happy and proud of your lovely son :)

Hope your skin irritation clears up soon.

Know what you mean about not liking having your photo taken - i usually try to make sure i'm the behind the camera!

Well done on your losses so far, you're doing brilliantly :hugs:

deedee 05-20-2013 06:42 AM

Lynn, you and your son are precious! We can probably all relate to the photographic proof of weight gain, and how difficult that is. You look lovely, and must be so proud of your handsome son! I'm sure we'll be seeing your "after" pic in no time though :)

LiLi914 05-20-2013 11:56 AM

I think you both look fabulous. I completely get what you're saying about photos being motivators. I saw a pic of myself from a party on Saturday and Sunday morning I was feeling like crappola, but I hightailed my behind to the gym.

Can't wait to see your "after' photos.

grannysmith 05-21-2013 10:54 AM

You all are the best! It's depressing that such a happy event could be spoiled by feeling self-conscious about weight...that's just wrong.

I heard today that 61% of Americans are overweight or obese. That does not make me feel better!

Nice new avi, Lisa!

grannysmith 05-21-2013 01:26 PM

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...29170307_n.jpg

Won't they make some pretty babies??? ;~) My son and his fiancee...Her whole family is gorgeous...and thin...and wealthy...and nice, too!

LiLi914 05-21-2013 06:05 PM

[QUOTE=grannysmith;16434115

Nice new avi, Lisa![/QUOTE]

Thank ya much! BTW, I love the skirt that your soon to be daughter-in-law is wearing.

KeirasMom 05-22-2013 08:32 AM

Lynn,

I wasn't able to see the picture until I was at a computer. I think your son is a very handsome young man, and he looks a LOT like his mom. So that means you're a fetching YOUNG lady! You've got this. With JUDDD, there's no reason you can't make to goal and enjoy the fruits of your labor (every other day)!

JMBM 05-22-2013 09:22 AM

Great pictures Lynn! I know you are very proud. And I'm with Carly on the not looking like your avi comment! You do not look at all like a granny to me! I know about the pictures though. I have one of me at my sons HS graduation posted on my profile that motivates me to keep going. He is in his second year of college now so in a couple of years "hopefully" we'll be taking those college grad pictures! I told my mom when my kids graduate college I'm buying myself a graduation present. lol My daughter will be up there with my son in Aug. and it is financially kicking our behinds!!! My DH and I both drive old cars with way over 100,000 miles just to stay out of a car pmt while they are in college. I said when they finish we need a new car!!!:jumpjoy: