Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Take a monthly break from JUDDD without gaining weight?(RAMADAN) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804417-take-monthly-break-juddd-without-gaining-weight-ramadan.html)

Meziana 05-19-2013 05:26 AM

Take a monthly break from JUDDD without gaining weight?(RAMADAN)

Hi ladies, as u can tell im still pretty 'new' to this whole JUDDD experience, im really liking it so far and im enjoying seeing the scale move down!
So excuse me for asking so many questions

Anyway, as maybe a few of you gals now, Ramadan starts in july, a whole month of fasting, you can eat when the sun goes down(around 10pm where i live) until 4/5am in the morning(when the sun is starting to come up)so during the rest of the day you CANT have ANYTHING.. no water,no cigarettes,no chewingum absolutely nothing.
I always have a hard time during ramadan, i even get constipated real bad for some reason and very fatigue,also after eating i always go straight to bed. Not only am i worried to gain weight, im more worried that i will break down.

So is there a way i can take a break from JUDDDing for this month without gaining weight?

Planelman 05-19-2013 06:19 AM

I'm not an expert on JUDDD, but it is just a type of Intermittent Fasting which is what you will be doing anyways during Ramadan. I'm not sure I would do both together, depending on when you eat I think down days would end up getting way to hard. Some JUDDDers do eat within windows, which you will be doing, but not many do it for both DD's and UD's.

If I had to fast like you are going to have to, and I still wanted to lose weight, I would just eat within that window at my goal calories per day to achieve weight loss, TDEE less a calorie deficit your comfortable with. Eating 2 meals, a big one at 10pm and a big one at 4am, but the same calories each day. I think you would probably still lose weight even if you didn't eat at a deficit just because of the long fasting period, and I think it would be hard to gain weight if you control your calories to your TDEE calories.

Not sure when your going to sleep though, seems like you would need naps through the day so you can compensate for being up at night to eat.

lylydvd 05-19-2013 06:20 AM

off course you can !!
i've been thinking about ramadan for a while now
i believe that both of us can eat about 1200 calories a day without gaining any fat weight but you may gain water weight at first so be prepared ..ramadan is a perfect chance for dieting and taking control of appetite and if you follow sunna you'll find that the prophet was restricting calories all his life and specially during ramadan beside establishing tarawih prayers which you can count it as exercise ..
do this for god and the hereafter not for donya lol

sunday 05-19-2013 06:47 AM

I went straight from JUDDD to a type of daily fast as practiced in PHD. I eat in an 8 hour window and have not gained, but lost 17 lbs since 1st of Jan. If you are eating so close to sleep, I would think a bit of time before actually going to bed would help. I would also try to hydrate sufficiently and supplement w/ triphala for your digestion. :)

Carly 05-19-2013 06:48 AM

Just stick with your UD/ DD calories, but eat them at 10pm only on DD and eat twice during the night on UD to get more calories in.

Sirtain 05-20-2013 09:12 AM

Also, to help stave off the constipation, you might consider having a low-carb, HIGH-FAT meal just before you lay down for your longest sleep(if you are being bi-phasic with naps). By this I mean something like a protein shake made with cream and/or liquid fat of your choice(butter/ghee/coconut oil/olive oil), say 100 calories of protein and 400-600 calories of fat.

High fat can really help many cases of constipation. You may like to test this out before Ramadan, to see how it affects YOU.

Good luck. With your long days, this sounds like a real challenge. We're rooting for you.

Avicenna 06-01-2013 10:50 AM

I think you should take a break. It will be stressful enough fasting during the long summer days in the northern latitudes. Anyway it is better to think about other things during the month of Ramadan!