Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   DD FRIDAY!! Menu?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803812-dd-friday-menu.html)

adillenal 05-10-2013 04:58 AM

DD FRIDAY!! Menu??

DD
B - coffee with HWC - not hungry now so will re evaluate after outside chores. Running late since I am not going to my day job today
cold boiled potatoes with sea salt the rest of the day

TryingJudd 05-10-2013 06:07 AM

Business event tonight so planning on some limited cocktail type nibbles in the evening. Sadly, no wine. During the day today I will have a few HB egg whites and some cherry tomatoes.

phoenix17 05-10-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16418019)
DD

cold boiled potatoes with sea salt the rest of the day

Adillenal, what kind of potatoes do you eat cold? I tried some of those steam-in-the-bag fingerlings and they were too soggy or something! Obviously cooked too long.

adillenal 05-10-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 16418156)
Adillenal, what kind of potatoes do you eat cold? I tried some of those steam-in-the-bag fingerlings and they were too soggy or something! Obviously cooked too long.

I only eat Yukon gold potaotes cold and boiled. I bought some fingerlings on sale just to try since they were pretty expensive and did not really care for them. Not enough to ever buy again anyway. Cold Gold all the way. Once I got used to cold with just sea salt I am good. Adding tasty condiments other than salt just make me want another potato.

LoCarbGal 05-10-2013 07:49 AM

It's my scheduled UD, but since I'm potato hacking today, I'll log in here.

B: Coffee/HWC
L: baked potato w/s&p and malt vinegar
D: boiled potatoes with salt and lemon pepper

Demonica 05-10-2013 08:35 AM

Trying this again:annoyed:

B- BP coffee (95)
L- coffee with HWC (50)
D- 1/4 C tuna with 1/2 tsp EVOO, 1/2 tbsp mayo, mustard and relish= tuna salad type thing, string cheese, 5 olives (215)

total 360

phoenix17 05-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 16418205)
I only eat Yukon gold potaotes cold and boiled. I bought some fingerlings on sale just to try since they were pretty expensive and did not really care for them. Not enough to ever buy again anyway. Cold Gold all the way. Once I got used to cold with just sea salt I am good. Adding tasty condiments other than salt just make me want another potato.

Maybe I'll try that.. I've had roasted fingerlings and thought them yummy but that steaming - not so much!!

I gained 2 pounds after a 1.5 day attempt at the potato hack - I'm paranoid to try it again!!

Have a great day everyone!

LoCarbGal 05-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCarbGal (Post 16418358)
It's my scheduled UD, but since I'm potato hacking today, I'll log in here.

B: Coffee/HWC
L: baked potato w/s&p and malt vinegar
D: boiled potatoes with salt and lemon pepper

I'm abandoning my potato hack. After my coffee this morning I started feeling uncharacteristically nauseated and had some running to the bathroom/TMI issues. After just one potato DD this time. I don't want to feel yuk over the weekend and especially for Mothers Day, so I'll just go back to my rotations. UD it is for me today!

FairyWren 05-10-2013 01:50 PM

Trying the potato thing on my DDs

B: Black coffee
L: Potato, salt & pepper
D:Potato, gluten free soy sauce

lc-chica 05-10-2013 02:19 PM

coffee w/ creamer this morning (70) - generous estimate

nothing all day, was busy and once I got over the initial hunger "pangs" at noon I was fine.

5pm - coffee w/ creamer (60) and oat bran w/ almond milk (80)

so far 210, not sure what else later if much

tobelowcarber 05-10-2013 02:26 PM

B: x
L: 8 oz leftover salmon mixed with 3 eggs whites baked on the cookie sheet like a pizza 371 cal
D: x

total 371 cal/0 carbs

lc-chica 05-10-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lc-chica (Post 16418968)
coffee w/ creamer this morning (70) - generous estimate

nothing all day, was busy and once I got over the initial hunger "pangs" at noon I was fine.

5pm - coffee w/ creamer (60) and oat bran w/ almond milk (80)

so far 210, not sure what else later if much

ok ended up shaky starving at 8pm. grr.... had a small wheat bagel with light butter

putting me at 410 for today! still within my range.

Hopefulsweigh 05-10-2013 07:25 PM

B-coffee with milk 34
L-3 oz salmon with romaine 225
D - 3 oz salmon with romaine 225
S-Cheddar -260 (yeah this was not planned)
I'd say 100 extra calories trying new things bought at the grocrty. Pumpkin seeds, fruit nut bars etc...but I stopped!!

So about 844 cals for a DD. Not a disaster, but not the day I was hoping for!

Kimmietoo 05-10-2013 08:11 PM

B - Black coffee
L - X
S- Protein shake, vanilla, w/ gluc and tangerine peel
D- mini rice cake ham & cheese bites, chicken broth and veggie soup
S- sugar free popsicle

Total for the day 375