Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   UD Tuesday: menus and plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803552-ud-tuesday-menus-plans.html)

SlowSure 05-06-2013 10:01 PM

UD Tuesday: menus and plans

So it's back to work after the luxury of a Public Holiday but I hope we are refreshed and undaunted rather than sullen and resentful.

B: 160g baked cod (150kcals) with mushrooms and HM dried tomatoes (60kcals). Rhubarb compote with custard (170kcals). Total=380kcals

L: Egg salad (200kcals) with a Karcher seed cracker (110kcals). Total=310kcals)

D: Charred aubergine and pepper curry with curried cashews and cauliflower rice. Total=550kcals.

1200kcal for the day which may give some wiggle room for a little fruit for dessert after dinner if I'm not too heavy-handed adding coconut to the cashew nut curry.

Luv2Eat 05-06-2013 10:17 PM

Wow, SS, you're planning ahead! I noticed you posted at 12:01, teehee!
Gonna start the morning off with a baked potato, then for lunch will have oatmeal. Probably some cereal thrown in there because I've been on a cereal binge lately.
Dinner will be beef stew.
Snack will be fresh pineapple.
Calories will round out with chocolate! I usually count as I go and adjust. . . .

SlowSure 05-06-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2Eat (Post 16412614)
Wow, SS, you're planning ahead! I noticed you posted at 12:01, teehee! .

:) I'm in the UK so we're way ahead on the clock.

I do usually have an outline meal plan for 2 weeks at a time though as I find it helpful to plan.

adillenal 05-07-2013 03:22 AM

UD
B - 2 eggs, bacon, coffee with HWC
L - baked potato with LF cottage cheese and salsa
D - mustard greens and radishes from the garden plus whatever else I can find in the frig and freezer

Silverrain 05-07-2013 04:47 AM

UD

B: Nothing. Not even coffee today - the horror! :hyst:
L: Unsure. Soup or a sandwich.
D: Salad.

Another busy, long day ahead for me, so I'll be trying to snack on things here and there to get in all my calories.

Scarlett46 05-07-2013 06:05 AM

B: Coffee w/ creamer, Yogurt w/ bran
S: HB Egg, Ham slices
L: Chili
S: Oatmeal w/ NPB, Coffee
D: Hamburger (w/ bread & mayo & cheese), Macaroni & Cheese, Milk
S: Coffee w/ creamer, Popcorn, Kisses

2091 calories planned

adillenal 05-07-2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlett46 (Post 16412898)
B: Coffee w/ creamer, Yogurt w/ bran
S: HB Egg, Ham slices
L: Chili
S: Oatmeal w/ NPB, Coffee
D: Hamburger (w/ bread & mayo & cheese), Macaroni & Cheese, Milk
S: Coffee w/ creamer, Popcorn, Kisses

2091 calories planned

Totally none of my business, but do you not eat vegetables?:)

Scarlett46 05-07-2013 07:19 AM

LOL I usually eat a ton of veggies actually, being used to SBD for so long. I didn't even realize there were none in there for today though - OMG. I was focused on the mac n cheese... been a long time since I've had it. I'm going to add some green beans to dinner. Thanks for noticing that!

JMBM 05-07-2013 08:49 AM

Happy UD!:hiya: Haven't eaten yet. Trying to stay within an 5-8 hr window along with 5:2/4:3. But when I begin it may look something like this.

B: Scr. Egg, turkey bacon, toast w/ straw. jam = 325
L: Sandwich and chips w/salsa = 395
D: Pork tenderloin w/biscuit, tater rounds, dessert = Around 850 + calories for 2 slices of thin cut port tenderloin

Total for the day=1600 ish. May alter dinner if it looks like it's getting to high.

Yennie 05-07-2013 09:00 AM

B: Coffee w HWC & SF Vanilla syrup; greek yogurt w. frozen blueberries, honey & pecans.
L/D: Little Caesars pizza & breadsticks.
Had a rough DD yesterday. I haven't been "hypoglycemic" (I don't think I actually was, just felt like it), weak, light headed since my first week of JUDDD. Maybe it was because it was so hot yesterday (at one point we in the PNW were the hottest part of the nation - go figure) but I almost fell off my poor horse while I was trying to ride. He was like - Um, Mom, I don't understand what you're asking me to do, you're not making sense so I'm just gonna stop & stand here and let you get yourself under control. Good boy!
So I got off before I fell off, barely got him put away, and drank 3 glasses of sun tea, had some saltines, pickles & 1 wedge of LC cheese. This was after my dinner of cabbage, chicken & cheese. Come to think of it, last time I had CCC for dinner I felt funny that night. Weird...
Sorry...musings...but related to my poor food choices today. I'm thinking I'm gonna start another 7 day potato hack on Wednesday hence some pizza today. :)

JMBM 05-07-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie (Post 16413213)
B: Coffee w HWC & SF Vanilla syrup; greek yogurt w. frozen blueberries, honey & pecans.
L/D: Little Caesars pizza & breadsticks.
Had a rough DD yesterday. I haven't been "hypoglycemic" (I don't think I actually was, just felt like it), weak, light headed since my first week of JUDDD. Maybe it was because it was so hot yesterday (at one point we in the PNW were the hottest part of the nation - go figure) but I almost fell off my poor horse while I was trying to ride. He was like - Um, Mom, I don't understand what you're asking me to do, you're not making sense so I'm just gonna stop & stand here and let you get yourself under control. Good boy!
So I got off before I fell off, barely got him put away, and drank 3 glasses of sun tea, had some saltines, pickles & 1 wedge of LC cheese. This was after my dinner of cabbage, chicken & cheese. Come to think of it, last time I had CCC for dinner I felt funny that night. Weird...
Sorry...musings...but related to my poor food choices today. I'm thinking I'm gonna start another 7 day potato hack on Wednesday hence some pizza today. :)

It is so hard for me to ride on a dd. I thought I would pass out, so I ended up eating a sandwich.

Deosil 05-07-2013 12:12 PM

Happy UD!

B: 2 Roast beef slices with yellow pepper slices
L: Mushrooms & Asiago dip. 3 triangles Swiss Knight cheese. Diet Pepsi
D:1/2 small Spaghetti Squash with spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese

Never Too Late 05-07-2013 12:31 PM

B. Fried egg on rye toast, 1/2 banana, coffee
L. Lean Cuisine stuffed cabbage w/ mashed (210 cal)
D. 1 Chicken thigh, spinach salad & balsamic, boiled potatoes w/parsley

Dessert: 1 homemade cherry pop tart

JMBM 05-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBM (Post 16413190)
Happy UD!:hiya: Haven't eaten yet. Trying to stay within an 5-8 hr window along with 5:2/4:3. But when I begin it may look something like this.

B: Scr. Egg, turkey bacon, toast w/ straw. jam = 325
L: Sandwich and chips w/salsa = 395
D: Pork tenderloin w/biscuit, tater rounds, dessert = Around 850 + calories for 2 slices of thin cut port tenderloin

Total for the day=1600 ish. May alter dinner if it looks like it's getting to high.

My 1600 ish turned out to be a 1900 ish. Hope that doesn't hurt me too bad.:dunno: Had a really good DD yesterday, so will try to have another good one tomorrow. Fingers crossed!:aprayer: