Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DOWN DAY--Saturday (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803889-down-day-saturday.html)

Trigger828 05-11-2013 07:42 AM

DOWN DAY--Saturday

Didn't see a thread so here is my saturday.

down day today

late lunch --1 can progresso soup 160 cals

snack of raspberries or blueberries (70)

late dinner of 4 oz chicken, brocc/cauli mix, 1/4 cup alfredo, 4 Tbsp parm cheese (200 cal)

leave a bit for maybe a sugar free fudge pop (or 2) tonight (40 cals ea)

Yennie 05-11-2013 07:51 AM

B: Coffee with HWC & SF Vanilla syrup
L/D: Potatoes
K.I.S.S! <-- The last "S" is referring to me ;)

Planelman 05-11-2013 08:29 AM

B: coffee
L: gym! Weight lifting and cardio
D: I spent the morning putting together a pot of what I'm calling Down Day Chili, which for a 2 cup serving comes in at around 371 calories, I'll probably add some sour cream to it.

The chili should make 7 2 cup servings so I'll put 3 in the fridge for the next 3 DD's and then the rest in the freezer for whenever I want chili again on a DD.

Trigger828 05-11-2013 08:44 AM

Panelman could you please share the chili receipe. I would love to have individual servings frozen for down days. thanks

Planelman 05-11-2013 09:01 AM

I usually change it up a little each time, I added the Jalapenos this time because I couldn't figure out what to do with them and they were in my fridge. This should make about 14 cups, and when I put everything into a recipie app I have and make it into 7 servings it comes to about 371 per serving.

1 lb. Grassfed Ground Beef
1 lb. Pastured Sweet Italian Pork Sausage
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
10 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2 28oz Rotel Mild Diced Tomatoes and Diced Green Chilies
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
3 Tablespoons Franks red hot sauce
2 Jalapeno Peppers
1 bag mini sweet peppers

I should probably add that I adapted this from a chili recipe on a web site called MomWhoThink under Best Chili Recipe, I just removed most of the non-low carb ingredients and I think made it more healthy.

Trigger828 05-11-2013 09:10 AM

wonderful. thank you. I have printed it out and am definitely going to try this.
2 cups is a nice size portion. would make me happy on a down day to have this available.
appreciate it!

AND wow on that weight loss! You're doing wonderful!

LoCarbGal 05-11-2013 09:20 AM

I've decided that I'm going to ease off a bit and do a modified maintenance break, with DDs in the 700-1000 range, so today will look something like this:

B: Coffee/HWC (maybe 2)
L: FF greek yogurt
D: 2 or 3 HB eggs, maybe a touch of mayo

Planelman 05-11-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trigger828 (Post 16419850)
wonderful. thank you. I have printed it out and am definitely going to try this.
2 cups is a nice size portion. would make me happy on a down day to have this available.
appreciate it!

AND wow on that weight loss! You're doing wonderful!

Thanks! And if you have enough calories 2 tablespoons of sour cream is about 60 calories, lower if you go with a light or fat free, and it makes it great. I made this one fairly spicy so you can adjust to make it more mild, it is still good.

It also goes great on an omelet, 1/3 cup would be about 61 calories, on top of an egg substitute omelet would is a great meal, again with sour cream even better!

Trigger828 05-11-2013 12:04 PM

On an omelet. Never thought of that.

I am spicy gal. the more the better so this suits me just fine!
also would be good on some hot dogs on the grill. my kind of chili defintely.

Flutter 05-11-2013 07:24 PM

Chili sounds wonderful! It was so cold here today, would have been wonderful!

I am at about 90 calories today. Hormonal, I am sure, since it was all in dark chocolate and screamed at me until I ate it. Lol!

Scarlett46 05-12-2013 06:26 PM

Chili over an omelet is awesome. My favorite Bob Evans breakfast is the Border Scramble Omemet. At home, I don't even bother making an omelet though (I suck at keeping it all together) so I just add scrambled egg(s) to a small bowl of chili for a nice breakfast. YUM!