Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
Judding - 5:2 May 13-May 19

Thought i would start this one I am officially on maintenance, not cuz' I met goal, but I think this is all I can handle right now. I am going to try to eat PHD style, and incorporating some toning exercises (thanks Carly), and just keep my down days to Monday and Friday. I have lost quite a bit of muscle trying to loose, so I need to focus on core muscle strengthening and continue eating clean, wheat free, and sugar free. Who is with me
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Nicole T
Stats: 193/189/170
WOE: hCG/Paleo
Start Date: 10/7/13
I'm IN! I was doing hcg and started off great with a 14 lb loss in the first 13 days but then my final week I actually GAINED a pound! It had to be due to the immense stress I am under (divorce issues) but the bottom line is that I didn't get to my goal (10 lbs away) and I just can't handle 7 days of 500 calories anymore with all this stress!

So I'm doing 5:2 (maybe 4:3 depending on the losses). Yesterday I had to stick to fairly fat free foods because the HCG was still in my body but I definitely ate more than 500 calories (Mother's Day cookout). So I'm doing my first fasting day today and then probably again on Thursday. I don't think I am going to weigh myself until the end of next week since I'll probably have all kinds of ups and downs due to just coming off of HCG and I dont' want to get discouraged.

I also usually eat Paleo when I'm not on HCG so my feast days will still be fairly Paleo with maybe a little cheese thrown in
Old 05-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mamatomany
WOE: PHD
Start Date: 1/17/13
That sounds great Nicole :0) Sorry you are going through so much stress, that is not a good thing for your body, mind, or soul! I only weight in on Saturday morning..I don't know how people do it everyday, I would be crazy. I may only do it every 2 weeks actually! Hoping this is gonna be a blessings for both of us :0)
Mamatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimrich2
Stats: 212/202/160
WOE: LC + 5:2
Start Date: April 15, 2013 Restart
DD for me today, and boy do I need it! Much too much splurging this weekend with date night and mother's day. I wish my weekends would calm down...
kimrich2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I had toyed with the idea of going back to EOD rotations, but am happy with how 5:2 is treating me, so I'm sticking around.

I normally do Tuesday/Friday DDs, but this week we're having a barbecue at work on Friday, so I thought about maybe making today a DD and Thursday as well. I woke up sick this morning, so the decision was made. Easiest DD ever so far.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

So far my first DD has been very easy! Maybe because I am coming off of doing 23 days straight of 500 calories so this doesn't feel all that different to me. I was worried that I'd have a lot of hunger since the hcg is out of my system but I'm actually LESS hungry today than I was when I was doing hcg!

I had low fat half and half in my coffee (2 T @ 25 cal), a Jennie-O turkey burger (160 cal) and 1/2 a cup of mashed cauliflower (30 cal).

Now I just hope I actually lose on 5:2 because this will be fairly painless to do twice a week (or even 3 times if I have to)!
Nicole T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Back on the 5:2 wagon here. I had a good fast day yesterday and today I'm going to enjoy eating. My goal is to not use up a lot of calories on sugar....I've been eating way too much chocolate on my UD's.

Have 2 days of boot camp under my belt for the week and will be back at it tomorrow at 5:45AM.

Currently eating a Yoplait Greek 100(lemon) yogurt with some mixed nuts stirred into it.....so, so yummy!

Have a great day all!
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...I think I finally figured out a plan for my 5:2 eating. I usually follow Paleo when I'm not on hCG so I think I will still follow it during the week--even on my feast days BUT...I will allow myself some bigger cheat foods (for me it'd be nachos, french fries or a gluten free cupcake) on my weekend feast days.

So it's kind of like combining 5:2 with the No S Diet (no sugar, snacks or seconds on any days that don't start with S). That way my feast days during the week don't turn into a glutton fest!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Nicole, that's how it's working out for me. I'm combining 5:2 with LC, though my weekends generally turn into plain old feast days that aren't LC. I'm working on curbing that, but it's not going too well!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrich2 View Post
Nicole, that's how it's working out for me. I'm combining 5:2 with LC, though my weekends generally turn into plain old feast days that aren't LC. I'm working on curbing that, but it's not going too well!
So are you losing at all with eating like that on the weekends? I only have about 10 lbs to lose and I know they wont come off easy but if I can do 5:2 and get to still eat some of my favorite foods, I don't care if I only lose 1/2 a pound a week...I'd be elated!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I end up netting loss at the end of the week when I weigh on Friday (M and Th DDs). I've lost about 10 pounds in 4 weeks, so I'll take it, though I know I can do better!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
10 lbs in 4 weeks. That's awesome in my book - and feasting at weekends too!!!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMBM
Stats: 204/157/135
WOE: IF/BBD
Start Date: 02/15/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Back on the 5:2 wagon here. I had a good fast day yesterday and today I'm going to enjoy eating. My goal is to not use up a lot of calories on sugar....I've been eating way too much chocolate on my UD's.

Have 2 days of boot camp under my belt for the week and will be back at it tomorrow at 5:45AM.

Currently eating a Yoplait Greek 100(lemon) yogurt with some mixed nuts stirred into it.....so, so yummy!

Have a great day all!
Hey Lori Haven't posted in a while, but finally got on today and I've been having pretty good results with the window eating along with 5:2. I'm 12.5 from calling goal. I had a pound loss this morning after my DD on Mon. I think using the window works better than having the third DD, so I'm sticking to it! Love it, love it!
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMBM View Post
Hey Lori Haven't posted in a while, but finally got on today and I've been having pretty good results with the window eating along with 5:2. I'm 12.5 from calling goal. I had a pound loss this morning after my DD on Mon. I think using the window works better than having the third DD, so I'm sticking to it! Love it, love it!
I'm sure you've already explained "the window" but would you mind saying again what you do for us newbies here? I'm guessing it's along the lines of the 5 or 8 hour diet? Do you do a window only on Down days, only on Up days or on both? Thanks!

Last edited by Nicole T; 05-14-2013 at 02:40 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole T View Post
I'm sure you've already explained "the window" but would you mind saying again what you do for us newbies here? I'm guessing it's along the lines of the 5 or 8 hour diet? Do you do a window only on Down days, only on Up days or on both? Thanks!
Nicole and welcome. I'm sorry about that. I shouldv'e included that in case someone didn't know what it meant. Anyway, your "window" is the period of time you are eating and you stop after time is up. Some people do an 8 hr window, and others a 5. For example, Begin eating at 10:30 am and go through 6:30 pm. Some people count the calories and others don't. I stick to my up day calories. I typically try to have my DD's on Mon and Wed, but sometimes have to move it to another day, but that's no biggie. On those 2 DD's I just save my calories for a small evening meal, so the window doesn't really matter on those day. It's actually probably only an hour anyway. lol Hope I explained ok. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nicole and welcome. I'm sorry about that. I shouldv'e included that in case someone didn't know what it meant. Anyway, your "window" is the period of time you are eating and you stop after time is up. Some people do an 8 hr window, and others a 5. For example, Begin eating at 10:30 am and go through 6:30 pm. Some people count the calories and others don't. I stick to my up day calories. I typically try to have my DD's on Mon and Wed, but sometimes have to move it to another day, but that's no biggie. On those 2 DD's I just save my calories for a small evening meal, so the window doesn't really matter on those day. It's actually probably only an hour anyway. lol Hope I explained ok. Good luck!
Thanks so much for explaining it! And I'm glad to hear that you have found this more effective then adding another day. I only have 10 lbs to lose and this is my first week doing 5:2 so I'm hoping I don't have to move to 4:3 in order to lose!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #17
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/140/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 08/12/2014
Nicole, I did HCG for a while (about 4 rounds) - I lost slowly (I didn't have a lot to lose) but I did lose. My problem was keeping it off ...

For example, we went to the Bahamas for a week, and when we came back I had to do another round of HCG. I was very happy to have something that worked, but still - it was WORK!

I kind of stumbled on this WOE (actually, I accidentally bought the FastDiet book on my Kindle - somehow I clicked the wrong button) - well, it was serendipitous for me, I needed something "different" and this seemed to be it. Plus my husband wanted to get rid of 3-4 pounds so he was willing to try it, too.

What I like about this WOE is it is so darned easy - and I'm even losing a bit (4.6# in 10 IF days) - I haven't enjoyed eating for such a long time, I'm really enjoying all the different foods (bananas, carrots, pineapple tomorrow ... we live in Florida and have so many good tropical fruits ...).

