Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Do the DDs get easier? Not hunger related.... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/804199-do-dds-get-easier-not-hunger-related.html)

desertgirl 05-15-2013 10:13 AM

Do the DDs get easier? Not hunger related....

Monday was a DD, as is today.

Both days I've felt dizzy, lightheaded and generally foggy and out of it from about 11 am until 3 pm (though it's only 11, I feel it hitting). I did not feel this way yesterday, though I didn't eat ANYTHING until 3pm. :confused:

It has to be something specific with a DD, but I can't figure it out. I'm going to go eat a little something, because I'm at work and I can't even think. :stars:

deedee 05-15-2013 10:15 AM

From my experience, yes! I had those symptoms in the beginning, and even thought I was having some hypoglycemia (I'm diabetic), which I wasn't. It was just the effect of not eating. Those symptoms are completely gone. Now, I can't tell the difference between an UD and a DD except for the hunger symptoms and sometimes I'm a bit more irritable.

Planelman 05-15-2013 11:17 AM

I had this on my first couple of DD's but it has mostly gone at this point after doing this for a month. Having a small snack helped get over it, and it caused my total calories for the day to go a little higher than I wanted, but I just considered it a transition period. These days I usually wait until around 5-7pm before I eat anything on a DD with no real issues and actually I feel more full of energy and sharper on a DD than an UD.

tofucheez 05-15-2013 11:19 AM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...ant-focus.html

Check out that thread. While a lot of people adjust, some do not. This plan just doesn't suit everyone's body. You may adjust just fine, but if you don't, don't feel bad. It may just not be for you.

LoCarbGal 05-15-2013 11:39 AM

I felt lightheaded the first few weeks on DDs. I would especially feel it when I stood up too fast - my vision would narrow and a couple of times I had to support myself on a wall or a chair. Scary a little, but I knew what was causing it. Now it happens very rarely.

desertgirl 05-15-2013 11:58 AM

Thank you for that link, tofucheez. On Monday when it happened I literally could not even clear my vision or think - I was honestly just like this ----> :stars:

I'll keep an eye on it - what's odd is all those years when I was IFing, and fasted 16 hours every.single.day - I never felt like this. :annoyed:

Thank you for the replies!

Librarygirl 05-15-2013 05:18 PM

It could be because you are so small already.:dunno: I have 180 lbs for my body to chew on when I'm not eating. :D Hope you feel better on your next DD, and if not, eat. No diet is worth having those kind of symptoms...could even be dangerous if you're driving or something like that.:hugs:

Carly 05-15-2013 05:29 PM

I felt that way early on, but it was replaced with DD energy and clarity. It just took a couple weeks for my body to adjust. I love DDs now.

tofucheez 05-15-2013 05:37 PM

Librarygirl--you may be on to something about being a smaller size......I get like this and I'm 107 pounds.

Librarygirl 05-15-2013 06:02 PM

I think ziptoplay eats higher DDs because she has those symptoms as well. Without that much to lose, higher DDs shouldn't be a problem in the long run. :)

Yennie 05-15-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarygirl (Post 16426347)
I think ziptoplay eats higher DDs because she has those symptoms as well. Without that much to lose, higher DDs shouldn't be a problem in the long run. :)

Yes, she does. I don't want to put words in her mouth but for some reason I think she has said it slows her losses slightly but thats ok when the alternative is only being able to function EOD. :)
Remember strict WLM goes up to 35% and WLM/maintenance can go as high as 45% so you can raise your DDs and still lose!

calichris 05-15-2013 09:13 PM

I also didn't feel great on DDs early on. I remember watching movies on the couch to conserve energy ... ha! Now I also have energy and lots of mental clarity on DDs. Once the SIRT 1 gene kicks in you should feel lots better.

tofucheez 05-16-2013 06:04 AM

I'm truly glad that for most of you, this is just temporary. But I would like to reiterate that it doesn't go so well for everyone. My point in saying so is so that the folks for whom it doesn't work don't feel like something is "wrong" with them or that they aren't trying hard enough. Everyone's body is different. :)

calichris 05-17-2013 10:07 AM

:goodpost:
Good point, tofucheez! We probably just don't have a lot of those people around here because they wouldn't want to stay with this WOE if they didn't feel good on it. But yes, I wholeheartedly agree.

stephdray 05-22-2013 09:32 AM

Yes, this is normal. Yes, DDs get better. For me, it took quite a few weeks and I was starting to lose it, but I muscled through it and I'm glad. I still get hungry on DDs but it's a different animal altogether. No more headaches, no more dizziness, no more distraction.

desertgirl 05-22-2013 09:50 AM

:up:I'm about two weeks in and those feelings are gone. *whew*

I'm on a down day today and while I'm really hungry for some reason (ugggg, wish my stomach would settle down.......), I feel fine. I've been able to "fast" on UDs and DDs until between noon and 3 pm without feeling weak or dizzy.

Drinking the broth those first few difficult days really helped, too.