Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
WOE: JUDDD
So Long My Friends...

It has been a roller coaster ride for me. While I liked JUDD my body did not. I am struggling with binging and once again I am saying good bye to JUDDD. This was my 3rd JUDDD attempt and I finally learned that my body rebels the every other day dieting (weather I do it with carbs or no carbs). One thing I never tried was 5:2 version. After a short break I will try it and see if I can do it without binging.

Thank you so much for all the support you have given me. Best of luck to all and wishing you continued success with JUDD

My Journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...orward-11.html
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Sorry to hear.

Have you tried an eating window? I am easily maintaining eating between noon and 8PM. I have some coffee with a little almond milk in the morning.

The fellow who wrote the warrior diet says you can have berries or whey protein during your "fast" time, just not together. There is a good article on dr mercola that I read this morning about this.

Good luck!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Sorry to hear.

Have you tried an eating window? I am easily maintaining eating between noon and 8PM. I have some coffee with a little almond milk in the morning.

The fellow who wrote the warrior diet says you can have berries or whey protein during your "fast" time, just not together. There is a good article on dr mercola that I read this morning about this.

Good luck!
Yes, I tried it the eating window. It is the calories restriction that makes me binge.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
I'll miss you Marika! If you decide to try 5:2, come on back. I wish you all the best in finding the best thing for you.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
take care! I hope you find something that will work for you!! You are so close to your goal!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I am in the same boat. I can not do it. after 18 days on plan I am giving up JUDD.

A few times I got into the zone, but most down days I overate and UP days I went hog wild. It isn't the plan for me. I thought I could handle it. I can't. In 17 days I ended with UP 1.5 lbs. I have to move forward on the weight loss. I was struggling severely on JUDD. Some days were bliss, like I found my plan, but very quickly that got shot down.

Many things I enjoyed about it. I know I will be using a version of JUDDD as a maintenance tool when at goal. but for weight loss it wasn't happening for me. When I hit goal JUDD will be revisited

best of luck. I went back to a low carb my own way plan. already I am seeing results again.

everyone has to find what works best for them. it is a game of finding it, sticking with it, enjoying it and getting the results you want. I hope you find your niche.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Best of everything to both of you. Finding a plan that works and is sustainable is so important.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Hey Marika (& Trigger too),
I'm so sorry to hear that JUDDD isn't working for you but I also admire the courage it takes to say that it isn't working & that you need a change.
I hope you'll both stick around and check in every once in a while. It might be good for perspective JBs or those struggling to hear from those for whom the program didn't work. So that they know its ok to need to move on!
Best wishes to you both, I hope this isn't good bye for real!!
Jen

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Marika, I'm so sorry this didn't work for you. I'll miss having you around - you are so positive and supportive to us all. But you know your body and must do what's best for you. Good luck to you and please do pop in and let us know how you're doing!

Trigger, you gave it a good shot, and that's all you can do. Good luck to you too in finding the right plan - sounds like you already have! Take care!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Yennie and LCG
THANKS. I did try. it wasn't in me. but as long as we all find our way down the scale and a way we can eat comfortably thru life--it is the best we can hope for

I will be around. You guys have just too much good info and great attitudes. No one can walk away from that!!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good luck Trigger and Marika. I certainly can understand everything you're going through. Finding your pathway to weight loss can be tricky. You haven't failed if you keep on trying. Stay in touch and let us all know how you're doing, please.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Awww! I am sorry you both have to keep looking, but I sure understand! Please don't be strangers, though! Keep us posted on what works for you and how you are doing please!! all the best friends!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Shari4
Stats: 200/140.4/140 (190/168.4/140)65yrs
Start Date: Started JUDDD: 9/24/12 @181(again 2/1/14 @ 190)
I wish you both the best!! Stop back by from time to time & let us know how you're doing? I've been doing 5:2 since I hit maintenance & it's really working for me. I am so grateful! Take care!
Shari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
The two of you are making completely sensible decisions. Few WOEs are suitable for people at all times/stages of life and it may be that JUDDD or some permutation will suit you both in maintenance.

I wish you both can find a plan that brings you serenity with your food choices.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you all. You are the best and I will miss you and I will stop by.
Trigger, best of luck to you!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Oh Marika and Trigger, I'm sorry to see both of you go, you were such a wonderfully supportive people! So I do hope you'll keep checking in, as JB's are the best. I totally understand where you're coming from and hope you both find the right plan for you.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I am in the same boat. I can not do it. after 18 days on plan I am giving up JUDD.

A few times I got into the zone, but most down days I overate and UP days I went hog wild. It isn't the plan for me. I thought I could handle it. I can't. In 17 days I ended with UP 1.5 lbs. I have to move forward on the weight loss. I was struggling severely on JUDD. Some days were bliss, like I found my plan, but very quickly that got shot down.

Many things I enjoyed about it. I know I will be using a version of JUDDD as a maintenance tool when at goal. but for weight loss it wasn't happening for me. When I hit goal JUDD will be revisited

best of luck. I went back to a low carb my own way plan. already I am seeing results again.

everyone has to find what works best for them. it is a game of finding it, sticking with it, enjoying it and getting the results you want. I hope you find your niche.
Yes. I don't think there is a one size fits all plan out there, and even plans that work may need to be tweaked here and there along the way. I hope you'll check in, and especially if you do a version of JUDDD for maintenance ... you would have great support from our fab maintainers.
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

well guys you know that KiersMom mentioned TDEE. I went off and looked it up and it seemed very promising to me. combined with a loose atkins/low carb way of eating I believe the info in that TDEE thread will help me.

So once again I got great advice from the Judders.

I am happy to report this morning was a 1 lb. loss. Weee. maybe on the right road finally!
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Yes, I tried it the eating window. It is the calories restriction that makes me binge.
YUP!! My problem each time I tried to do IF or an eating window type WOE. I JUDDD but it just doesn't like me (in the head department, that is! )

I struggled so long with binging after being on JUDDD, went off JUDDD, got it under control and decided to give JUDDD another try. BIG mistake! I'm still binging, off and on but at least my night time binging days are gone! NOW it's during the day!!

I feel your concern and am right on the same page as you are!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Hey Marika, I'm kinda doing what seabreezes talked about. I shoot for 1 or 2 DD's a week, but the other days I eat in a window and I'm now 10 lbs. to goal. Just doing alternate days I found myself going over pretty good on UD's occasionally, but I haven't had that problem since I changed. I try to stick within a 6 hr eating window, but my mom is doing 8 hr window and is losing around 1 lb a week. One week she lost 2, and she's not doing any DD's and is 71 yrs old. So, I'm doing this for now and I seem to be having better luck this way. I do try to ball park my calories though and stick to my UD number. I wish you all the best! Take a break and try something else if needed.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Sorry to hear.

Good luck!
Yep that's what I'm doing and I like it a lot better. I do try to have 1 to 2 DD's during the week also. I don't know if moving the window around makes a difference or not though. I try to shoot for 2pm - 7pm, but sometimes if I know hubby will be later coming home I'll push it to 3 or 330 pm. Idk if that screws up anything, but so far I'm still doing good.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

Some of us just can't do this! I was the poster child for JUDDD, the plan but it just messed with my head and caused terrible binging for me. I stopped and tried again and AGAIN the binging was out of control (and still is at times )! ANY restrictive WOE, be it calories, carbs, or time to eat/not eat does this to me. I had to give up "diets" for now and just eat intuitively. It works for me, but the binge monster is ALWAYS right behind the curtain, waiting to take over, if I let him!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
You tried!!! That's the important part :-) You're not giving up, you are just identifying that certain ways of eating don't work for you. We are all different and respond in many different ways.

I hope your journey from here on leads you to the progress you have been seeking! Please continue to stop by and share how things are going- we can learn a lot from each other here!!!
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
to you dear Marika; I truly understand as you know. I wish with my whole heart JUDDD did not play havoc with my head. Honestly three small meals; no snacking what is so difficult about that?? Why can't we do this - it should be so simple.

I have many many books being a diet/nutrition geek but I read one the other day that had a huge impact, even to jaded old me. It's on overeating by David Kessler, an ex FDA commissioner. I had looked at this book for a while and I thought what can this guy tell me that I haven't already read but I actually sat there at my kindle and wrote pages and pages of notes. I will never look at fast junk food in the same way now. It's about breaking old habits and teaching that stupid primitive brain who is the boss.. a really good read.

If you can get to the point where you can eat one unit of a trigger food (e.g. white chocolate covered licorice ball) whilst in a craving state, but stop right after, then you are a Jedi master and nothing can stand in your way

"I am what I ate...and I'm frightened"....Bill Cosby
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Sounds interesting mojo. I have noticed since I have not been doing DDs that I am not craving and overeating. I know I can't lose without restricting more than I am now, and don't have much faith in low-calorie diets, but for the first time in my life I feel like maybe I can't control my eating with such strict calorie restriction. I am not giving up on JUDDD yet, but I am noticing the patterns.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

The problem or solution rather LG is finding the sweet spot for those of us who struggle. Too much restriction causes binging (low calorie diets, DD's) and not enough restriction causes binging (UD's).
Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Hey Marika, I'm kinda doing what seabreezes talked about. I shoot for 1 or 2 DD's a week, but the other days I eat in a window and I'm now 10 lbs. to goal. Just doing alternate days I found myself going over pretty good on UD's occasionally, but I haven't had that problem since I changed. I try to stick within a 6 hr eating window, but my mom is doing 8 hr window and is losing around 1 lb a week. One week she lost 2, and she's not doing any DD's and is 71 yrs old. So, I'm doing this for now and I seem to be having better luck this way. I do try to ball park my calories though and stick to my UD number. I wish you all the best! Take a break and try something else if needed.
I am so glad to hear that eating window works so well for you I sometimes eat in 6-8 hrs naturally, but I don't like to create another restriction. If it happens naturally, beautiful!
I am also doing 1-2 DD a week now combining it with low carb. I am no longer doing VLC because that's too much restriction. I have also started counting net carbs, so that gives me opportunity to eat lots more veggies. I will see where I go from here. If this this works and I am maintaining, there is no need to do more than 2 DD a week. This alone makes me feel better mentally. I will only do more than 2 DD a week if my body feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicca View Post
You tried!!! That's the important part :-) You're not giving up, you are just identifying that certain ways of eating don't work for you. We are all different and respond in many different ways.

I hope your journey from here on leads you to the progress you have been seeking! Please continue to stop by and share how things are going- we can learn a lot from each other here!!!
You are right. Finding what works for each individual is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojocat View Post
to you dear Marika; I truly understand as you know. I wish with my whole heart JUDDD did not play havoc with my head. Honestly three small meals; no snacking what is so difficult about that?? Why can't we do this - it should be so simple.

I have many many books being a diet/nutrition geek but I read one the other day that had a huge impact, even to jaded old me. It's on overeating by David Kessler, an ex FDA commissioner. I had looked at this book for a while and I thought what can this guy tell me that I haven't already read but I actually sat there at my kindle and wrote pages and pages of notes. I will never look at fast junk food in the same way now. It's about breaking old habits and teaching that stupid primitive brain who is the boss.. a really good read.
Thanks Mojo. Does he actually gives you any strategies on how to stop binge eating. You see, I don't binge on ready made junk. I make my own version of "healthy junk" Give me honey and I will create delicious and unstoppable junk food. Think: homemade mac nut butter with raw honey, or rich greek yogurt with raw honey, or carob chocolate with honey. I am nuts about honey

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-23-2013 at 03:09 AM..
Old 05-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Yes Marika he does give strategies and mostly creating rules and avoiding cues. See this is what worked for me initially when I started my weight loss. I made rules - ie. absolutely no sugar or junk. When I started JUDDD certain foods started creeping into my UD's, namely nuts which ended up in full blown binges on organic white chocolate covered licorice balls. I couldn't care less about anything but nuts and those licorice balls . So my rules now are absolutely no nuts or sugar...never...ever...ever...not one bite.. do what you have to do...avoid the nut/licorice aisle in store, don't look, don't think. Once you have rules in place there is no negotiation and the upper brain "wins" and moves on. In your case you would need to give up the trigger..honey....forever...like me...nuts/licorice...forever...or until we can handle these foods, whichever comes first
Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I read a post on the "other diets" board where some were losing doing 2 to 3 low carb days a week. Idk if there's truth to it but I thought what the heck I could try that 2 times a week also. I don't mind doing light low carb, but I can only eat so much meat, eggs, cheese, and salad. I know there's more than that to eat that's low carb, but just naming off the main ones. For a couple of days a week anyway. So, I'll have 2 DD's which will be LC and the remaining days I'll eat within my time frame and see how it works. You are correct about restrictions. It is very hard having so many. I wish you all the best.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
I read a post on the "other diets" board where some were losing doing 2 to 3 low carb days a week. Idk if there's truth to it but I thought what the heck I could try that 2 times a week also. I don't mind doing light low carb, but I can only eat so much meat, eggs, cheese, and salad. I know there's more than that to eat that's low carb, but just naming off the main ones. For a couple of days a week anyway. So, I'll have 2 DD's which will be LC and the remaining days I'll eat within my time frame and see how it works. You are correct about restrictions. It is very hard having so many. I wish you all the best.
That sounds like a good idea
I am also thinking of raising my UD calories. See this older thread Calculating UD/DD Calories
I need to stop feel guilty if I go over my calories. I think the guilt is also affecting my binging. The more freedom and less restriction the better is seems (at least mentally)

ETA: I have noticed if I eat more on UD that my calculator says, my next day DD is so much easier. So if I can eat up to 2000 cal on my UD I can see myself eating less than 500 on DD. Right now my UD number is 1590 and I feel like this is not enough. If by having the extra 400 cal on UD makes my DD a breeze and stop me from binging, I am all for it. At least I can have the option of having the extra 400 cal on UD, if I really need it (e.g around PMS time). My goodness, there are too many variables to try

Last edited by tobelowcarber; 05-23-2013 at 12:39 PM..