Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacieb08 View Post
Something that might help you guys is this website:

Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

Basically, you put in your height/weight/body shape and it brings up pictures other people have posted that are the same stats. Sometimes we are too critical on ourselves but less objective on others. Give it a try. It's also a good tool to determine what your goal weight should be if you have no idea.
They had a bunch for 5'2" 120, but none for 5'2" 130. I'm 124 Those girls at 120 looked better than me... no flabby, loose, skin!
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyw/kitties View Post
They say they don't have a match for my body type...I am unique!!!!!
Me too! And I'm sure as heck not going to be the first one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly View Post
They had a bunch for 5'2" 120, but none for 5'2" 130. I'm 124 Those girls at 120 looked better than me... no flabby, loose, skin!
Oh Carly, you just don't/can't see how great you really do look. But we all do. No one is posting pictures with their loose skin showing! Tuck and hide, we all know how to do it!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:46 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
30 pounds and 3 sizes? I am impressed as heck.

For some reason, although I lost a lot inches, I did not have to change clothing sizes until I lost about 25 pounds. After that the sizes dropped so fast I never got to wear some of the clothing I bought.

Yes. Yep. Isn't it strange? I went from size 14/16 to size 6. And there are days I look in the mirror and think nothing really changed. I wish I had kept a few of the large sizes so I could get them out and make myself remember how far I have come.

Female or human self-perception is weird.
I've lost close to 14 lbs and still wearing the same clothing, they just fit better now. I know from previous experience with weight loss that I have to lose about 20 lbs before I can go down a size. I could be wrong, but I suspect that taller people may be able to drop a clothing size more quickly.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DeltaBigBoy
Stats: 342/263.4/?160?
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
I couldn't find a match for my body type either!
DeltaBigBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kacieb08
My understanding is that the website is fairly new so maybe it needs a few more pictures to upload. Also what kind of body type is banana shaped? lol

Also under the pictures it says the actual weight of the person. So the 120 lbs section is actually 120-129. It's amazing to me how differently people can carry weight!
kacieb08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Oh Carly, you just don't/can't see how great you really do look. But we all do. No one is posting pictures with their loose skin showing! Tuck and hide, we all know how to do it!
That is what I love about control top stockings!!!!! I can fit a lot of squishy flab into those A/B.... ah... but the muffin top flab is not cute...

Quote:
My understanding is that the website is fairly new so maybe it needs a few more pictures to upload. Also what kind of body type is banana shaped? lol

Also under the pictures it says the actual weight of the person. So the 120 lbs section is actually 120-129. It's amazing to me how differently people can carry weight!
I will not be the brave sole who posts my flabby, loose skin- even with my face blacked out... might scare small children!!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I just had this discussion with my husband today. We were changing clothes to go plant the garden (!) and I was standing in front of the mirror in my underthings. I said outloud "Where did it all come from? I can't see it at all!" He asked "Huh?" And I said, basically, that I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror. Almost 30# gone and I feel like I look the same. Probably because I'm the same shape just shrinking like we've already discussed but I feel like I should be able to see even the shrinkage...Nope. Course then he says "I can tell a difference" and I appreciate that but, God love him, he'd say that whether he did or not.
Things that didn't fit are fitting, and I know, I know, I know we say the pants don't lie but good heavens will I ever see it?
I also am bummed because I feel like I should be down a smaller size from a 30# loss. But I need to remind myself that I probably wasn't truly a size 12 when I started losing, I was an "uber-stretched out, stuffed into them because I'm stubborn and wouldn't buy a bigger size" size 12. So the fact that the 10s are now comfy with no muffin top should feel like a victory but it doesn't always.
I need to go pick up a pair of size 8s in my standard Old Navy style so I have something to shoot for, and some perspective.

