Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyDi110
Frustrated newbie needs advice.......

Hello JUDDS,
I'm kind of new to JUDDD, actually started on April 1, of course at first everything about this WOE was great and made since, but fast forward to today and I'm no longer losing but slowly gaining. My weight when I started was 194.6 and in my first week I lost 4 pounds, and it has been up and down ever since, today I weigh 186.4 my total weight loss at most has been 12lbs in that 4 week period. So I'm not sure why I am steadily gaining and what I'm doing wrong. Here is my typical JUDDD: on my DD I stay within a 500/600 calorie range, and my UD I barely reach the 1,000 calorie mark eating maybe 2 meals a day, with a handful of carb snacks throughout the day. Also I hate to admit it, but on my UDs maybe I am eating way too much junk mainly fast food and I do love my sweets. Could this be an issue? Also I would like to know what some of you eat on a typical UD since no foods are off limit, I see most people here talking about their DD meals, but what about your UD meals? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
"D"
LadyDi110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Am I correct that the numbers you are using are 500-600/1000...
If I'm reading that correctly that is not juddd- that is just a calorie restricted diet. You will not get any benefits of juddd with those numbers. I'm guessing your numbers should be more in line with 1900/400. That's just a guess I didn't go to the calculator, but what numbers does the juddd calculator give you?

If you give us your age height and weight we can calculate your calories.

Last edited by Carly; 05-04-2013 at 07:29 AM..
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
I agree with Carly, on several points. I'm guessing/hoping the 1000 is a typo? Without at least a 1000 calorie swing, you're not JUDDDing.
There are UD menu threads, daily, as well.
I guess it might also be helpful to see your daily weigh in. You say you've lost 12# since April 1, this is a fantastic rate of loss! So when, where, how much did the weight start creeping up?
As for your other question about what you eat...as Nancy says (parapgrase) JUDDD doesn't care where the calories come from, but your body might. If you're eating a lot of inflammatory foods you may be stalling your losses by creating inflammation for your body to heal, which t will do instead of releasing dat. Some JBs need to be low carb, some watch their salt, some eat only chocolate cake! Ok, not really but you may need to consider taking a look at your food choices as well.
Give us more info, we are here to help!

My Potato Hacking Journal
All I ask is that you lead an evidence-based life.
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Putz
Stats: 161/144.5/125
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 03-05-2013
YOU GOTTA EAT!!
The above is a post with good info and reasons why UD calories are important.
Putz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Flossyliz
Stats: 150/135/125lbs 60yrs 5'2" couch potato
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: August 27 2012
LadyDi, I agree with the others.

If you're doing 500cal DDs, your UDs need to be at least 1500. In fact, I know they'll need to be more for you because my UD allowance was only 1500 when I weighed 140lbs because I'm short, 60 years old and extremely sedentary. Yours will be higher because you weigh more.

If you google Alternate Day Diet, you'll find Dr Johnson's calculator, which will tell you your UD and DD allowances. It's recommended to go for 20% at minimum exercise level - unless you're currently training for a marathon or something. Make sure you change the metric to lbs and inches and you put yourself in as female.

I always looked on UDs as the time to nourish my body and eat as much healthy food as the calories allowed. That makes the DDs easier but also furnishes your body with what it needs to do the healing part of JUDDD.
Flossyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyDi110
Thanks everyone for the quick replies, okay to answer a few questions,
@ Carly "Am I correct that the numbers you are using are 500-600/1000... yes because on my DDs I eat 500/600 calories and UDs only around 1,000 or so, I try to fit in more but just can't. By the way I'm 51, and I'm fairly short about 5ft. in height.
@Yennie "If you're eating a lot of inflammatory foods you may be stalling your losses by creating inflammation for your body to heal, which t will do instead of releasing dat." good information as I believe is an issue with me based on other health issues I have been dealing with. Also I took the time to do some more reading from the other JUDDD forums, and I now understand that I should have used the JUDDD calculator to get my true calorie count for JUDDD WOE, I just went by basic 500/1500 calorie guidelines. So thanks to all for pointing out some important factors that I should be following to be on the JUDDD program instead of a "calorie restricted diet" So I'm off to the JUDDD website to plug my info. in the JUDDD calculator and see what it comes up with. Thanks Guys!!!

LadyDi
LadyDi110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Yennie
Stats: 5'3" 35yo 199/sig/146 No longer obese!
WOE: A.I. 1/1-1/20; JUDDD 1/21/13, Potatoes as needed
When I put your stats in, I get 1811/362. Very different than what you've been doing. I'm sorry to say that what you've doing isn't JUDDD but calorie restriction. And pretty severely at that. You're averaging about 750 cals per day. Most of us average 1100+ during WLM. You're probably in starvation mode right now which would certainly explain the stalls & even gain.
I guess I'm also struggling to understand how you're not fitting in more than 1000 cals with fast food & sweets? While I certainly don't advocate ordering the double bacon deluxe I wonder if you're sure you're tracking your cals accurately.
Jump on in to JUDDD, we'd love to have you!!
Yennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sirtain
Stats: 202then/154March/Xnow/140soon
WOE: Paleo+JUDDD
Start Date: March 2013
And when you start your new numbers(1811/362) start with an Up Day! Your body needs the calories.
Sirtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Quote:
I guess I'm also struggling to understand how you're not fitting in more than 1000 cals with fast food & sweets? While I certainly don't advocate ordering the double bacon deluxe I wonder if you're sure you're tracking your cals accurately.
Exactly what I was wondering! I was guesstimating at first and I realized that I was way over on some things and way under on others! It might be a good idea to track everything with a calorie tracker... Most fast food places have their nutritional info online.

I also do much better when I actually plan out the day in advance. Not that things always go as planned, but it is a start. Most JB's seem to figure out at some point where the problem is and then can count on steady weight loss as well as all the health benefits of JUDDD.

I agree, 12 # in a month is GREAT!!! Happy JUDDDing!
John 3:16
I am a WHOSOEVER!!!!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Librarygirl
Stats: HW 207/(JUDDD) 198/CW 172/GW 150 5'4 49 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Low calorie 6/12 ; Low carb 9/12/ ; JUDDD 11/13/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi110 View Post
Hello JUDDS,
I'm kind of new to JUDDD, actually started on April 1, of course at first everything about this WOE was great and made since, but fast forward to today and I'm no longer losing but slowly gaining. My weight when I started was 194.6 and in my first week I lost 4 pounds, and it has been up and down ever since, today I weigh 186.4 my total weight loss at most has been 12lbs in that 4 week period. So I'm not sure why I am steadily gaining and what I'm doing wrong. Here is my typical JUDDD: on my DD I stay within a 500/600 calorie range, and my UD I barely reach the 1,000 calorie mark eating maybe 2 meals a day, with a handful of carb snacks throughout the day. Also I hate to admit it, but on my UDs maybe I am eating way too much junk mainly fast food and I do love my sweets. Could this be an issue? Also I would like to know what some of you eat on a typical UD since no foods are off limit, I see most people here talking about their DD meals, but what about your UD meals? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
"D"
Your numbers don't sound correct, as the others have said here. However, I guess I don't understand how anyone could be unhappy with 12 lbs in 4 weeks. That's about the fastest you're going to lose on any WOE other than HCG.

ETA: I see that you went up, and the loss is now 8 lbs in 4 wks. That is probably some of the initial water loss filling back in. Typically, a big loss at the beginning of any diet is partially water loss. 8 lbs is still phenomenal!!!

Last edited by Librarygirl; 05-04-2013 at 05:08 PM..
Librarygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
What everyone said.

And, yes, eating enough on UDs can be a challenge. Put extra full-fat dressing on your salad. Extra butter on your chicken or potato. If you eat sweets eat sweets.

I stalled myself several times by not noticing I was eating too little. For several weeks I had to plan a lunch of at least 500 calories when I wasn't hungry.

It is counter-intuitive to so much we have been told about weight loss, but it can be done. And, oh my, it does work.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote