Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   is this normal? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803459-normal.html)

Rosey 05-05-2013 12:10 PM

is this normal?

A wise man once said, a fool does the same thing over and over again and expect to get different results. Which sums up who I am. See I have been on this forum before, and probably a thousand more, so much that I don't even remember my login details to sum of thise forums.

I always do the same thing, decide to start a new eating plan "Tomorrow " and eat all my favourite things today. That has been going on for a while. And my body bigger as I get closer to tomorrow. See tomorrow was supposed to come before I gained back all the weight I had lost, n since tomorrow is still not here, I managed to just keep on gaining.

So today marked another tomorrow I'm starting a diet. Been reading the 17 day diet book so I was sure it was the one. But then as iwas buying veggies I devided to do that diet I saw in the prevention mag with sassy water. And then I saw a "lose weight with water fast" article. Then found a link to intermittent fasting. I promise you. This happens everytime I try to start tomorrow. I never know what to do tomorrow so I end up eating for 3 in 1 day.

As I was reading about IF I remembered being on Juddd. So I googled it and Lo and behold after months I'm still logged in. So I started to womder how much I'd weigh if I stuck with it.

Anyway, after a 2 min worth of thinking about it I decided it was time to juddd. The encouragement here is beyond amazing. So I'm the lost son, daughter whatever u decide to call me, hoping my father with throw a feast for me. Mayb a feast might be a bad idea, how about a gallons of water.

I'm hoping under "Fool synonyms" there won't be Rosey. Tomorrow will b my down day. :jumpjoy:

LoCarbGal 05-05-2013 12:18 PM

:welcome: back Rosey! You'll find open arms waiting to welcome you into the fold. Absolutely give this WOE a month to do its magic, even if you get bored or impatient. It will work. If I hadn't found it 8 months ago, I'd probably be 55 or so pounds heavier right now. You can do this!

Rosey 05-05-2013 12:38 PM

Thank you. I am a scale junkie but I don't even think I want to weigh myself. I weighed at 198 lbs at the Drs office on friday n I think ill just take it from there and weigh when I'm ready.

Trigger828 05-05-2013 12:39 PM

welcome back

it is hard to find that right plan. we figure none work anyway right? so being bombarded with tons of plans just makes us crazy.

you are right with one thing-----how much would you have lost if you stuck with JUDDD?

Now you will find out! :)

JUMP IN AND LEARN AND CHAT. great supportive people here and best of luck

Yennie 05-05-2013 12:59 PM

Welcome back Rosie! I remember you from before. I'm glad you're back!!!
Stick with it, as Cindy said, for at least a month to let the magic kick in! Come back & visit often.

TryingJudd 05-05-2013 01:15 PM

Welcome home! This is the one! We'll all been seduced by quick weight loss schemes and the "latest" trends. This feels real. And sustainable. And we have tons of real success stories who continue to come back and help those who are struggling.

Carly 05-05-2013 01:28 PM

:welcome: back! Make the committment to yourself to give it a month. Think of it as a gift you are giving yourself.

grannysmith 05-05-2013 02:08 PM

oh, yeah...i've often gained more weight in anticipation of a diet than I actually lost during the (usually too brief) duration of the actual diet!!

What the what is "sassy water"??

I wish i was losing faster, but i I'm still "half-fasting" it...I feel pretty good. I keep switching days, and messing with the numbers...if i mess up today, tomorrow is a new down day.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...ic/welcome.gif Welcome back, Rosie!

tobelowcarber 05-05-2013 02:13 PM

Welcome Back Rosey!

LuckyLou 05-06-2013 01:28 AM

Welcome back Rosey!

I'm with you on the recent re-start...I've a week down and so far so good :)
I'm also with you on dodging the scales... I'm just not ready to reengage. Already tying the belts tighter tho :)

Best of luck... Let's see if we can stay in it for a month!

danni3 05-06-2013 01:32 AM

Good luck Rosey!

gotsomeold 05-06-2013 03:28 AM

Welcome back!

Read, read, read. Plan, plan, plan. You can do this and who cares what you ate yesterday?

Sirtain 05-06-2013 04:24 AM

Hey there, Rosie! Enjoy your Down Day today.

Rosey 05-06-2013 04:35 AM

Thank you

Thank you so much everyone for your hearwarming welcome. Its 1:30pm and I just came back from Lunch and had my 1st meal for the day. Cup A Soup Lite, about 34 calories. I think i have too much on my mind to think about hunger.

Flossyliz 05-06-2013 04:43 AM

:hiya: Welcome back Rosey.

We're all in this for the long haul. I hope you enjoy your JUDDD journey!

:welcome:

Flutter 05-06-2013 05:03 AM

So glad you're going to give this plan another try! I totally get the starting tomorrow mentality and the pounds adding up. JUDDD has been my life boat. I hope it becomes yours too! It's wonderful! :heart:

zipp2play 05-06-2013 05:30 AM

WELCOME Back! Give it time and it works. PLUS JUDDD is really forgiving (unlike LC)

Kissa 05-07-2013 03:00 AM

Lovely to have you back. Pop in often and join the May Newbie thread, it is good to share!

danni3 05-11-2013 10:48 PM

Is JUDDD better than Atkins?

DeltaBigBoy 05-12-2013 01:34 AM

I know I've definitely done the "I'll start tomorrow" phase. Just had one of those for the last couple months! :sad: Getting the ball rolling always seems to be my biggest obstacle. Watching the fat melt is always a motivator!

DeltaBigBoy 05-12-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danni3 (Post 16420668)

The best WOE is the one that works the best for you!

I did the Atkins diet years ago when I was younger and had some success. I tried it again last fall and couldn't stick with it. I love my carbs! I personally didn't find it as a viable way of life. I knew I could never ever go the rest of my life depriving myself of those lovely lovely carbohydrates! As many have said on this forum, I can easily deprive myself today if I can eat what I want tomorrow. JUDDD(intermittent fasting) is my way of life!

Many people have been very successful doing Atkins.

Trigger828 05-12-2013 03:44 AM

Quote:

I just lost 32 lbs on atkins. I liked it (in the beginning :))
it is too restrictive for me and it is very easy to eat alot of calories by including the good fats. I did that alot also.

but it worked for a while til I was eating too many calories but sticking to the plan, food restrictions finally got to me and I decided to change to JUDDD because of diet fatigue.

Atkins works for many people. But some can get alot of good benefits from it and then change plans,like me.

You just have to find the one that works for you. But with JUDDD it is a pleasure to be eating the way I like. not forced to follow a restricted food plan so that is a huge plus.

Carly 05-12-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

For me- yes, but it's so individual. I love juddd since there are no food restrictions and you never have to be worried about getting knocked out of ketosis, because the girl at the coffee place put sugar in your coffee instead of slenda :annoyed:

Juddd is forgiving and sustainable... for me. Atkind was not even though in the past I did it for over 3yrs without a single cheat... it was very restrictive and I always had to order some strange meal at a restaraunt or have meat with a side of meat.

Flossyliz 05-12-2013 06:37 AM

JUDDD is much more forgiving that Atkins and that makes it more sustainable for many people. Having said that, I believe there are some people combining Atkins with JUDDD.

As Trigger notes, you have to find the WOE that works for you - and as Scott points out, the best one is the one that does.

I hope you find yours! :)