Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I just completed my first week of JUDD! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803573-i-just-completed-my-first-week-judd.html)

Daisyjane82 05-07-2013 09:21 AM

I just completed my first week of JUDD!

I started JUDDD at 151 lbs and Iíve already lost 4 lbs in the first week! Iím now 147. :jumpjoy:

These results are amazing to me because I was stuck in a rut for a long time. I had gained about 20 lbs in the past year and I wasnít eating any differently than I usually eat so I didnít understand why it was happening! I felt like my metabolism had shut down and was losing all hope. I started dieting. I was eating low carb, restricting my calories in an almost extreme way, walking 4 miles a day and running on the treadmill every other day. My weight would fluctuate between 1-2 lbs over a 3 month period. Thatís IT! I was having digestive problems and stomach bloat. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin and incredibly frustrated that I couldnít just lose weight like I used to when I was younger. I know your metabolism slows down as you age, but Iím only 33! I was denying myself all the food that I loved and not getting any of the benefits from it!

I wasnít 100% sure this would work when I first started. I have to confess I was dubious. The idea of eating whatever you want every other dayÖ What? How can you *possibly* lose weight that way? I also faced judgment from my co-workers that told me this diet had ďeating disorder written all over itĒ. They said it sounded like I would be Binging and then starving myself. They told me not to do it, so I just dropped the subject and did it anyway. Itís my body after all.

The first few days werenít easy. First DD I clocked out at 800 calories. Next DD I had a date with a friend and I ended up drinking 2 glasses of wine instead of eating dinner. No bueno. I ate too much on my first real UD (Got a little over-excited about eating the food again that I had been denying myself for so long.) Next UD I did better.

I found that my biggest problem is social obligations on DD. Itís very hard when you go out and see your friends eating these delicious meals, drinking wineÖ Youíre pushing a salad with a splash of lemon juice around on your plate and sipping a glass of water. Not fun or easy. It takes discipline for sure.

Itís worth it in the end though. My stomach is flatter than itís been in months and months. Iím already seeing the difference this early on. My digestion is really good. No more constipation and bloating. I feel like I have more energy. I feel more confident and in control of my body. That feels really good. I feel happy because Iím not denying myself the food I enjoy eating, Iím just taking a break from it every other day. Itís easier than any diet Iíve ever been on in that respect. I canít wait to see more results. Iím definitely going to stick with JUDDD.

This week I didnít go to the gym at all and Iíd like to start incorporating exercise into my diet again. Iím thinking it might be best to work out on Up Days because Iíll have more energy due to the food Iím eating. For those that work out on JUDDD how has this affected your results? Have you lost more weight as a result? Did you not lose as much? Did it not make a difference? Iím curious.

So thatís all, I just wanted to share my experience for those that are thinking of starting JUDDD and researching it (like I was last week.) Thank you everyone for all of your helpful advice and encouragement. I truly appreciated it! This forum is an amazing resource. You all are so great! THANK YOU! :)

-Daisy

KeirasMom 05-07-2013 09:26 AM

Fantastic first week! :jumpjoy:

Regarding exercise: I don't notice much difference in my performance if it's a DD or an UD. I didn't start exercising regularly until I was close to my goal weight, and my weight loss slowed down considerably. Some of that, I'm sure was due to the exercise, but it probably would have slowed down anyway. I say give it a shot and see what happens. You can always go back to less exercise until you're at goal if it does affect your rate of loss. Or take a slower loss and gain the benefits of the exercise.

LoCarbGal 05-07-2013 09:27 AM

This is a great post Daisy! I have the feeling it will help a lot of people who are now reading and thinking and wondering. And CONGRATULATIONS on your results! Fantastic.

BrandiHornsby 05-07-2013 09:39 AM

Way to go! I haven't started yet because I am still stabilizing after a round of HCG. I sincerely hope that my results look like yours!

Great job!:notwrthy:

JMBM 05-07-2013 10:07 AM

Yaysie for Daisy!!!:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Sorry for being cheesy, but couldn't resist!:o:D You are doing great! KUTGW!!! And:welcome: to JUDDD!

Never Too Late 05-07-2013 12:50 PM

Dear Daisy,

I can feel the joy in your post and I am so very happy for you. :jumpjoy:

I too was on a very restrictive (keto) plan and lost no weight at all. I was stuck at the same set point for 3 years.

But with JUDDD, it all turned around and I lost weight effortlessly. It's wonderful to find a sustainable WOE, where we can enjoy our food and not starve our bodies, isn't it?

A very warm welcome to you from our JUDDD forum.

deedee 05-07-2013 12:51 PM

woohooo! Look at that JUDDD magic working! Love this woe!

