Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
My JUDDD BUDDD'S

I have to say good bye to you for a short time! I will be back! I do love JUDDD alot. But my GP wants me to go back to LC until I can get my blood pressure and lipids under control. He feels that when I was doing JUDDD it was to easy for me to add in the sugar and carbs that my body is showing it doesnt like. I told him how much I loved JUDDD and how it fit in with my life, and we made a deal. I go back to LC for a few months take my statin and see where I am and then maybe JUDDD can be a possiblity. He is thinking more a maintance type thing I think while continuing with LC foods. I dont know will figure it out when the time comes!

He admitted he didnt know much about the fasting thing, but he know that LC is better for the heart. He promised to read up on fasting since I was so very much for it. He said maybe once he learns more on it, he might be able to pass it on to other patients! But for now LC and keep up my running and all that other fun stuff!!

He wants to see 20 lbs gone by July if possible when I have to do blood work for him and possible a EKG, but he will take any loss! I explained all that has been happening to me since the begining of the year and he said it all does go hand in hand and I need to do drastic now or it might be to late later. I am where I can reverse the possiblity of heart disease if I put my mind to it! He does want me on a low dose HRT, but gynie when I called her is still against it until her set of blood work in OCT.....so all this is seemed to be because of the lack of estrogen at the moment. So GP said we will do what we can!

Anyways, this is all just crazy for me! I went from losing weight to gaining it back over night while still trying to lose it! Then all the bloodwork and diagnosis and just feeling old over night! I thought I was healthy and then found out I wasnt! lol!! Its been hard to put my head around it, but I will follow my GP's advice and see what I can do! THEN I think JUDDD maintance will work best! But I have to get from point A to B first!!! I will will stop in and read the boards when I can!! I just wanted to let you all know so you dont think I fell off the face of the planet!!

Good news is he put me on Losartan for my BP, and a week ago it was 161/98 with a pulse of 98....yesterday it was 110/78 with a pulse of 64!! That felt good to see, even thought it was because of a pill....I did notice that I wasnt feeling my heart beat out my neck vein for a couple days, but a pulse of 64 is awesome!!! <---always new it and the BP was high, but the pulse after I ran could really really get up there and I was scared of inducing a heart attack or stroke because of it! Now I can run more comfortably!! lol!! Oh the little things!!!

Take care all!!! See ya again soon!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: angie1
Stats: 185/171.6/155 - 5'5
WOE: Stillman's*
Good luck with Low carb!! Hope to see you back here soon!
angie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you're able to return!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Good luck getting all this under control, and do pop in and let us know how you're doing. I still love LC, so I hope you will do well on it and not be too unhappy with what you're eating. Sounds like you've got some good doctors that are trying hard to work with you. Take care!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Wow a GP advocating lc? I've yet to find one myself.

Good luck to you! I hope lc accomplishes everything you and your doctor are hoping for. I do think it's the healthiest way to eat.
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you all!!

I am actually enjoying the foods again. I mean yesterday I had a big old steak and a salad! YUM!!! Today is day 4 for me and I hit that wall of I am not hungry but I know I have to eat.....so today has been 2 hard boiled eggs and so far 32oz of water.......Hopefully by supper time I will be hungry.

Yes Dee, he does like LC!! You know I used to work with this guy when I was in nursing home settings and to be honest, I hated him! But I realized he is just that smart! He is always reading and trying what is best. I know when I started going to see him (only because thats where hubby and kids went for GP) he would sit down with you first and tell you about studies he read that related to you. Then I would go home and look it and up and started think hmmmm he's on to something. I just kinda grew to like him over time, once I understood him! GP is very LC, he has tried in his hardest to get hubby to do it, hubby has family history of diabetes and his A1C is 6.2 and is being watched, but hubby wont do it!

Oh well if I can get it to all work out in the end and only have to be on a statin for a limited time, that would be the point of this and just wonderful!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #7

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
the problem is that even when you change your lipid tests by taking a statin, that's not connected with reduced deaths from heart problems. apparently the thing the tests measure is not exactly the thing that correlates with heart attacks, and the thing the statins reduce is not helpful!

so if the sugars and carbs are causing problems, it might be that taking the statins will just HIDE those problems and give you a false sense of security. good luck!
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/190/150; 5'5"
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
Quote:
the problem is that even when you change your lipid tests by taking a statin, that's not connected with reduced deaths from heart problems. apparently the thing the tests measure is not exactly the thing that correlates with heart attacks, and the thing the statins reduce is not helpful!
Depending on who you talk to, cholesterol altogether might have no link to heart attacks. The Weston Price Foundation advocates that.

Quote:
Yes Dee, he does like LC!! You know I used to work with this guy when I was in nursing home settings and to be honest, I hated him! But I realized he is just that smart! He is always reading and trying what is best. I know when I started going to see him (only because thats where hubby and kids went for GP) he would sit down with you first and tell you about studies he read that related to you. Then I would go home and look it and up and started think hmmmm he's on to something. I just kinda grew to like him over time, once I understood him! GP is very LC, he has tried in his hardest to get hubby to do it, hubby has family history of diabetes and his A1C is 6.2 and is being watched, but hubby wont do it!
A well informed doctor is an amazing gift, especially one who is open to unconventional solutions. I hope your husband sees how well low-carb goes for you and gets inspired! And once you get things under control, you can always come back to JUDDD. My long-term goal plan is to eat more paleo (which I think is the cleanest way of eating) combined with JUDDD, but it can be hard to resist those carbs!
deedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
You can still do JUDDD. Low carb is the diet; JUDDD is the schedule.
One does not preclude the other.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenrose View Post

so if the sugars and carbs are causing problems, it might be that taking the statins will just HIDE those problems and give you a false sense of security. good luck!
The Triglycerides are a better indicator of heart disease and heart attack, more so than cholesterol. Mine are 234, I am taking fish oil for this now as I read that is a huge help.

The total cholesterol is not the worry he has (well it is but isnt), its the HDL which is 34.

These are all my totals:

Cholesterol 264 (High)
HDL 34 (low)
LDL 183 (High)
VLDL 47 (High)
Trig 234 (High)
Glucose 97 (normal/higher range)

Now he didnt want to give me a statin, nor do I really want to take one at my age (38). But He said its a short term to lower the numbers enough to be a normal range for my age, then to remove me from the statin and allow a LC diet that I am now starting to follow again to take over once the statins are removed. I understand his theory and concern and I am will to work with him as he is willing to work with me. This is all mainly due to a family history of heart disease, he feels this is best for me. My dad had his 1st heart attack at age 43, his forth came last year at age 63. My grandfather died at 41 of heart attack. My other grandfather at 54. My mother is now on a statin at age 56. Also I was diagnosed with premature menopause which sucked away my estrogen, so without the estrogen I need at the moment, I am at a greater risk for high blood pressure and higher lipids, which is why my GP thinks all my blood work went boinkers in a few short months. I cant go on HRT until a second blood test from my gynie in OCT. So I am between a rock and a hard place at the moment and why this is all a temporary solution. Believe me I watched statin nation, I read articles and a book on all this.........however I think this may be of help for a short time, until like I said I can get it all in check over the next few months!!

I have really really really been back and forth with this....but like I said for a few months to try might be better than nothing in the long run!! I truely believe its more the estrogen factor than anything, but like I said cant do anything until Oct. Everything was fine until the womanly issues started.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tobelowcarber
Stats: 136/118.8/115-120
Best wishes on switching to low carb. I am sure you know this, but can always do JUDD low carb. That's what I am doing.
tobelowcarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobelowcarber View Post
Best wishes on switching to low carb. I am sure you know this, but can always do JUDD low carb. That's what I am doing.
I know, I plan to do that with maintance when the time comes. I want to do strict LC the way Dr A wrote it to be to rid of my cravings and plus I am trying to quit smoking at the same time as all of this.....and I think being able to eat LC everyday is better with cravings.........like right now I eating cheese cut long like a cig.....not the same but better than the other lol!! Thank goodness its getting warmer......I can mess with my flower garden and forgot about nicotine!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
Take care of your health and look forward to seeing you back in the future!
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
take care of yourself.
congrats on that BP change. great numbers! even if it had to be a pill

a few did tell me you can easily do low carb and JUDDD. are you willing to try it?
might be the ticket for you.

so glad you are taking care of yourself.
Trigger828 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Good luck, Katie and I hope this is the break you need. I agree with everyone that you can do LC and JUDDD in tandem and I'm sure that would work. I also understand if you just need a break from IF. I know that I do too, and will come back when I'm ready. Stick around on the boards at least!
Librarygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you everyone!! I know I can do JUDDD and LC together, I have a goal though. By Oct. I want to have lost atleast 20 pounds and have corrected my eating to be able to be off statins. If I do JUDDD and LC together I having a feeling it will be "the day of the doughnut" all over again for me. JUDDD gave me an excuse to eat white starches and sugars while losing weight. I really need to focus on the LC part first. I really have been back and forth in my mind over this.......really truely this was hard to decide.....because I love JUDDD and the freedom it gave me.....its just that freedom hurt me....I will be back!!! I cant stay away to long....JUDDD is perfect for me....just for maintance I think!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Tanya
You are going to get through all of this and come out shining! Good luck with the LC and the cigarette quitting. It's been almost 2 years since I quit smoking and it was the best gift I ever gave myself. The weight loss is a close second. &
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Oh Tanya, be kind and loving to yourself, first and foremost! You've been through so very much of late and it is hard to wrap your head around all of it at once.

WTG on giving up the cigarrettes!!! I quit in 2000 and it is amazing how much better I feel now. I am so proud of you!!

I am one who has to plug LC into JUDDD to get good results. Aside from the fact that I don't feel well if I eat very many carbs, they turn on the hunger monster for me BIGTIME. I have to stay low- moderate on the carbs or I don't lose weight-- JUDDD or not.

It is great that you have a GP that is aware of the benefits of LC. I bet that since he's such a research junkie he'll love what turning on the sirtuins via JUDDD do for our bodies. I'll bet you can look forward to a revised attitude from your GP once he's dabbled in his research.

We will be here for you and we will look forward to having you keep us updated on how you are.

HUG HUG HUG!!!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Seriously I really hate low carb! I am a person who can not, I repeat can not eat everyday! Between the I just am not a wake up and eat breakfast and most of the time lunch too kind of person, and the the whole as soon as I eat I gain type of person..........it makes for very hard to do the LC lifestyle for me!!!

I have officially been eating low carb 1 week!! Just one week and today was my weigh in day.......and what did my scale say...........a gain of 5 lbs!!! 5 lbs.....ugggghhhhhh!

You know JUDDD worked for me....and whether my doc says go for it or not, I need JUDDD for my sanity!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Yikes! 5# in a week on LC??? Tell me again why you can't just do lowER carb with JUDDD? Shhhh! Don't tell him!!!!!
Flutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
Yikes! 5# in a week on LC??? Tell me again why you can't just do lowER carb with JUDDD? Shhhh! Don't tell him!!!!!
He doesnt know about the fasting thing. He said he would read up on it. But he said with starting new meds and all this other stuff that LC is what he wanted.............I dont.......I think I will go with the dont tell him.........5lbs How does that happen?!?!? I was eating salads every day......I was seeing salads in my sleep..........little green bits of lettuce just floating there I swear!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
Ah, Tanya, bummer! I'm not sure what to say - you know you can do LC and JUDDD, even if you didn't its been pointed out. But for your mental health you're choosing not to and believe me, I get that! But I wonder if IF is what your body wants?
Hugs to you, I'm sorry for your struggles.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
Ah, Tanya, bummer! I'm not sure what to say - you know you can do LC and JUDDD, even if you didn't its been pointed out. But for your mental health you're choosing not to and believe me, I get that! But I wonder if IF is what your body wants?
Hugs to you, I'm sorry for your struggles.
I know! I am just a dummy! I just had so much info thrown at me by 2 different doctors and figured I better listen and look what it did to me! I think being a rebel is more my speed!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
You're not a dummy, you're listening to the professional. Now I guess its time to listen to YOU!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Tanya, that sucks! I'm sure it's your body adjusting to yet another thing being thrown at it. Plus, for me anyway, eating LC usually means more calories (meat, eggs, butter, cheese, yada yada). Ultimately, you're going to have to do what feels right for you.

BTW, your new avi is just beautiful. Both you and your daughter (I assume) are gorgeous!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the avi!!!!

So what's the latest? how are you and what are you trying???
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! Yes that is my daughter Katie. I loved that picture of us! Its from last summer though. I put all my photos on a disc when my computer went nuts and had to restore the whole thing and I cant find the recent ones of me. lol!

I am going to do JUDDD, just lower carb. Not carb free, as I really do like steel cut oats, and they are good for cholesterol so, I can have a bowl every other day. They are so filling that I cant even eat the full serving.

I am on a DD today, which works out cause I am crazy busy running in and out the house today. I did stop and get the kids Whoppers from BK (sale) and me a coffee and was very proud that I didnt get me any food! I am going for 100 calorie DD's!! I have 20 lbs to lose by July.....hopefully......10lbs will make me happy.....20lbs makes the Doctor happy lol! Thank you for asking! I finally had a chance to sit and read the boards before I have to run back out. My daughter is photographing a friends dad's wedding tomorrow, a senior project thing, and I have a list of do's she gave me lol!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Katie is just adorable, as are you.

Good for you for staying strong at BK; very doubtful that I could have remained on plan!

Lower carb JUDDD is a great way to get the benefits of both strategies. I have every confidence that you will meet with great success by dovetailing them.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay, thanks for updating! I am thinking the lower carb Juddd will work wonderfully!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sleepingduty
Stats: 144/127/125
WOE: Low Carb/JUDD
Start Date: 2012
Coenzyme q10 with statins

Sometimes I think physicians look at numbers according to labs and automatically look for a pill to help. The first thing your GP should have told you is that statins lower coenzyme Q10 which is critical for heart health. Did he tell you that u need supplementation with at least 200 mg of coenzyme q 10? Also, if your thyroid hormones TSH, free T3, and free T4 are out of whack, they will effect your cholesterol and triglyceride numbers. Combine that with low levels of estrogen and progesterone, and maybe adrenal fatigue thrown into the mix, you have a recipe for personal health disaster. I think eating low carb and avoiding processed foods and sugars is a great start along with the JUDDing, but you must look at the whole picture first, look at symptoms and labs, get your system in balance, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I suspect you have been under a lot of stress and your body is telling you fix it! I hope you have success in getting to the bottom of your health issues. You are too young for this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krow134 View Post
The Triglycerides are a better indicator of heart disease and heart attack, more so than cholesterol. Mine are 234, I am taking fish oil for this now as I read that is a huge help.

The total cholesterol is not the worry he has (well it is but isnt), its the HDL which is 34.

These are all my totals:

Cholesterol 264 (High)
HDL 34 (low)
LDL 183 (High)
VLDL 47 (High)
Trig 234 (High)
Glucose 97 (normal/higher range)

Now he didnt want to give me a statin, nor do I really want to take one at my age (38). But He said its a short term to lower the numbers enough to be a normal range for my age, then to remove me from the statin and allow a LC diet that I am now starting to follow again to take over once the statins are removed. I understand his theory and concern and I am will to work with him as he is willing to work with me. This is all mainly due to a family history of heart disease, he feels this is best for me. My dad had his 1st heart attack at age 43, his forth came last year at age 63. My grandfather died at 41 of heart attack. My other grandfather at 54. My mother is now on a statin at age 56. Also I was diagnosed with premature menopause which sucked away my estrogen, so without the estrogen I need at the moment, I am at a greater risk for high blood pressure and higher lipids, which is why my GP thinks all my blood work went boinkers in a few short months. I cant go on HRT until a second blood test from my gynie in OCT. So I am between a rock and a hard place at the moment and why this is all a temporary solution. Believe me I watched statin nation, I read articles and a book on all this.........however I think this may be of help for a short time, until like I said I can get it all in check over the next few months!!

I have really really really been back and forth with this....but like I said for a few months to try might be better than nothing in the long run!! I truely believe its more the estrogen factor than anything, but like I said cant do anything until Oct. Everything was fine until the womanly issues started.
Sleepingduty is offline   Reply With Quote