Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to this protocol ... (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803927-new-protocol.html)

bkm 05-11-2013 05:45 PM

New to this protocol ...

Hi - several months ago I read the JUDDD book/protocol - never got into it for a variety of (not very-good) reasons. Then about a month ago I read the "FastDiet" book, essentially a 500 calorie day twice a week. My husband and I chose Monday and Thursday. The rest of the time you simply eat as you choose.

We're low-carbers from a low time back, so we seldom deviate - BUT we've discovered that we can splurge and get away with it by eating this way! For example, we shared a pizza and drank beer a few days ago - and NO WEIGHT GAIN! This is fantastic! Here's hoping it continues ...

I've been reading through a lot of the posts - we're not losing, simply maintaining - but it seems to work for many of you. And it's so easy!

Carly 05-11-2013 05:55 PM

I'm maintaining with 5:2. It's been a fabulous maintenance plan. :welcome:

Yennie 05-11-2013 06:02 PM

Hi Bonnie,
Welcome to intermittent fasting! I'm not in maintenance yet but I'm excited to continue on this awesome WOE until I get there, and then keep it up with a modified schedule.
Isn't it great to be able to eat "normally" and maintain?
We're happy you've joined us!

Flutter 05-11-2013 07:21 PM

Seeing so many happy maintainers here is exactly what prompted me to excitedly try JUDDD. 5:2 sounds like it's a fabulous fit for you! Welcome and happy UD pizza/beer partaking! :clap:

KeirasMom 05-12-2013 06:01 AM

Yup, another JUDDDer through WLM here and maintaining with 5:2. Isn't it wonderful to be able to have the things we used to think we had to deny ourselves for the rest of our lives? :heart:

:welcome:

theredhead 05-12-2013 07:32 AM

My DH and I have been maintaining extremely well with JUDDD and have found the same thing to be true for us. We're long-time low carbers, but eating this way allows us to splurge quite often without dire consequences. My parents were so impressed, they've started having 2 DDs a week and are maintaining excellent weights. My mom keeps telling me she feels she's eating way too much on UDs, but she's lost a few pounds, so I tell her not to let it bother her unless she starts gaining weight. Works for me! ;)

Flossyliz 05-12-2013 08:48 AM

:welcome: Bonnie and your DH.

Congratulations on your liberating discovery!

:jumpjoy: Beer and pizza :yummy:

bkm 05-14-2013 09:46 AM

:jumpjoy:Wow! I've completed 10 IF days - started at 136.8#, and today weighed 132.2# - a loss of 4.6# - and I wasn't even trying!:jumpjoy:

During this time period, one of my sons came back (safe and sound, thank God) from Afghanistan - this resulted in a quick visit - eating "correctly" was the not on our minds and we had pizzas, etc.

Then one of my daughters and her new husband came for a weekend - again, some very good pizza and beer, and the following afternoon we drank a pitcher of sangria and ate tapas ... and my husband and I followed that visit with another trip to the brew pub and again ate pizza and drank beer!

Plus I've now started eating a banana every couple of days and carrot sticks (2 favorites that we never touched during our low-carbing years).

The rest of the time we've eaten somewhat low-carb (and pretty much healthfully) - no processed sugar or flour (except for the pizzas ...).

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that this continues! This WOE is so much easier and more pleasant than strict low-carbing! And I won't even turn down losing a few more pounds!

zipp2play 05-14-2013 11:12 AM

Amazing, isn't it??? :welcome: to our group!

LoCarbGal 05-14-2013 11:17 AM

That's just wonderful! I love hearing results like yours!

Librarygirl 05-14-2013 04:36 PM

Sounds exciting and wonderful!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Welcome Bonnie! I can't wait to get to maintenance, even though losing is almost as fun. ;)

Genie80 05-15-2013 12:33 AM

Great to hear about your success Bonnie, I changed from low carb to JUDDD because it is something I can see myself doing long term!

Keep it up hun x