Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Extra calories left over (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/803369-extra-calories-left-over.html)

Collegegal 05-03-2013 03:11 PM

Extra calories left over

If you have extra calories left over what do you end up eating. I find trying to eat healthy and get all the calories in is kind of difficult. Today I had about 850 left over. So I ended up eating a 600 calorie candy bar.... You know the giant ones. Lol. I still feel it's not the best choice but I'm running out of options.

Today I ate 2 eggs, an avacado, a sweet potato, carrots, cauliflower, a chicken breast, 2 pickles, and a tbsp of coconut butter.

KeirasMom 05-03-2013 03:42 PM

Wine usually does it for me. If I STILL have calories left over, I'll fill in with nuts, avocados, peanut butter, chocolate, full fat cheese/cottage cheese, toast with butter, you get the picture. Anything that seems decadent. It's what makes JUDDD so enjoyable, at least for me.

ETA: Last night I had 1/3 of a dark chocolate bar, and still had calories to consume, so later I had a cup of full fat cottage cheese with salsa mixed in.

Librarygirl 05-03-2013 03:49 PM

I usually have so much I want to eat on UDs, I can't fit all the calories in lol. A breakfast sandwich and coffee with cream usually will put you up to 500+ just to start. A sandwich with cheese, veggies, chips and a cookie will get you 500+...dinner of steak, potato w/sour cream, cheese and butter will get you about 800-900 more, and dessert will definitely finish the day. Those are the kind of days I have, plus snacking and I usually don't have to worry about extra cals left over. I have started eating lighter lunches, so that I can have more at night. You'll get there!

Flossyliz 05-03-2013 03:53 PM

I'm with Dawn! Avocado mashed up on toast, cheese, chocolate, wine, nuts ...... :yummy:

Kismet311 05-03-2013 04:11 PM

I really should try some wine LOL
Snacking on nuts will do it. I don't like to eat "junk" food either when there are so many good for you (although high calorie) foods out there!

adillenal 05-03-2013 04:25 PM

I have NEVER had extra calories. I always have EXCESS calories on UD's. I am jealous.

TryingJudd 05-03-2013 07:00 PM

I am with Adi. I never, ever, ever feel like I just have too many calories to contend with!! In fact on UDs it still feels like a diet. I have to severly restrict breakfast and lunch if I want to have a nice dinner or contemplate desert. Oh well. Those of you with tiny appetites are blessed.

lylydvd 05-04-2013 01:48 AM

i can't even imagine having calories left over ..i know healthier choices are better for satisfying and for skin ,hair and i do love healthy foods but unfortunately if i were you i would have dessert not veggs neither fruits neither lean protein off course ..

LiLi914 05-04-2013 02:41 AM

I find that I usually fall within 100 calories of my UD calories and I feel satisfied. I agree with the others in regards to advocado and chocolate. They're great standbys and will leave you satisfied. I'm allergic to nuts so I'm unsure how satisfying they are, but that seems to be the go to for most people without packing in the junk food.

phoenix17 05-04-2013 03:39 AM

I sometimes don't know what to do when I am not sure if I have calories left. That happens when I eat out - the estimates on some of the calorie calculators are all over the place so I will pick something that makes the most sense to me (like yesterday with Thai spicy crispy duck - the calories varied from 400 to 1200!!). But then if I realize I am not at my UD goal, I wonder if I underestimated... I seem to remember reading on here that it is the DD cal number that counts in the SIRT activation more than the UD number so I sometimes err on the side of lower calories (that doesn't ALWAYS happen and I am afraid of being hungry the next day!).

This also only happens when I'm not at home. I agree its pretty easy to get up to those calories with wine and chocolate. Love this diet!!! :)

Planelman 05-04-2013 04:27 AM

My go to for extra calories would be a chocolate protein shake with almond milk and almond butter, mostly so I can hit my protein target. If my protein is good I go for some dark chocolate and almonds or macadamia nuts.

Mike

Librarygirl 05-04-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix17 (Post 16408347)
I sometimes don't know what to do when I am not sure if I have calories left. That happens when I eat out - the estimates on some of the calorie calculators are all over the place so I will pick something that makes the most sense to me (like yesterday with Thai spicy crispy duck - the calories varied from 400 to 1200!!). But then if I realize I am not at my UD goal, I wonder if I underestimated... I seem to remember reading on here that it is the DD cal number that counts in the SIRT activation more than the UD number so I sometimes err on the side of lower calories (that doesn't ALWAYS happen and I am afraid of being hungry the next day!).

This also only happens when I'm not at home. I agree its pretty easy to get up to those calories with wine and chocolate. Love this diet!!! :)

I have some days like this too, but I always assume I've overestimated. ;) Maybe I'm not eating enough.:cool:

Demonica 05-04-2013 08:53 AM

Extra calories left over?:confused: What is this mystical creature you speak of?:hyst:

Hopefully I can get my appetite under control within the next couple days. My last UD was 1800 cals. I made it (:jumpjoy:) successfully without going over, but I hate to think what would have happened had I not had to go to work that night.

Kismet311 05-05-2013 07:21 AM

I only have extra calories left over when I don't feel like breakfast or there's nothing good for lunch (I get free lunch at work but won't eat it if it's not "worth it"). I usually will have an eating window, say from 4pm to 8 or 9pm so unless my snack after work is has too many calories or my dinner is off the charts decadent, by 9pm i have some leftover calories. That said, if I eat breakfast on my UDs and then lunch, I am starving all day and want to eat everything in sight. No extra calories that day!

zipp2play 05-06-2013 05:38 AM

I fill in my extra calories on Up days with :

Wine, popcorn, dessert or nuts! Typically FILLING in calories isn't an issue for me. I tend to USE all mine easily!