Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
scale opinion??

so starting juddd tomorrow..will weigh myself tomorrow to get starting weight...and then what? should i weigh after every down day? or maybe once a week, or twice a month? i heard you need to make peace with your scale with juddd, i dont want to obsess over the scale but i want to make sure i am on the right path.
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
It is up to you. The books says not to weigh daily BUT I am a daily weigher and will continue to do so. Too easy with JUDDD to miss a low and just capture a high since the bounce is all over the place for me.
Whatever works for you.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/120/118-123
WOE: JUDDD
I agree with Adi, you can do whatever works for you. If you get stressed out over seeing higher number after UD maybe you want to weigh after DD, or weigh weekly.
Personally, I like to weigh every day.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lumina
Stats: 237.6/189/189/135
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: February 11, 2014
Yeah, I agree.

I've found for myself that weighing every day keeps me accountable. After what I think may be a bad UD, I find myself trying to talk myself out of weighing. That's the kind of trouble that got me up another 40lbs after losing it the first time. No matter what the scale says, for me, it's better than ignoring the creeping weight that comes without weighing. It usually cements my desire to have a great DD as well.

You'll find what works best for you.
Lumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Reptogirl!

I agree with the others.

HOWEVER some people can't handle the characteristic "bounces" that we get with JUDDD and you'll find there's a weekly weigh-in thread as well as the daily one.

I find daily weighing is a useful tool - and probably the least reliable one! But I'm not phased by the bounces.
Logging my weight daily keeps me accountable and also helps me to spot patterns, which again help to prevent freakout.

Just remember that JUDDD isn't a fast weigh-loss diet. It's a way of eating that is sustainable and can help you to lose weight probably at about 1-2lbs per week, though many lose faster in the beginning.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Start Date: Dec 5 2014
Maybe I will weigh daily, at least for awhile and see if I can mentally handle it , right I can't expect a quick weight loss if I am only dieting every other day but I really think I can handle this, craving a food-ah can have it tomorrow. That is probably the biggest appeal for me on this WOE, followed by this is reasonable, sensible approach... And something that is do-able for the long haul. I have, like most people, tried about every diet and it always ends in failure and not because the plan is wrong but just because I screw it up. I am really looking forward to this one! And 1-2 pounds a week is better than starving yourself losing 20 and gaining 30 back. I am ALL in
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
You've got the idea!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
reptogirl. I weighed daily during WLM. I learned a lot about how my body works and how it is effected by different factors.
Carly is online now   Reply With Quote