Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Newbie w/JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803568-newbie-w-juddd.html)

Carolina84 05-07-2013 08:40 AM

Newbie w/JUDDD

Just joined Lowcarb Friends....I am trying JUDDD since 4/14/13. I hope this works for me but at my age, 84 and pushing 85 in Dec.....not sure. Glad to be here w/friends.

KeirasMom 05-07-2013 09:01 AM

:welcome: Carolina. I think it'll work just great for you as long as you're logging your calories and following the recommended amounts.

LoCarbGal 05-07-2013 09:15 AM

:welcome: Carolina! My mom will be 80 this summer, and has been doing JUDDD for a little over 2 months and has lost 10-12 pounds. She loves it! She does 500 cal DDs and doesn't count on UDs. I'm excited for all the health benefits for her too. Good luck and post often so we can see how you're doing!

grannysmith 05-07-2013 11:55 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...ic/welcome.gif CAROLINA! Yay! First post!

I've noticed a reduction in aches and pains in the month I've been doing JUDDD...though not today, since spring has sprung, and everything needs doin' at once. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-gen162.gifThat would be worth it to me, even if I hadn't lost weight!

Whitlin' 05-07-2013 02:28 PM

Nice to "meet" you, Carolina. :shake: Hope you enjoy JUDDD.

Carolina84 05-07-2013 03:29 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes! I am intersted in potato hack...hope to learn more!

Librarygirl 05-07-2013 03:36 PM

:welcome: Carolina!! Wow, an octogenarian. I think it will work for you, but for the health benefits alone it will be worth it. Hope to see you around!

Carly 05-07-2013 03:37 PM

:welcome: Carolina!

Yennie 05-07-2013 03:43 PM

Welcome Carolina!
I wish you the best of success with JUDDD - it is a truly magical WOE. Definitely spend lots of time reading on JUDDD & the potato hack.
However, I'd like to mention that the potato hack is not JUDDD. Doing the potato hack will not get the swing & the SIRTs flowing, which is where the JUDDD magic comes from. Some JUDDDers potato hack, but potato hackers aren't necessarily JUDDDers. Its a great tool for those for whom it works but it is a different thing than JUDDD. If you're mostly interested in the health benefits, then I'd be sure to do strict rotations for at least 2 weeks before doing any tweaks, including the potato hack.

tobelowcarber 05-07-2013 03:47 PM

:welcome: Carolina!!!

JMBM 05-07-2013 04:45 PM

:welcome: Carolina!

Sirtain 05-08-2013 06:29 AM

Hello Carolina. Are you also doing low-carb? Or JUDDD with standard eating?

Carolina84 05-08-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16413922)
Welcome Carolina!
I wish you the best of success with JUDDD - it is a truly magical WOE. Definitely spend lots of time reading on JUDDD & the potato hack.
However, I'd like to mention that the potato hack is not JUDDD. Doing the potato hack will not get the swing & the SIRTs flowing, which is where the JUDDD magic comes from. Some JUDDDers potato hack, but potato hackers aren't necessarily JUDDDers. Its a great tool for those for whom it works but it is a different thing than JUDDD. If you're mostly interested in the health benefits, then I'd be sure to do strict rotations for at least 2 weeks before doing any tweaks, including the potato hack.

Thanks....today is my DD and 14th day on JUDDD. Down only 2 lbs., but I may have gone overboard on my UD's a few times as I do not like to count! So, I am ok with that. I love potatoes & would like to try the hack...if it didn't work I could just get right back on the JUDDD couldn't I? It sounds so good for a change!

Carolina84 05-08-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirtain (Post 16414680)
Hello Carolina. Are you also doing low-carb? Or JUDDD with standard eating?

Just JUDDD with standard eating.....I've done EVERYTHING (almost) WW, Atkins, Low Carb,
HCG, Jenny Craig, Low Calorie, etc. Have a friend that is successful w/JUDDD so I am trying it too. I have the book by Dr. Johnson and have read it twice.....I am hoping this will work for me as I hate starving! Love the UP DAYS and can tolerate the 500 cal days but haven't gone lower yet. Perhaps I can with time. Thanks

Flossyliz 05-08-2013 08:48 AM

:hiya: Hello Carolina.

I was very resistant to the idea of calorie counting but what an eye-opener it was. :eek: I'm a dedicated counter now!

I hope you have a very enjoyable JUDDD journey. :welcome:

Yennie 05-08-2013 10:41 AM

Awesome!! 2 weeks on JUDDD is awesome, and a great time to start using potatoes! There are a couple potato threads, if you haven't found them yet I can link them for you tonight when I'm not on my phone. Im on day 1 of a potato hack myself! Would love company!

Sirtain 05-08-2013 05:11 PM

Since you are so close to your goal weight, 2 pounds in 2 weeks sounds pretty good.

Kimmietoo 05-08-2013 06:09 PM

:welcome: Carolina! Congratulations on your successful start with a 2 pound loss kicking off! That is fantastic!

We're delighted you are here and we look forward to hearing more about your JUDDD journey going forward.

Kimmie

Trigger828 05-08-2013 06:14 PM

:welcome: