Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March, 2009
Article today on IF, Alternate Day health benefits

The newsletter from Dr. Mercola today includes an interesting new piece titled

Intermittent Fasting Shown To Improve Diabetes and Reduce Cardiovascular Risk

I realize we don't link to this here, but it should be easy to find on the net with today's date of May 17.

The section "Three Reasons Why Intermittent Fasting Works "
is a clear, brief set of health-related arguments for IF/AlternateDay that might help when we wish we could quickly explain why our way of eating is good for us.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2013, 05:04 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I get the newsletter. I'll have to check it out, but of course I know it works. My diabetes has been put into remission. Not only do I no longer inject myself 2x per day, but I also need no diabetic medication AT ALL!
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Whitlin'
Stats: 162/149/149
Start Date: March, 2009
Carly

Sometimes if I could, I'd like to grab my JUDDD BUDDDs by the hand and go introduce ya'll to some folks who really could benefit from knowing your stories!

Possibly stand on a roof and shout, "hey people this is a really smart way to eat, ya know!" Hmmm... maybe not. I'll just try to keep up on articles like this so I'll sound sensible!
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
People don't get it yet. I keep hoping with more information/articles, etc, coming out on the benefits, it will become more mainstream. It is just so easy and IT WORKS! I find that I do not keep the information quiet anymore. People either get it, or they don't, but if they're receptive and it helps them, my blabbing was worth it!

Gonna search for the article...TFS!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
People seem to want a quick fix (don't we all?). We live in a society of immediate gratification, which is probably why we are where we are! They say, "Wow, you've lost weight, what are you doing?" When you explain IF and the health benefits their eyes glaze over or they give you 100 excuses why they could never do it.

I am thinking about marketing a magic pill that has an accompanying eating program to make it work that includes low calories one day and higher calories the next.

Seriously, Carly posted recently about not accomplishing things until you are ready, or hit bottom. I think this is the majority of it. I always mention this website, not one time has anyone stopped me to write it down or clarify how to get to the JUDDD forum. However, they do like to wax eloquent on all the reasons they should be doing something! They ask, but they don't really want to know, as soon as they find out that they are going to be required to deny themselves something. Oh well, human nature, I guess! It is frustrating to know the "secret" and people are too stubborn to listen!!!
John 3:16
I am a WHOSOEVER!!!!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 161/144.5/125
Start Date: 03-05-2013
I had that problem....the not wanting to deny myself anything. Then one day it just kind of hit me....My thinking kind of flip flopped. An epiphany, if you will. (I got really peed off) I now think of it as approval and permission to be the best I can be. The "denial" has become little victories that have added up to 16 lbs. I guess my epiphany was realizing what I deny myself in snacks and treats, rewards me so much more with weight loss and health. That thought is my driving force now.
I've said it before and I'm saying it again... Stumbling across Juddding and this forum is the best thing that has happened to me in years!
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/130/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/01/1994
I find that I have to "keep quiet" about my eating - so many friends, family, etc. have accused me of being obsessed about my weight. However, my being careful and eating healthy, and maintaining a healthy weight, have kept me slim and out of the doctor's office -I'm 68 and I have one prescription - eye drops for dry eyes.

And my husband (who eats whatever I serve ) is also in great shape - no meds, slim, and active.

Plus it's fun to wear size 6 clothes!

So many people here are really overweight, and it almost seems as though they're bragging about the number of meds they take ... And it's warm here, shorts and tank tops are the rule ... It can't be fun to be in super-large clothes.

But I've pretty much given up on suggesting this woe - I'm really, really tired of rolled eyes and knowing smirks...

5'7" - 68 years old

I've been low-carbing since 01/01/1994 (weighed >200#) - reached my goal weight in 1995 (125#) - maintained with a few blips (gaining up to 160#) along the way - lost weight on HCG but hated the no-fat! - seem to be maintaining comfortably with IF and loving it! ...
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
I had that problem....the not wanting to deny myself anything. Then one day it just kind of hit me....My thinking kind of flip flopped. An epiphany, if you will. (I got really peed off) I now think of it as approval and permission to be the best I can be. The "denial" has become little victories that have added up to 16 lbs. I guess my epiphany was realizing what I deny myself in snacks and treats, rewards me so much more with weight loss and health. That thought is my driving force now.
I've said it before and I'm saying it again... Stumbling across Juddding and this forum is the best thing that has happened to me in years!
This is so true for me
Someone's signature has the quote about "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." For me this is so true. There is nothing I could eat on a DD that would taste so good I would risk giving up my lost weight.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putz View Post
Yep, yep I agree! I literally "stumbled" here myself. My mom gave me the website for low carb recipes and I was just curious what was on the message boards and Lo and Behold there was the list of diet plans and I just started clicking on different ones to see which one I thought I might could stick with for a change. And then I clicked the JUDDD thread and it's been ever since. I tweak it a little here and there, but it's the reason I'm 10 pounds away from my goal weight!
Old 05-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Wow, good article...thanks for posting this (even though I don't need to be convinced)!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote