Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to JUDDD: Quick intro and question (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803819-new-juddd-quick-intro-question.html)

LivinTheDream 05-10-2013 07:32 AM

New to JUDDD: Quick intro and question

Hello all! :hiya:

I've been lurking in the forums for about a week now, reading and absorbing as much info as I can, and I'm really excited to try JUDDD. It seems like a totally do-able way to lose weight and be healthy.

A little background on me: I'm 28, and don't have a ton of weight to lose, but it seems like I just can't find a plan that I can stick to in the long term. I did the Ideal Protein diet earlier this year, and it works great, but it's extremely strict, and while I did get to my goal weight, I started to gain it back almost immediately. I think it's because I was so deprived and so restricted everyday for 3+ months, that when I finally got some "freedom" I went a little crazy. That's one of the big reasons that JUDDD appeals to me: you only have to restrict for a few days a week, not months at a time.

My question is: does anyone do 3 DD's/week and 4 UD's? Like I was thinking that I'd do Sun/Tues/Thurs as DD's and Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat as UD's. It's not quite every other day, so wasn't sure if that's an OK way to go about it, and I'd love to hear some suggestions or opinions on what works for you. It's just that weekends are really tough for me to stay on any sort of diet, and I'm trying to make this WOE work for my lifestyle.

Sorry my post got a little longer than I'd planned! I'm looking forward to trying a new lifestyle and learning all I can from these forums!

angie1 05-10-2013 07:38 AM

When I first started JUDD. I did M-W-F DD and then UD - Tues-Thurs-Sat and an MD (in between the two) sunday. I lost 20 lbs in 2 months !! and found it very maintainable!

I think your plan sounds good. If you find you are not losing you can always adjust!

Good luck!!!!

Carly 05-10-2013 07:53 AM

I did strict every other day rotations during weight loss, but I know some people have had success with only 3 DDs per week. You said you don't have much to lose which may make that easier or harder since the last bit can be harder to lose for some people. Give it a try and if losses are slow you can do eod rotations if you wish. The 2 UDs won't be too bad as long as they are not UUADs. Making on a MD may help. MD = 60% on the Juddd calculator.
Welcome!

Genie80 05-10-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinTheDream (Post 16418317)
My question is: does anyone do 3 DD's/week and 4 UD's? Like I was thinking that I'd do Sun/Tues/Thurs as DD's and Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat as UD's.

I started on the alternate day rotations then after a week realised that my life revolves around us doing 'stuff' on Fridays & saturdays so changed to exactly the rotations you've mentioned.

I've lost 2.4lbs this week and that was having thursday, Friday & Saturday of last week on UD's because that was when I switched :)

Good luck with it x

LivinTheDream 05-10-2013 11:24 AM

Thanks for all your replies. I'll start out with the 3/4 method for now and see how it goes. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

DeltaBigBoy 05-11-2013 04:31 PM

I'm like Genie. I prefer my days off to both be UDs. I find it brutal and I'm dwelling on food otherwise. I tend to watch more on the idiot box on those days and those darn food commercials!! I just try to make sure I keep an overall calorie deficit and I've been happy with my success.

My last 13 days schedule U U D U D U D U U D D U D.

Tomorrow will be another DD then I feed Mon & Tues on my days off!

I hope you find this WOE a blast. I love it. It's a "way of life" instead of a diet.

Everyone on here is great.

Flutter 05-11-2013 07:19 PM

Welcome to you! JUDDD is so flexible and fabulous! I hope you love it!!!

LoCarbGal 05-13-2013 10:17 AM

:welcome:! I hope you love JUDDD as much as I do. And definitely take advantage of this board and all the info and support it offers!

zipp2play 05-13-2013 11:11 AM

:welcome: give it a try and see what happens!

Sirtain 05-14-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaBigBoy (Post 16420370)

My last 13 days schedule U U D U D U D U U D D U D.

Heehee. I was wondering if we translated the Us and Ds to dots and dashes, if there might be a secret message eventually. :)

DeltaBigBoy 05-14-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16424152)
Heehee. I was wondering if we translated the Us and Ds to dots and dashes, if there might be a secret message eventually. :)

I heard there is a new movie coming out called "The JUDDD Code" staring Tom Hanks. :p