Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
43 & 44 Weeks on JUDDD -- Stalled

Last week, after my best week of dieting since Christmas, I weighed in at 248 for a loss of 1 lb, and a total of 42 lbs lost, 38 of them on JUDDD.

This week I weighed in at 249 for a gain of 1 lb, and a total loss of 41 lbs, 37 of them on JUDDD.

The reason I didn't post last week is that I was on a plane at 4:30 am for Kansas City where I attended the RT Booklovers Convention, at which we had more than 2500 readers, authors, male cover models, editors, agents and more. It was five days of non-stop fun, frolicking and frantic business. It also involved five days of eating.

And boy, it reminded me just how swiftly diets can fall by the wayside in that kind of environment. But at least I knew better than to try. Even so, I sort of naturally ate more one day and less the next.

So, really, gaining a pound this week does not distress me. Especially since it was so easy to get back on the JUDDD train when I got home. I'm only annoyed because it's the same pound I've been gaining and losing for weeks. And this is not the diet's fault. It's my fault. Like today...I wanted a cookie. Lo and behold there was a box of girl scout cookies in the pantry. So, I ate like ten of them. And now, unless I skip dinner, I will not make my up day calorie limit.

Low Points

Why ten cookies? Question for the ages: I am capable of eating no cookies. Or I am capable of eating ten cookies. Why am I incapable of eating one cookie? This is a challenge for me on all diets, so I guess one of the reasons I love JUDDD is that this failing may stall me, but it has not yet reversed my progress. Knock on wood. If I could figure out what happens between the time I give myself permission to eat the first cookie...and when I then find myself curled up on the couch with cookie crumbs on my lips and a guilty smile on my face....that would be helpful.

I'm using JUDDD as a Maintenance Plan. I'm not going to rehash all my usual whines. I'm just going to say that I would really like to have my year anniversary of JUDDDing result in a 50 lb loss. Can I lose 9 lbs between now and July 4th? Apparently only if I get all the girl scout cookies out of the house and plan exquisitely. (Also, I have a vacation in there, which bodes ill.) I dunno. I may have to do some potato weeks or something. We'll have to see.

High Points

I'm using JUDDD as a maintenance plan. Yeah, so I had a crazy time in Kansas City complete with BBQ, champagne, chocolate and more. And I gained one pound. This diet hedges against my losses and gives me time to settle into them. And that's a blessing.

I now have super powers. During those huge author signings, authors are generally compelled to skip breakfast, skip lunch, and sit at tables smiling and being friendly to passersby who say things like, "I wanted to love your latest book, but you've really lost your touch." (Not said to me, but actual remark to author sitting near by!) Friends marveled at my ability to fast cheerfully through this event once I had a little coffee. I said it was JUDDD magic.

More Experimentation. So, veggies really are important. I'm finding that when I use mushrooms and greens and potatoes to bulk up my breakfast, I have better control on my hunger all day. Also, fiber. I admit that I hate having to think about these things on an up day. There's a bit of spoiling that goes on in JUDDD where I only want to think about deliciousness and calories. But for me, hungry up days are now the norm--not the exception. And because I'm not equipped to fight hunger on up days, I've got to make some choices. Eat the damned broccoli or go hungry two days in a row or lose weight so slowly it will take me until next Christmas to lose the next ten pounds. I choose broccoli.

Last edited by stephdray; 05-09-2013 at 02:53 PM..
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I also choose broccoli! Hehe, you're doing great. I went away for just the weekend and came back with nearly 9 pounds around my midsection! What's one, measly little pound?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: deedee
Stats: 254/180/150; 5'5"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: vlc 1/2/12 @ 254; JUDDD restart 2/26/14 @ 200
I was looking for this update! Always glad to see your positive, but honest, take on things.

I can totally relate to the hunger on UD's, and how those turn into UUAD's. But for some reason eating the broccoli never occurred to me!
deedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: calichris
Stats: 273.7/204.8/147 or size 8/10
WOE: IF/IE
Start Date: 5/26/12; JUDDD 7/11/12
If it makes you feel better, I'm next-to-stalled and not having nearly as much fun as you! Are we hitting the 10 month wall or something?
calichris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Glad to hear from you Steph. What an incredibly busy time for you. I think the fact that you're not gaining during this time is a testament to you and to JUDDD.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
I love broccoli - but I too can't eat only one cookie!!

Only one pound?! Awesome!!
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I think it's great that you enjoyed all that yummy food and drink at the convention and gained 1 tiny little pound!!!!! And flying- forget it! I bloat worse than TOM when I fly. I'll bet you have a good whoosh after 2 good rotations. I feel it. Thanks for another great update and I believe that you will see 50 pounds gone on your anniversary.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Last time I checked in you were just past the dreaded stall point of, hmm, 179? You are doing great. I may have to give this another try, hehe.
cici52 is online now   Reply With Quote