Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Don't Eat After 3pm (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804262-dont-eat-after-3pm.html)

Reagan01 05-16-2013 12:47 PM

Don't Eat After 3pm

Hey everyone, I havn't been in the forum in almost a year. I failed on the Judd a year ago because I couldn't handle the down days. My weight has stayed pretty steady over the last year. I eat well during the week lose 2 lbs and then the weekend usually gets me back to where I started :sad:. A couple of weeks ago I saw a friend who had lost 60 lbs. and he said all he was doing was not eating after 3pm every day. He eats what he wants for breakfast and lunch and a 3pm snack, tries not to over indulge, but then he shuts it down for the day. He said he sleeps better than he has in years and has had other health benefits.

So, starting Monday of this week I gave it a shot. I have lost 5 lbs so far this week!! :) I can't believe how easy this is. I have also been eating foods I generally eat on the weekend, like burgers and mexican food, and I'm still losing. I also get a huge burst of energy at night like I used to get on my down day. Has anyone else tried this? Thoughts?

desertgirl 05-16-2013 12:57 PM

Yup, it's intermittent fasting (IF) - and works great as long as you stick with it. I fell off it (though my eating window was 5 pm - 10 pm so that I could eat with my family) when I went back to work in an office. :annoyed:

I always prefer to eat later in the day because I have a sensitive stomach and the earlier in the day I eat, the more uncomfortable I am - no matter what I eat. :sigh:

Librarygirl 05-16-2013 01:11 PM

Sounds good, and congrats on finding something that works for you!!!

LoCarbGal 05-16-2013 01:38 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I wonder if the timing during the day has any bearing. I would be hard pressed to use 3pm as I usually eat most of my calories for dinner, and I like that schedule. Congratulations on 5 pounds up, and on finding something that really works!

Librarygirl 05-16-2013 01:45 PM

I think it's an 8-hour eating window, LCG. You could do any window that works with your schedule, I believe. Like 11-7, or 12-8, for example.

LoCarbGal 05-16-2013 02:01 PM

I guess I am kind of doing that then!

Carly 05-16-2013 04:20 PM

On DDs I have 1 small snack at 9pm. On UD I usually just have dinner and a bedtime snack, but am trying to have lunch at least once or twice during the week. I naturally enjoy eating only in the evening, but having a window can help cut back on mindless snacking or grazing and many people gain from eating throughout the day even if it's a muffin here, a sandwich there, then some chips before dinner and then cookies after. It all adds up.

JMBM 05-16-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16427553)
I think it's an 8-hour eating window, LCG. You could do any window that works with your schedule, I believe. Like 11-7, or 12-8, for example.

Yeah it sounds like it. I've been doing 5 hr window w/ 2 DD's and I am really seeing the difference. It's been like 2 pounds a week and last week I only had 1 DD. I do count my calories though on the other days.:)

DeltaBigBoy 05-18-2013 05:39 PM

Read an article today that suggested not eating carbs 90 minutes before bed. Going to bed "fasted" helped raise HGH levels in the blood. Going to bed with carbs in the stomach raises blood glucose levels which causes you to secrete insulin. HGH and insulin don't like each other. So there could be something to not eating after 3 since it would ultimately put you in a fasted state for sleeping. I'll try sticking to 90 minutes!

Librarygirl 05-18-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16427746)
Yeah it sounds like it. I've been doing 5 hr window w/ 2 DD's and I am really seeing the difference. It's been like 2 pounds a week and last week I only had 1 DD. I do count my calories though on the other days.:)

I am thinking of doing 5:2, and 4:3 alternating weeks. Still not sure if I want to restrict to a "window", but could at least some days each week.

~PaperMoon~ 05-18-2013 07:04 PM

I've never tried it, but if it works for you, keep doing it! :up:

Reagan01 05-28-2013 08:32 AM

I love this way of eating. I have lost close to 10 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. Last week because of my schedule i had to eat dinner most nights. I kept it light and didn't eat breakfast the next day. This week I'm back to not eating past 3pm.

Librarygirl 05-28-2013 08:35 AM

That's awesome Raegan!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Are you JUDDDing, or just eating in a window?

nursej10580 05-28-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reagan01 (Post 16443608)
I love this way of eating. I have lost close to 10 lbs in a little over 2 weeks. Last week because of my schedule i had to eat dinner most nights. I kept it light and didn't eat breakfast the next day. This week I'm back to not eating past 3pm.

That's so awesome! :high5: If you stop eating at 3 what time do you start eating in the morning? What kind of foods are you eating? I so would love to find something that would work and where I could eat halfway "normal" to lose these last 10-15 lbs you know?

~Jenny