Kissa 05-07-2013 12:56 PM

So happy for you Daisy. Thank you for sharing your experience it is great for others to read about successes like this.

Sirtain 05-07-2013 01:01 PM

Good job, Daisyjane!

I don't work out, but my husband does, and he HAS noticed a difference working out fasted. He can't lift quite as much, but since he just works to exhaustion, it makes for a short workout for him. :) He figures once he gets down to his goal, he can build back up. It is only a difference of about 4%.

Librarygirl 05-07-2013 03:47 PM

:welcome: Daisy and well done!!:clap::clap: This is a wonderful WOE and you sound like a convert! Keep up the good work!

Carly 05-07-2013 05:16 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: KUTGW!
I have more energy on DDs so feel like exercising more on DDs. I didn't exercise much till I was near goal aside from walking most evenings in the good weather.

Mamatomany 05-07-2013 05:31 PM

Yeah ! Congrats girlfriend ... Keep up the good work...your gonna do great!

angie1 05-10-2013 05:45 AM

Congrats Daisy!!!! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

Trigger828 05-10-2013 05:48 AM

THAT IS GREAT!!!!

zipp2play 05-10-2013 06:26 AM

SO thrilled you found the program!

I walk 5 miles a day and do various weight routines on my lunch hour (about twice a week). I do notice by lunch, if I try to do my weight routine my blood sugar drops considerably. I typically eat a little something around 9:00 each DD at work then I eat after walking and weights. Since I only do 2 days of weights, I just make those on UP days. The walking is done M-F 5 miles each day, I find DD or UD no issues.

Daisyjane82 05-14-2013 10:42 AM

Thanks everyone for your congratulations, advice and your encouragement!! You guys are so great! I'm so grateful that I found this forum!!:)

I'm still on the JUDDD program and in week 3 now. I find that my weight fluctuates on up days and down days. I've been as low as 144 but today I weighed in at 145 which is awesome for me.

6 lbs lost already! (and I haven't been so strict on myself - some DD's I had up to 700 calories and on UP days I eat what I want. I don't even bother to track my calories on that day.)

I don't even feel like I'm on a diet anymore. This is more of a lifestyle change. It's awesome! I can't believe I'm losing weight doing this!

I have to confess, My husband at first was kind of resistant to it. He thought this JUDDD thing was stupid and a "Fad diet" that I would just get over. We always ate dinner together in the past and since I've been on the diet we only really eat a proper dinner every other night. As a result, He's been too lazy to cook something for himself so he calls it his "Down Day". (haha! Men!) He didn't like it at first and he got grumpy on my Down Days.... but when he went on the scale and discovered that he has lost 4 lbs just from skipping dinner every other day... He was impressed. He's starting to cut back more on Down days. I don't think he'll ever restrict calories to the extent that I do, but I see him making conscious food choices. I see him looking in the mirror marveling at how his tummy is going down in size and He's feeling really good about.

Now "Up Day" "Down Day" are a part of our vocabulary and we plan our schedule around it. It's kind of fun and has become something we do together.

I'm also more confident with my body since I've lost 6 lbs and pulling out some of the cuter outfits that have been buried in my closet for the past year. This is definitely adding some spice back to our relationship. I'm not shuffling around in an oversized sweater feeling uncomfortable in my skin anymore. I'm happier than I've been in a long while. I'm glad to know my metabolism isn't dead and it's been kickstarted through the JUDDD diet. I feel very hopeful that I can lose the remaining 14 lbs and hit my goal. Just have to keep going with this. :)

Thanks so much everyone! I'll keep you posted! :jumpjoy:

vickismc 05-14-2013 11:00 AM

:up: Excited for you and for you DH! :high5: JUDDD is amazing but more amazing are the members of this group!

LoCarbGal 05-14-2013 11:15 AM

This is so great to hear! Good work!

Flutter 05-14-2013 01:13 PM

I am so happy for you! Besides the obvious joy in e weight coming off, you "sound" positively gleeful! :love: :clap: yay!!

Flossyliz 05-14-2013 01:54 PM

Hello Daisy. Wonderful to hear how this WOE is working so beautifully for you - and your DH!

bkm 05-14-2013 06:09 PM

Wonderful progress, Daisy!:jumpjoy:

As to exercising on DDs: I walk at least 5 miles each day, sometimes get up to 10. No problem on UDs or DDs. But when I go out to do yard work, I get more light-headed than usual on the DDs. (the temps are in the high 80s here, and I have always had low BP). I read somewhere that light-headedness frequently arises from being dehydrated, so I'm trying to drink more water during my DDs.