I've been low-carbing since 01/01/1994 (weighed >200#) - reached my goal weight in 1995 (125#) - maintained with a few blips (gaining up to 160#) along the way - lost weight on HCG but hated the no-fat! - now up about 10 pounds and looking for a solution!
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Bonnie are you close to Sarasota Fl? We went in April and loved it! My grandmother lives there and parents are moving there in October. We have plans to go again in October. I can't wait!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #19
bkm
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bkm
Stats: 200/140/130
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 08/12/2014
Carly, we live a few miles south of Sarasota - we go to Sarasota for much of our shopping, etc. - and we absolutely love this area! The weather is great (in the 80s today), the gulf is right here (we live 3 miles from the beach), the traffic is easy ... the only thing I miss from Austin, TX (where we lived before retirement) is HEB's Central Market!
bkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scalestepper
Stats: 247/190.2/less
WOE: 5:2/IF:16/8/ lc
Start Date: Atkins- 9/9/12
I'm still around and reading you guys. Not doing very good with the DDs but am doing okay with the 8 hour IF. I think that's what I'm going to go with for a while, kutgw!
scalestepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:13 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I'm losing my mojo this week. I had a good DD on Monday and meant to have one yesterday as well, but I had more like 800 cals yesterday. Was just SO hungry! I'm thinking with doing boot camp every day, 500 cals is just too low for my DD's. I have to experiment and see how I do best. Scale is not making any downward progress, so something is wrong. I know I don't go over on UD's, as its hard to eat that many calories unless you eat junk, which I'm trying not to do. Geez......2000 calories is a lot! Sigh......I'll keep plugging along.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm losing my mojo this week. I had a good DD on Monday and meant to have one yesterday as well, but I had more like 800 cals yesterday. Was just SO hungry! I'm thinking with doing boot camp every day, 500 cals is just too low for my DD's. I have to experiment and see how I do best. Scale is not making any downward progress, so something is wrong. I know I don't go over on UD's, as its hard to eat that many calories unless you eat junk, which I'm trying not to do. Geez......2000 calories is a lot! Sigh......I'll keep plugging along.
I know we have talked about this before on this board but quite a few of us find that we GAIN weight when we start working out in any kind of intense fashion. Not sure if you've looked into it or not but this usually happens for people who have an endomorph-type body (as opposed to ectomorph or mesomorph).
Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #23

I'm interested in learning more about the endomorph/ectomorph/mesomorph body types. I'll be hitting up Google in a bit.

I'm shooting for a higher than normal DD for me. Aiming for 450 calories. Just had a protein shake. Yum!

Last edited by KeirasMom; 05-16-2013 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm interested in learning more about the endomorph/exomorph body types. I'll be hitting up Google in a bit.

I'm shooting for a higher than normal DD for me. Aiming for 450 calories. Just had a protein shake. Yum!
It's interesting reading and totally explains why I gain weight whenever I do anything more than brisk walking!

I am doing a DD today too but I haven't eaten yet--just 2 T of low fat half and half in my coffee. Going to see how long I can hold out to eat "real food". I swear I have no idea how those people do it who don't eat anything on their down days!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
I know I don't go over on UD's, as its hard to eat that many calories unless you eat junk, which I'm trying not to do. Geez......2000 calories is a lot!
What are you eating on UD? You should add fat if you aren't making your numbers without "junk". I make big salads with avocado and olive oil, nuts and ribeye steak. That alone could be an 800 cal salad. :-) I also eat peanut butter with abandon. Butter goes on everything. Mayo and veggies as well as a fair amount of cheese. It also tastes so freaking good! You can do it!
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Yes, the healthy fats seem to be the answer to adding more calories without junk. Although I'd rather eat chocolate to boost my calories!

I do love guacamole, but then I'd want to eat tortilla chips! Sigh........

Round and round I go.
Lori_:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalestepper View Post
I'm still around and reading you guys. Not doing very good with the DDs but am doing okay with the 8 hour IF. I think that's what I'm going to go with for a while, kutgw!
Great! I'm sort of doing the same thing. My mom is doing 8 hr and losing around a pound a week. I try to stay between 5 and 8 hrs and try to have 2 DD. So far it's working great! I'm just wondering what to do for maintenance. I was just thinking strictly 8 hours instead of trying to do a 5 hr window.
JMBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Great! I'm sort of doing the same thing. My mom is doing 8 hr and losing around a pound a week. I try to stay between 5 and 8 hrs and try to have 2 DD. So far it's working great! I'm just wondering what to do for maintenance. I was just thinking strictly 8 hours instead of trying to do a 5 hr window.
I'm actually contemplating trying the TDEE - 15% and see if I can lose a little fat without actually losing weight, or not much. This would put me at around 1700 calories every day, though, and I'm scared to stop fasting! If I think back to how scared I was to START fasting . . .
Old 05-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm actually contemplating trying the TDEE - 15% and see if I can lose a little fat without actually losing weight, or not much. This would put me at around 1700 calories every day, though, and I'm scared to stop fasting! If I think back to how scared I was to START fasting . . .
Ok, I'll bite...what's TDEE???
Old 05-16-2013, 08:12 PM   #30

TDEE is total daily energy expenditure. What your body burns including exercise.