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie View Post
I just had this discussion with my husband today. We were changing clothes to go plant the garden (!) and I was standing in front of the mirror in my underthings. I said outloud "Where did it all come from? I can't see it at all!" He asked "Huh?" And I said, basically, that I can't see a difference when I look in the mirror. Almost 30# gone and I feel like I look the same. Probably because I'm the same shape just shrinking like we've already discussed but I feel like I should be able to see even the shrinkage...Nope. Course then he says "I can tell a difference" and I appreciate that but, God love him, he'd say that whether he did or not.
Things that didn't fit are fitting, and I know, I know, I know we say the pants don't lie but good heavens will I ever see it?
I also am bummed because I feel like I should be down a smaller size from a 30# loss. But I need to remind myself that I probably wasn't truly a size 12 when I started losing, I was an "uber-stretched out, stuffed into them because I'm stubborn and wouldn't buy a bigger size" size 12. So the fact that the 10s are now comfy with no muffin top should feel like a victory but it doesn't always.
I need to go pick up a pair of size 8s in my standard Old Navy style so I have something to shoot for, and some perspective.
When I started at 199 and 5'2" I was wearing a 20! Maybe a big 18. I'm impressed that you could get into a 12 at that weigh regardless of how stretched it was. I was about 140 when I got into 8Ps.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Flutter
Stats: 190/123/135 5'4" 45yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: SB 2/05; JUDDD 11/12
Quote:
Quote:
When I started at 199 and 5'2" I was wearing a 20! Maybe a big 18. I'm impressed that you could get into a 12 at that weigh regardless of how stretched it was. I was about 140 when I got into 8Ps.
I agree with Carly! Yennie, It is incredible that you are in those sizes! You must be tall! I was a 16/18 in nov at 190 (5'4" but pretty sure I have shrunk!), I am in a 10 now at 150ish! You are going to be in the teeniest sizes at goal!!! Wow!!!
Flutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter View Post
I agree with Carly! Yennie, It is incredible that you are in those sizes! You must be tall! I was a 16/18 in nov at 190 (5'4" but pretty sure I have shrunk!), I am in a 10 now at 150ish! You are going to be in the teeniest sizes at goal!!! Wow!!!
Nope, I'm 5'2". I don't know where its all at. But its there because, while the pants don't lie, the scale occasionally tells the truth as well. And I have 3 different ones all telling me the same thing. Oh well, we'll get it sorted out eventually...

ETA: I should probably clarify - the ability to cram, jump, pull-so-hard-you-rip-the-beltloops-off, jaws of life oneself into a pair of jeans does not a size 12 make. So I guess my previous point was that I was not wearing the size I should have been - should have been in 14s or maybe even 16s for a proper fit. Perhaps if I'd gotten properly fitting pants then, I'd be happier with wearing 10s and 12s now. As there would have been physical replacement of pants to show for my efforts. Apparently the fact that I'm no longer performing circus acrobatics to get in them, and not cutting off blood flow to internal organs while wearing them is not enough in my head.

Last edited by Yennie; 05-11-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Nope, I'm 5'2". I don't know where its all at. But its there because, while the pants don't lie, the scale occasionally tells the truth as well. And I have 3 different ones all telling me the same thing. Oh well, we'll get it sorted out eventually...
I don't believe your scales! Scales are evil! your 3 are in cahoots and you are really 150#! seriously!!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Melinda, you're my new BFF!
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

And you must also be very muscular and your scales may be lying. No circus-try would have gotten me in any 12 at 199lb. I could have jumped, twisted and contorted... Wasn't going to happen. I wore a 2x or 3x top. You have seen those before pictures I'm sure. Those were all size 2x!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And you must also be very muscular and your scales may be lying. No circus-try would have gotten me in any 12 at 199lb. I could have jumped, twisted and contorted... Wasn't going to happen. I wore a 2x or 3x top. You have seen those before pictures I'm sure. Those were all size 2x!
Muscles I'll buy - I never really stopped running & definitely kept riding, plus farm chores, etc. But I'm pretty sure my scales are telling me the truth within a few pounds of each other. We'll have to see what happens when I get down into the 140s and (oh, please God) the 130's. According to BMI I'm no longer "overweight" at 136. I might be able to get down to low 130s but I think I'm gonna be one of those "high end of the range" gals. I'm ok with that, at that point, as long as I look good.

Course, will I ever get to a point where I think I look good? Stay tuned & check back around, say, November, for that mental fiasco!
Old 05-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Muscles I'll buy - I never really stopped running & definitely kept riding, plus farm chores, etc. But I'm pretty sure my scales are telling me the truth within a few pounds of each other. We'll have to see what happens when I get down into the 140s and (oh, please God) the 130's. According to BMI I'm no longer "overweight" at 136. I might be able to get down to low 130s but I think I'm gonna be one of those "high end of the range" gals. I'm ok with that, at that point, as long as I look good.

Course, will I ever get to a point where I think I look good? Stay tuned & check back around, say, November, for that mental fiasco!
It will be here before you know it and yes... It's a mental fiasco...
Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol! I love BFFs over here! I am serious, though. I do not believe your scales!!!! I am like Carly, no way could I have made 12s fit me at 190. It makes sense that you HAVE to have crazy muscles to weigh as much as your scales say and be in such small sizes. It boggles my mind! You are my height or just a tad shorter than me! Dang! If anything, I hope you hear that you are in pretty small sizes now girl! I can't wait to see pictures of you at goal! Wowowowow! won't be long!!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/198/190@ 5'7" (-227)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
Not seeing the weight loss on your body

Try losing 235 pounds...it's been over 7 years and I still don't recognize myself, and still think I wear about a 20-24 when I am a 14-16.
I have had a couple of falls, too.....it's the center of gravity that changes and from what I understand, it will take more time for this adjustment as I've been heavy all of my life.
Ask your good friends to point out what a similar sized woman looks like and you will be surprised. In the meantime, I know I'm gonna fake it until I make it!!
I know I've grown tired of allowing myself worth to be dictated by a bleepin' scale which is just a tool......
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:16 AM   #48
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harriet View Post
Try losing 235 pounds...it's been over 7 years and I still don't recognize myself, and still think I wear about a 20-24 when I am a 14-16.
I have had a couple of falls, too.....it's the center of gravity that changes and from what I understand, it will take more time for this adjustment as I've been heavy all of my life.
Ask your good friends to point out what a similar sized woman looks like and you will be surprised. In the meantime, I know I'm gonna fake it until I make it!!
I know I've grown tired of allowing myself worth to be dictated by a bleepin' scale which is just a tool......
This is something I totally get. MIL gave me some clothes last summer when we were both losing weight and she was much smaller than I was. When we saw her on Easter, I found out I'm a full size smaller than she is. I absolutely don't see it. She's slim and beautiful, and we're about the same height. When we left, I told DH there's no way she's wearing bigger jeans than I am. He assured me he can see a significant difference between her size and mine, and I am smaller. I still don't see it.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/138/125lbs 61yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
This was on My Body Gallery website.

A recent study found that 95% of non-eating disordered women overestimate the size of their hips by 16% and their waists by 25%, yet the same women were able to correctly estimate the width of a box.

Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post

A recent study found that 95% of non-eating disordered women overestimate the size of their hips by 16% and their waists by 25%, yet the same women were able to correctly estimate the width of a box.

Sadly, I'm not suprised...
Old 05-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: motivatedMomma4
Stats: 180/147/140
Start Date: Feb 19 2013
Quote:
Yeah there was tons of pics of girls with my starts....they all had these perfectly flat perfect stomachs and not a love handle or strech mark in sight after 4 kids my stomach will NEVER be looking like that again
motivatedMomma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamt View Post
I've lost close to 14 lbs and still wearing the same clothing, they just fit better now. I know from previous experience with weight loss that I have to lose about 20 lbs before I can go down a size. I could be wrong, but I suspect that taller people may be able to drop a clothing size more quickly.
ME and my husband were having this disscussion the other night. From his high to low weight s like a 40 lb. difference and he has a few jeans that are one size smaller but other than that he wears all the same clothing. They just got a little tighter when he gained weight,but still fit and he could wear them!!! When I was at my high I couldnt get the jeans I am wearing now up to my thighs!!!! So strange how peoples bodies are so different
Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossyliz View Post

I believe this...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/223/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
As Delta has already alluded too this is not a Female only problem, it's a modern society problem I fear.

But interestingly saw myself in mirror a few times when changing at the Gym (usually avoid mirrors) and saw different things different days. Thought it through and couldn't believe my perception could be so different on different days. So next few times took photos with phone, to look at another day. What I found was that I did indeed look very different day to day!?

I can only assume fluid retention, but that would explain how my weight can vary 10 lbs in the same week.

Not for long!!!!!!!!!
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dirty Harriet
Stats: 425/179/198/190@ 5'7" (-227)
WOE: 40Gm carbs/day (total) + WLS
Start Date: 8/11/2005 lap band; maintaining since 7/4/08!!!
10 pound variant in a week

Kettle boy:
I think you are correct, insofar as fluids are concerned. I am continually battling an 8 pound variant during the week. I'm going thru menopause with hormonal changes and I know I haven't violated my eating plan: however, if I order a salad at a restaurant, I have to anticipate additional sodium.
Thanks for posting this as I wondered if this was only occurring with me, or did this occur with others, as well.
You must be nice and sleek now, with the work you've put in.....congrats, and enjoy!!
Dirty Harriet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kettleboy
Stats: 6' 3". 243/223/210
WOE: Juddd when required
Start Date: June 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harriet View Post
Kettle boy:
I think you are correct, insofar as fluids are concerned. I am continually battling an 8 pound variant during the week. I'm going thru menopause with hormonal changes and I know I haven't violated my eating plan: however, if I order a salad at a restaurant, I have to anticipate additional sodium.
Thanks for posting this as I wondered if this was only occurring with me, or did this occur with others, as well.
You must be nice and sleek now, with the work you've put in.....congrats, and enjoy!!
Thankyou
Kettleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ~PaperMoon~
Stats: 100+ Pounds lost!
WOE: Low Carb and general low calorie
Quote:
Something that might help you guys is this website:

Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like

Basically, you put in your height/weight/body shape and it brings up pictures other people have posted that are the same stats. Sometimes we are too critical on ourselves but less objective on others. Give it a try. It's also a good tool to determine what your goal weight should be if you have no idea.
I love that site, I found who looks just like me except for the belly part. I still have some belly to lose but I'm getting closer.
~PaperMoon~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
I am always amazed at the different sizes people wear at the same weight! I was a tight 18W when I started, nearly 30 lbs ago. I could have worn a 20W. I can now wear a regular 18 (Misses) and 16W pants, and have gone from a 1X to a Misses Large. I wore size 10 jeans when I was 135 lbs! I was in a 12 at 145.

Yennie, you're lucky!!!
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote