Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
There's a thoughtful piece by Lionel Shriver in The Guardian: 'If you're thin, you are a kook; if you're fat, you're a failure.

Quote:
The human form, and thus the human spirit, is perfectible. Salvation awaits, so long as you pass on that cupcake. All you poor caterpillars can turn into butterflies by dropping another jeans size. Skinniness is next to godliness, and, as you narrow, you near redemption. Subscribers to the ethos of evaporation believe in purification through sacrifice, in the mortification of the flesh, in the triumph of the will. It's an unending battle for self-improvement, but with this crucial caveat: to improve the self is to improve the body. The self is the body. What you see is what you are...

The most revolutionary tenet of this manifesto: comely or plain, the body is a husk. It is a home, and can be loved in its way, but in time it will betray you, the scrawny and stout alike, and it is not you. Skinniness is not next to godliness; it is next to nothing. A new look is not a new self. A smaller waist is not the solution to all your problems. Get down to size six, and you will still hate your job and be at loggerheads with your mother.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Dawn, I think you look great! You're tall and slim now. And, trust me, shape wear will only do so much. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be a sound decision.
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mojocat
Stats: 233/209/180/119 Height 5ft7inch
WOE: LC/Juicing/rxHCG, JUDDD/IF/No S foods
Start Date: 28 Jan 2012
Trigger: That post is amazing!! I need to take heed because it has hit home with me. Thank you. I need to take stock and be happy with myself. "Losing more" than what my body wants has put me under so much stress. I'm at a good place now and just need to maintain and be happy. Thank you again for a wonderful insight.
mojocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
mojocat. good for you!! being comfortable and happy at goal is important. I sure will have that this time at goal. no more dieting maniac times for this gal.

and Mojo your stats are amazing! Maintain well and enjoy life now
Trigger828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
Thanks for your heartrending post Trigger. I've had a few debates with myself in the shower recently. Do I want to stop now, or do I want to lose just that little bit more? It would be nice to be a definite (US)6 and not inbetween 6 and 8. Clothes will fit better if I lose more of this squidge etc etc

This morning, naked in front of the mirror, I was fascinated and delighted with my new slim figure. Then I had a surprising moment of real grief for the twenty years I have spent since I whacked on 30lbs as I turned 40.

30 lbs won't sound much to some of you who have lost heroic amounts of weight but I'm 5'2”, with a very short back, and skinny legs. Even 6 lbs has nowhere to be hidden. It goes straight to my face and belly. Photos always make my double chin much bigger and I usually try to stay safe behind the camera. It was hard to get jeans that fit well and were comfy. I've lived for years in baggy clothes. I wish I had found JUDDD 20 years ago before my self-image could take such a nosedive!

The other thing that I grieved for was the damage I might have done to my health while carrying so much belly fat. I had warning symptoms of metabolic syndrome a few years ago and read about the dangers of being apple-shaped. I got down to 140lbs and kept it there for a few years, thanks to the Mastering Leptin book.

When my weight started racing upwards last year, I was scared. Thank goodness I found JUDDD! Hopefully I have been in time to avoid diabetes and CHD. Time will tell.

Dawn, I think you look absolutely great now – in fact size 8 at your height sounds positively willowy!! I'm glad you've decided the same.

I firmly believe that our bodies know how to establish equilibrium, of we just do our best to help them. If we nourish them properly and don't stress about stupid stuff, they will take care of us. JUDDD is an amazing tool that we are so fortunate to have discovered. It can help us to do just that.

By the way Dawn, if you'd like some extra padding for your neck and arms, I still have some to spare!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Liz, I'd love it if the fat from my tummy would move to my neck and arms! Problem solved.

I know what you mean about the grief over years lost. I've had a wonderful adult life, even during the "fat years," but it would have been so much better to have not gotten to such a negative place, emotionally, about my appearance. It's really hard to change one's perspective.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/120/110-114
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
Dawn!

You do look great!

Sounds like you just do not like your "belly". For the past 5 weeks or so DH has cut out almost all wheat ( Because Bill O'R recommended this on TV), today he said he has lost 5 # and all of it is in the waist area! You may want to try this too, I'm going to! DH really does not to diet at all, just wanted a slimmer tummy! Went from a 36 waist to a 34 !

Why is it men can lose when some of us struggle?
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Liz, I'd love it if the fat from my tummy would move to my neck and arms! Problem solved.

I know what you mean about the grief over years lost. I've had a wonderful adult life, even during the "fat years," but it would have been so much better to have not gotten to such a negative place, emotionally, about my appearance. It's really hard to change one's perspective.
I would honestly love to slide 8 pounds from my belly and place 4 pounds on each cheek (not the ones on my face either) I, too, have had a blessed, adult, life, but I wish I hadn't spent the last 5 years hating how I looked. I start my new job/ promotion tomorrow and I know I only had the confidence to go for it since I lost the weight.

Remembering how terrible I felt about my appearance back then should surely help prevent pounds from creeping back on. That and coming here daily!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post
Dawn!

You do look great!

Sounds like you just do not like your "belly". For the past 5 weeks or so DH has cut out almost all wheat ( Because Bill O'R recommended this on TV), today he said he has lost 5 # and all of it is in the waist area! You may want to try this too, I'm going to! DH really does not to diet at all, just wanted a slimmer tummy! Went from a 36 waist to a 34 !

Why is it men can lose when some of us struggle?
I did wheat/gluten free for a week and it was HARD! I also didn't notice any difference, then I did a sensitivity test and determined I'm not sensitive to wheat or gluten. I think it's just my extra skin and I have to learn to love it or work harder to tighten it up. I've lost over 120 pounds, so I guess I can't expect the body I had in my 20's.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #40

So all, after all my moaning and complaining . . . I went shopping this morning and decided to try the Levi's in 6L, and, drumroll please . . . they fit (with a muffin top), but they make my behind look great! So I bought them, and will be working on the muffin top.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
So all, after all my moaning and complaining . . . I went shopping this morning and decided to try the Levi's in 6L, and, drumroll please . . . they fit (with a muffin top), but they make my behind look great! So I bought them, and will be working on the muffin top.
Awesome!!!!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
I am still so behind over here and just read through this. I am LOLOL at those 6's fitting after all. All that torture for nothing! Seriously, though, Dawn, you really do look fabulous. You are positively TEENIE in your recent photos. Enjoy and be proud of yourself! Yay you!!!!!!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #43

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
Dawn I can imagine what a great feeling that was! Look at you go girl! Your height and a size 6! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
DRUMROLL for Dawn!

Incidentally, I remembered that the ONLY time I've every had a flat belly was way back in the annals of history when I was 16. I had a Saturday job where I had to keep reaching up to lift handbags (purses) down to show customers. My belly was always remarkably flat on Sundays!

Once I spotted this, tried to remember to reach up to touch the lintel every time I went through a door empty-handed. Left for going out, right for going in. Works well if you're only short!

The only other thing that's ever worked for me is yoga. Again, it's the stretching. If you're taught correctly how to do the mula bandha as you practise, it's very effective for tums and waists. Yoga is great for core muscles too.

Last edited by Flossyliz; 05-13-2013 at 06:42 AM..
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
WOW! That is fantastic Dawn! Congratulations, you're a 6! How cool is that?
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
I've lost over 120 pounds, so I guess I can't expect the body I had in my 20's.
You've lost an entire person!

Congrats on the size 6 jeans. What an accomplishment. I've never fit into a size six. I went straight from children's clothes to a woman's size 12
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LiLi914
Stats: 270/215/145
Start Date: 2/16/2013
Quote:
Woo hoo! Werk girl!
LiLi914 is offline   Reply With Quote